[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

captain america .... is dead

isleseeya

Not sure if posted already but marvel entertainment / marvel comics had captain america killed in comic books hitting the stands today

captain america gets killed by a sniper in comic captain america numbered# 25 which again goes on sale this morning

Maybe they will bring him back like was done with superman in early 90's

I know its just a comic book but the way the world is today and the conflicts US involved in , I think timing to do this is dumb ..a lot of kids read comic books and I think its good to have an american hero around ( capt america was created 1941 ) and to kill him off is a shame for the children that read comic books ....

They will make a lot of money off the sales of this though

All of this makes me want to put on a cape :D

Captain America is no Superman, but how the hell do you kill off Captain Freaking America? :D

Have him retire or something and create a newer, cooler, better replacement but don't kill the dude.

:geek:

Remember Guardian of Alpha Flight? Poor turd got his own comic, then was killed in issue 11 or 12. His suit was basically the Canadian Flag.

As with most things related to Canada, no one seemed to care.

:ubergeek: He didn't actually die, the explosion of his powersuit sent him to one of Jupiter's moons. :ubergeek:

Captain America is no Superman, but how the hell do you kill off Captain Freaking America? :D

Have him retire or something and create a newer, cooler, better replacement but don't kill the dude.

Just have him fall into the North Atlantic again and freeze into a glacier until they need him again.

So now will Captain Canada have to protect it's own borders instead of relying on Captain America to spend all it's time and money doing so?

don't know about that. But if Captain Canada does get shot, he'd probably be better off dead, 'cuz I don't think he'd like the line he'd have to wait in to get treated.

I'm going to reply to this as a Comic Geek, I don't think many others posting here are readers so much as commenting on the news stories on CNN reporting this "event"...

Of course he isn't dead. Please. He dies off panel... in a comic. Characters who have died IN PANEL in horrific ways come back, it's a comic for cripes sakes. If Stark created a clone out of Thor's hair, what makes anybody believe that was Steve Rogers... or that the technology that created Clor, can't save Rogers? Hell, they mention in another book that he isn't even dead, which is yet to be determined if Ms. Marvel is lying or not. Hell, the cornerstone of his character is his young Partner Bucky dying on an exploding plane in WW2, leading to his being frozen for 40 odd years. Well, Bucky is now alive and called Winter Soldier and I am betting he will be called Cpt America by Summer.

Marvel keeps him "dead" for 1 year, tops, in a very Superman-is-back story in which he reclaims the mantle from whoever is carrying on in his name. I suspect he will be revealed as alive befor ethen and will carry on as another character, whether it's Ronin, the Captain or Iron America.

On top of the lame way to treat a character (he faught in WW2 and punched Hitler in the face, but he dies on the steps of a courthouse by a bullet to the head? Are you kidding me?!), what was up with the horrendous "interview" he had with the reporter? He is out of touch with America becuase he doesn't know what MySpace is, or who the last American Idol was? Are you f'n kidding me? Who thougth that was a compelling storyline? The character has never been written as "out of touch" with modern times in 616, and it wasn't until the Ultimates came out that he was written that way ever.

Cival War was total crap, this is the diareha icing on the crap cake.

Also... Vindicator (I refuse to call him Guardian) "died" in issue 12, that was a great story that certainly DID send shockwaves. Alpha Flight was a successful book under Byrne, and that death came out of nowhere as the heroes had actually won the fight. But this is from the days when a character death wasn't pimped by Joe Quesada as a media event, or DC calling out press conferences to discuss life without Superman.

I'm going to reply to this as a Comic Geek, I don't think many others posting here are readers so much as commenting on the news stories on CNN reporting this "event"...

Of course he isn't dead. Please. He dies off panel... in a comic. Characters who have died IN PANEL in horrific ways come back, it's a comic for cripes sakes. If Stark created a clone out of Thor's hair, what makes anybody believe that was Steve Rogers... or that the technology that created Clor, can't save Rogers? Hell, they mention in another book that he isn't even dead, which is yet to be determined if Ms. Marvel is lying or not. Hell, the cornerstone of his character is his young Partner Bucky dying on an exploding plane in WW2, leading to his being frozen for 40 odd years. Well, Bucky is now alive and called Winter Soldier and I am betting he will be called Cpt America by Summer.

Marvel keeps him "dead" for 1 year, tops, in a very Superman-is-back story in which he reclaims the mantle from whoever is carrying on in his name. I suspect he will be revealed as alive befor ethen and will carry on as another character, whether it's Ronin, the Captain or Iron America.

On top of the lame way to treat a character (he faught in WW2 and punched Hitler in the face, but he dies on the steps of a courthouse by a bullet to the head? Are you kidding me?!), what was up with the horrendous "interview" he had with the reporter? He is out of touch with America becuase he doesn't know what MySpace is, or who the last American Idol was? Are you f'n kidding me? Who thougth that was a compelling storyline? The character has never been written as "out of touch" with modern times in 616, and it wasn't until the Ultimates came out that he was written that way ever.

Also... Vindicator (I refuse to call him Guardian) "died" in issue 12, that was a great story that certainly DID send shockwaves. Alpha Flight was a successful book under Byrne, and that death came out of nowhere as the heroes had actually won the fight. But this is from the days when a character death wasn't pimped by Joe Quesada as a media event, or DC calling out press conferences to discuss life without Superman.

:D

Now that was impressive even if I did not understand it all .... Or most

The hobby will always get the "funny books" attitude, but Nic Cage sold his collection for around 1.5 million, and my own collection is also secured by an insurance policy vs theft, fire or flood for $150,000.00, and I need to have the policy redone as I have some more high grade books that come into my collection. I'd say they will bump the coverage up to $180,000.00-$200,000.00 this year.

The hobby will always get the "funny books" attitude, but Nic Cage sold his collection for around 1.5 million, and my own collection is also secured by an insurance policy vs theft, fire or flood for $150,000.00, and I need to have the policy redone as I have some more high grade books that come into my collection. I'd say they will bump the coverage up to $180,000.00-$200,000.00 this year.

I would love to see a peak into your collection!!

To others... remember, I started my rant off with a disclaimer that I was posting a response from a comic geek perspective, and I realized most (if not all) the other posts were from a non-comic reading- i saw it on a news story perspective.

:D