[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What was the most challenging, nerve-racking, stressful situation

irish

I had a similar experience.

During a routine sonogram the doc notices the amniotic fluid level appeared lower than it should have been. My wife goes into the hospital for observation and winds up spending three weeks getting steroid shots to accelerate lung development in the baby. Total bed rest. She wasn't even allowed to roll over without assistance from a nurse.

I'm working all day and spending all evening at the hospital trying to provide moral support to a completely stressed out pregnant women. Not an easy thing to do under the circumstances. At the 32 week mark, I arrive at the hospital to find out they are prepping my wife for an emergency C section. Seems the fluid level had dropped to a dangerous level and they needed to deliver right away. I had all of five minutes to talk to her before they rolled her away. I wind up pacing for a what seemed like hours waiting for some news. They had no idea whether my daughter would be OK or not, not to mention the possible complications my wife could be dealing with.

There was some minor difficulty during the procedure, but in the end my daughter was extracted and rushed off to the NICU. It didn't end there. We had two more months of daily hospital visits. My daughter was on a respirator for the first three weeks. They had to insert a chest tube at one point. Of course my wife is also trying to recover from the surgery at the same time. She's going through some postpartum and we are having to see my daughter with tubes sticking out of her. We are surrounded by other babies and stressed out parents. We had to see other babies die, grieving parents, emergency surgical procedures, etc. I can't imagine how those doctors and nurses (especially the nurses) can deal with all that pain and suffering.

Thankfully, after two months we were finally able to bring her home. 16 years (almost) later, she is on the verge of becoming a black belt and can most likely kick my butt.

I would never wish that kind of daily stress on my worst enemy.

Good lord that would be stressful. My wife ended up having a C-Section as she was not progressing when they induced her as she was having very high blood pressure, and it was causing issues with my son's blood pressure. Nothing like what you went through (I did put my parents through what you did, as I was born 7 weeks premature with a condition called necrotizing endocronitis (sp?), which is essentially gangrene of the intestines) A few months in NICU and few close calls later I was home. My dad says he knew I would be fine as when he was holding me a few days after I was born, I had my first dump and it was all over him. :D Yup, he is waiting for the day when he is old and senile and can return the favor.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar experience.

During a routine sonogram the doc notices the amniotic fluid level appeared lower than it should have been. My wife goes into the hospital for observation and winds up spending three weeks getting steroid shots to accelerate lung development in the baby. Total bed rest. She wasn't even allowed to roll over without assistance from a nurse.

I'm working all day and spending all evening at the hospital trying to provide moral support to a completely stressed out pregnant women. Not an easy thing to do under the circumstances. At the 32 week mark, I arrive at the hospital to find out they are prepping my wife for an emergency C section. Seems the fluid level had dropped to a dangerous level and they needed to deliver right away. I had all of five minutes to talk to her before they rolled her away. I wind up pacing for a what seemed like hours waiting for some news. They had no idea whether my daughter would be OK or not, not to mention the possible complications my wife could be dealing with.

There was some minor difficulty during the procedure, but in the end my daughter was extracted and rushed off to the NICU. It didn't end there. We had two more months of daily hospital visits. My daughter was on a respirator for the first three weeks. They had to insert a chest tube at one point. Of course my wife is also trying to recover from the surgery at the same time. She's going through some postpartum and we are having to see my daughter with tubes sticking out of her. We are surrounded by other babies and stressed out parents. We had to see other babies die, grieving parents, emergency surgical procedures, etc. I can't imagine how those doctors and nurses (especially the nurses) can deal with all that pain and suffering.

Thankfully, after two months we were finally able to bring her home. 16 years (almost) later, she is on the verge of becoming a black belt and can most likely kick my butt.

I would never wish that kind of daily stress on my worst enemy.

Good God, now that is a challenging stressful story. No offense Irish, but this trumps your story and pretty much anything I have ever had to try and deal with. I am glad everything turned out ok for you smithkt. I sincerely hope I dont have to deal with anything of this magnitude.

Punishment? :D It's all good my man having fun just like the rest of you.

No, our having fun isn't inviting 5000 nameless, faceless souls to pound me up the ass on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. Our fun is pounding some nameless, faceless dooooosh/feminine cleanser up the ass on a daily, sometimes hourly basis.

That and drinking beer.

No, our having fun isn't inviting 5000 nameless, faceless souls to pound me up the ass on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. Our fun is pounding some nameless, faceless dooooosh/feminine cleanser up the ass on a daily, sometimes hourly basis.

That and drinking beer.

Now that's funny.

Good God, now that is a challenging stressful story. No offense Irish, but this trumps your story and pretty much anything I have ever had to try and deal with. I am glad everything turned out ok for you smithkt. I sincerely hope I dont have to deal with anything of this magnitude.

Agreed ...that was some heavy duty stuff ..thank God all worked out

That and drinking beer.

And we're just about out of beer.

That and drinking beer.

I enjoy doing this myself. Well except the drinking beer part. :D I don't know about you but I have never been pounded up the ass with anything. And since my first posts/mistakes here, I've learned to take everything you guys say with less than a grain of salt and use it to laugh at and pass the time, even if it's something moranic said about me, it's still entertaining.

Do I wish some responses toward me were different sure but as I always say, it is what it is. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them all and then you have The Huddle. And regardless of any negative responses I get, I'm here to stay as I truly enjoy most of you guys and deep down I think I bring a certain something (go ahead fill in the blank) here that I think others enjoy as well. :D

Continue with the stories...

I have said it before , the huddle can be a tough place ...tougher for some than for others ....I sometimes wish there would be some less viciousness and stomping / piling on ...seems like it becomes personal when it does not have or need to be ...my two cents

I have said it before , the huddle can be a tough place ...tougher for some than for others ....I sometimes wish there would be some less viciousness and stomping / piling on ...seems like it becomes personal when it does not have or need to be ...my two cents

I kid because I love.