[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need help in deciding who to keep

ok I need to designate my 5 keepers

these are my choices

QB - Leinart , Rivers , E.Manning

RB - Steven Jackson,Reggie Bush, Ronnie Brown,Caddalic Williams ,Deangalo Williams

WR- Roy Williams,Lavernaus Coles, Anquan Boldin, Chris Chambers

TE - Jeremy Shockey

Scoring

20 yrds passing = 1pt

300+ yrd game = 1pt

passing TD = 4 pt

passing TD 80+ yrds = extra 4 pts

interception = -2 pts

10 rush yards = 1pt

150+ yrds = 1 pt

rush TD = 6 pts

rush TD 40-79 yrd = 2pts extra

rush TD 80+ = 4 pts extra

10 rec yards = 1 pt

receptions 9 or more = 2 pts

Rec TD = 6 pts

rec TD 40-79 yrds = 2 pts extra

rec TD 80+ = 4 pts extra

return TD = 6pts

fumbles = -2 pts

i can start

1 qb , 1 rb , 2 wr, 1 wr/rb , 1 te

but i may be able to swing a deal with one of my backs for a draft pick this year, so keeping the backs is a option.

any ideas?

SJax/Bush/Ronnie/DeW and either Roy or Boldin, depening on your liking. I would go with Roy.

I agree with this, however, as you can only start 2 RBs, I would look to deal one of the RBs for a pick so that you can keep both WRs, or package one of the RBs with one of the WRs for a WR upgrade or Gates.

I agree with this, however, as you can only start 2 RBs, I would look to deal one of the RBs for a pick so that you can keep both WRs, or package one of the RBs with one of the WRs for a WR upgrade or Gates.

+1

Great advice. In a start 2 RB system, it may make sense to keep one player who doesn't see the field but it doesn't make sense to keep 2 of them.

With 5 designated keepers, someone is going to be looking for Bush or R Brown & be willing to overpay for them packaged with a very good WR like Coles or Boldin. I think you may have a harder time moving Caddy or D Williams, since their values are down a bit. You have a great opportunity to turn 2 very good players into one great player or another very good player & a high draft pick.

I would keep your top five RB's. You can get just about any receiver/QB/TE you want for them. A few years ago I kept 5 RB's in my 5-keeper league and now I've got Carson Palmer/Torry Holt to go with 3 stud RBs.

I would keep your top five RB's. You can get just about any receiver/QB/TE you want for them. A few years ago I kept 5 RB's in my 5-keeper league and now I've got Carson Palmer/Torry Holt to go with 3 stud RBs.

The caveat being that this only works if enough of your fellow owner are stupid.

I've seen this tactic backfire before when most if not all of the other owners are savvy & realize you're way overstocked at one position & are very wek at others as a result. You take a large risk of getting seriously lowballed, which could have you starting at a position of ignificant weakness at the beginning of the season.

The caveat being that this only works if enough of your fellow owner are stupid.

I've seen this tactic backfire before when most if not all of the other owners are savvy & realize you're way overstocked at one position & are very wek at others as a result. You take a large risk of getting seriously lowballed, which could have you starting at a position of ignificant weakness at the beginning of the season.

somebody is going to need an RB at some point, and you will have them aplenty. It may take a year to get your perfect mix but if you can be a bit patient, somebody will come callin. RB's are gold, get rich. It may cost you a season, but the investment will pay dividends. I've been in the money for 3 years now.

Edited by Seahawks21

somebody is going to need an RB at some point, and you will have them aplenty. It may take a year to get your perfect mix but if you can be a bit patient, somebody will come callin. RB's are gold, get rich. It may cost you a season, but the investment will pay dividends. I've been in the money for 3 years now.

I have already sacraficed last season and finished 2nd to last, but on the bright side I do have the 2nd selection in the draft, so what I think I have decided to do is try and get a little more depth by trading one of my backs , now I figured the one that is most expendable is Ronnie Brown , so I have made a announcement to the league that Ronnie Brown is on the block, now I have already recieved a offer , after only a couple of hours , but I am not too fond of it as it would leave me in a similar position with 5 backs, the offer was Willie Parker for Brown straight up which I dont like too much, but I am thinking about maybe dealing him for a couple of draft picks, maybe a 3rd rd this year and a 4th rd next year, what do you guys think?

you don't like Willie Parker for Ronnie Brown!@?!? What is wrong with you!?!?! You could trade Willie Parker for any WR in the league outside of maybe Steve Smith, and any QB other than Palmer/Manning...maybe even one of them!!!

Since you have to start at least 2 WR's I would keep R Williams and Boldin. then you can keep S Jackson,Bush and Ronnie Brown.

you don't like Willie Parker for Ronnie Brown!@?!? What is wrong with you!?!?! You could trade Willie Parker for any WR in the league outside of maybe Steve Smith, and any QB other than Palmer/Manning...maybe even one of them!!!

No way would I give up Brown for Willie Parker. Parker and his uselessness in short yardage situations is 1 of the things that were wrong with Pittsburgh last year. I do not expect him to ever have another 1000 season. I could be wrong of course.

Since you have to start at least 2 WR's I would keep R Williams and Boldin. then you can keep S Jackson,Bush and Ronnie Brown.

No way would I give up Brown for Willie Parker. Parker and his uselessness in short yardage situations is 1 of the things that were wrong with Pittsburgh last year. I do not expect him to ever have another 1000 season. I could be wrong of course.

Thanks for the disclaimer at least. Geez. Fast Willie is the real deal. The jury is still out on Brown. Willie's numbers were darn good last year, goal-line or not.

Thanks for the disclaimer at least. Geez. Fast Willie is the real deal. The jury is still out on Brown. Willie's numbers were darn good last year, goal-line or not.

ok I have traded ronnie brown and got 4 draft picks over 2 years.

3rd round and 7th round 2007

3rd round and 4th round 2008

my keepers are S.Jackson,R.Bush,C.WIlliams,R.Williams, A.Boldin

Awful decision IMO. Two years from now you're gonna be stuck with Jackson, Bush, and holes.

Completely disagree. Brown would have been the one to move IMO, as he simply buckled from the workload this season. He's got nice keepers; if he's got the 2nd rookie pick what's the likelihood he can grab Calvin Johnson? Prolly pretty decent, as long as Brown didn't go to the team with the #1. I think he kept the better of the Auburn backs.

You trade Ronnie Brown for Willie Parker. Keep him and Steven Jackson.

***looks like I was late to this party as usual. Thats what you should have done. I'm not a big advocate of accepting future draft picks. But what do I know. Good luck, you are still in a good spot. Willie and SJax would have given you #3 and #4. The Dude abides.

Edited by TheDude

So, do you have that WDIS every week though?