[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hippies

AtomicCEO

So, I work in Boulder. It's a college town and we have hippies. The kind of hippes who could only survive in a college town. Madison, Ann Arbor, Austin... we're no Berkley... but it's bad.

Occasionally there is a group of people standing in the middle of the walking mall or on a street corner with peace sign bandannas and placards reading "Vigil for Peace". I have actually said to someone in this group... "Is it working????" :D Morons.

In what way does standing still in a public place with a stupid sign with droopy clothes and patchuli stink affect change? What kind of pot-addled mind dreamed up this genius strategy? "I feel strongly about something... but I'm too stupid to do anything other than standing still with glassy eyes. Maybe someone else will see my sign, and take the action I'm too retarded to do myself!"

Today, when I saw these people on the side of the road, I thought of a way they might be more successful. And so today I launch "Hot Sluts for Peace". No more droopy old men and women... this is going to be young hotties in very very slutty outfits. They may carry signs. I'm not sure it would matter. Maybe it will just be a front for my pimping enterprise I've been thinking of starting.

I haven't hashed out all the details, but so far the concept is solid.

Edited by AtomicCEO

we have hippies all over the place around here. Between the 14 community colleges, Uv. of Maryland, Towson, Frostburg and even Bowie State they are all like roaches.

But we have the uber hippie local band called Blue Miracle. Dude they put the Dead and Phish fan's to shame.

I honestly believe not showering is a requirement.

EDIT - Blue Miracles My Space page See what I mean

Edited by cliaz

So, I work in Boulder. It's a college town and we have hippies. The kind of hippes who could only survive in a college town. Madison, Ann Arbor, Austin... we're no Berkley... but it's bad.

Occasionally there is a group of people standing in the middle of the walking mall or on a street corner with peace sign bandannas and placards reading "Vigil for Peace". I have actually said to someone in this group... "Is it working????" :D Morons.

In what way does standing still in a public place with a stupid sign with droopy clothes and patchuli stink affect change? What kind of pot-addled mind dreamed up this genius strategy? "I feel strongly about something... but I'm too stupid to do anything other than standing still with glassy eyes. Maybe someone else will see my sign, and take the action I'm too retarded to do myself!"

Today, when I saw these people on the side of the road, I thought of a way they might be more successful. And so today I launch "Hot Sluts for Peace". No more droopy old men and women... this is going to be young hotties in very very slutty outfits. They may carry signs. I'm not sure it would matter. Maybe it will just be a front for my pimping enterprise I've been thinking of starting.

Let me know when your stock goes public. I'm in. Hell beats ADGI.

Altenatively, if you start a "euthenasia of hippies" campaign, I'm also in.

These are your peeps! Liberalims boiled down to its core. Rather than selling out to the man, they are representin the liberal cause! They are you, before you sold out dude. They are you without the wife, kid, and a regular shower.

we have hippies all over the place around here. Between the 14 community colleges, Uv. of Maryland, Towson, Frostburg and even Bowie State they are all like roaches.

But we have the uber hippie local band called Blue Miracle. Dude they put the Dead and Phish fan's to shame.

I honestly believe not showering is a requirement.

EDIT - Blue Miracles My Space page See what I mean

Their top song is a cover of MMW's Bubble house. Are they all covers?

In Missoula, we have educated Hippies. They refer to themselves as Granolas. Lots of tree huggers. Their pretty decent people, but a little stange.

A few years back, my sister was visiting from Newport Beach, CA and as we were driving across the Clark Fork River bridge through downtown Missoula she started laughing out of nowhere. There was a naked fly fisherman hooked into a trout right below the bridge. Unfortunately it was a guy.

Strange crap like that does keep a lot of people out of our state.

These are your peeps! Liberalims boiled down to its core. Rather than selling out to the man, they are representin the liberal cause! They are you, before you sold out dude. They are you without the wife, kid, and a regular shower.

That might be eerily and tragically on the mark. ouch.

You're like the Michael Keaton character from the movie Night Shift. I'm probably the only one here who remembers that movie. He was an 'idea man' too. :D

This is wiegie telling Czarina to shut up. This is wiegie telling Czarina to shut up... to shut up... to shut up.

:D

In Missoula, we have educated Hippies. They refer to themselves as Granolas. Lots of tree huggers. Their pretty decent people, but a little stange.

A few years back, my sister was visiting from Newport Beach, CA and as we were driving across the Clark Fork River bridge through downtown Missoula she started laughing out of nowhere. There was a naked fly fisherman hooked into a trout right below the bridge. Unfortunately it was a guy.

Strange crap like that does keep a lot of people out of our state.

ha thats why i love youre state , not the naked man part , but the were all crazy here part :D

Back in Santa Cruz, they used to invade the farmer's market. It was a total pain. I used to feel badly for the farmers because the hippies sort of assumed they were of like mind because they farmed organically, often had long hair, were typically not very concerned with how clean they were, etc. It used to hit me as so ironic. The hippies idea of celebrating organic produce was to set up a freaking drum circle at the market. The farmers on the other hand got up before the sun essentially every freaking day and did back breaking work in the sun all day and prayed that they wouldn't get hosed by crappy weather and lose a ton of money yet these little punks somehow thought they were on the same team. In reality, all they were really doing was chase away some potential customers.

Don't get me started on freaking hippies.