[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help with an appliance?

Sugar Magnolia

Our steaming oven says it needs to be descaled. Anyone know what that means? Need this fixed as we're poaching salmon in it tonight with company coming over. The oven won't work until we do this descaling thing-the instruction manuel didn't come with the house.

To descale a coffee I use vinegar. Not sure if that would work though. :D

Our steaming oven says it needs to be descaled. Anyone know what that means? Need this fixed as we're poaching salmon in it tonight with company coming over. The oven won't work until we do this descaling thing-the instruction manuel didn't come with the house.

Sounds like you've been cooking too much fish in it. :D

What brand is the oven? A lot of times manufacturers put copies of their manuals online. Look for the model number on the oven & Google it along with the brand name. If it is a popular brand then some retailers will also be able to get copies. Sears has a parts & service dept that has access to all the manuals for just about every appliance you can think of.

Brand Name...model number....details?

Sounds like you've been cooking too much fish in it. :D

What brand is the oven? A lot of times manufacturers put copies of their manuals online. Look for the model number on the oven & Google it along with the brand name. If it is a popular brand then some retailers will also be able to get copies. Sears has a parts & service dept that has access to all the manuals for just about every appliance you can think of.

:D

Thanks for your help. I guess I do need these fancy tablets only provided by Miele, apparently. I bet there is an inexpensive sub but don't want to take any chances. The local appliance dealer has the tabs. I was trying to avoid this but I guess I'm either ordering a manual or printing 72 pages.

When I was in college I used to work part time at Sears Parts & Service dept, that was always the first question you ask. :tup:

My BIL used to work for Gateway, the first question they always had to ask was......is your computer plugged in :D and more than 50% of the time it wasn't :D

Maybe the person you need to ask is Chargerz. :D

If you don't get it fixed use the dishwasher to steam your fish.... it works!

What's a steaming oven?

It does steam and poach food and leaves food a lot moister than doing it on top of the stove. Not something we would have ever considered buying but it came with the house we bought and now we love it. I think you can reheat stuff in it and maybe I'll find other uses now that I am actually going to print the manual.

The kitchen also came with a warming oven-been here two years and haven't used it yet.