[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which QB has the best year?

Chavez

...Vick, Carr, or Schaub?

Cribbed from NFL.com's main page - but I think it's a fairly interesting question; Petrino may or may not be an offensive genius, but Vick appears to have maxed out at 2800 yds passing, 900 yds rushing, and 20ish total tds, so the question then becomes will Schaub or Carr statistically better those numbers?

Muddying the process is the fact that Carr is still in limbo and Schaub is a virtual unknown quantity. Schaub at least has been given the car keys to run Houston's offense, which over the past 4 years has resulted in passing numbers comparable to Vick's (obviously nobody can touch Vick's rushing totals - nobody in NFL history, even).

Carr's case depends on where he lands - Miami maybe, Oak may take a chance as Al Davis sees Jim Plunkett Jr, or whomever else is in need of a starter, though the best thing for Carr's career might be to sit as a backup to an upper-level QB on a good team for a few years to rebuild some confidence.

Edited by Chavez

I'm sure everyone is quite shocked you picked this one. As we will be if/when Waterhead shows up and does so.

How can you not pick Vick? When you say statistically Vick is a no brainer over Schaub and Carr but as a "QB" Vick will be much better than Schaub and Carr too. Schaub moves to an offense where Carr was not the problem as much as the O-Line was and Schaub is even less mobile. Carr IMO will be going to OAK IMO so... well... you know how that goes.

How can you not pick Vick? When you say statistically Vick is a no brainer over Schaub and Carr but as a "QB" Vick will be much better than Schaub and Carr too. Schaub moves to an offense where Carr was not the problem as much as the O-Line was and Schaub is even less mobile. Carr IMO will be going to OAK IMO so... well... you know how that goes.

Vick is an easy default - I'd[ have to pick Vick, as far as that goes. However, I have personally always been impressed by your ability to type while having his balls in your mouth, so you'll excuse for taking your opinion with a grain of salt.

Unless Carr lands someplace solid, I'm going to have to go with Mr. Mexico. Even if he is a better QB, no way Schaub puts up better numbers in Houston. That's just an ugly situation.

Well, he isn't without weapons in Ahman Green, Owen Daniel, and Andre Johnson.

It's a matter of Houston improving their OL - or at least getting the players there to play better.

If Carr lands in Miami Minnesota I say Carr, but like you said it depends on where he lands.

Carr

Vick

Schaub(unless the Texans get some great o-linemen). Problems there still are only partly Carr's.

Vick by a landslide.

You guys can bash Vick all you want, but his defense was horrid at times... I also saw him make throws that were dead on, only to have that spare group of White, Jenkins and Lelie drop everything.

I have too for 2-3 games in a row and then look horrible for another 2 weeks in a row. His WR's have looked bad but so has he. I think in a good system Carr can best 3000 yards.

His TE and WR's are pretty much equal to KC's yet Green put up 50% more yards.

The excuses keep changing.

First it didn't matter because the team won.

Then the WR's sucked.

Then the defense sucked.

This may be Vick's last chance. I'd like to see him him succeed, but he's running out of time.

Vick is an easy default - I'd[ have to pick Vick, as far as that goes. However, I have personally always been impressed by your ability to type while having his balls in your mouth, so you'll excuse for taking your opinion with a grain of salt.

Does this mean I win? :D

Schaub.

There. I said it. I'll tell you this. After watching DCarr for years, I don't want him on my team. I certainly don't want Vick on my team -- jeepers. Right now, Schaub has the only upside. IMHO.

Schaub.

There. I said it. I'll tell you this. After watching DCarr for years, I don't want him on my team. I certainly don't want Vick on my team -- jeepers. Right now, Schaub has the only upside. IMHO.

+1

This is the year that this team begins to improve. The record may not get much better, but the team as a whole begins to show some progress.

If HOU can come up with a solid dependable #2 WR, I'd say Schaub would be the best bet.

Figure Andre Johnson to account for 1200 yds by himself. Daniels is probably good for 400+ yds in his 2nd year. IF Ahman Green stays healthy, he's probably good for 300 yds. That's 2000 yds right there without anyone else.

The problem is, who else in HOU is capable of generating 700-800 yds at WR? If either an existing WR on the roster - which I think is unlikely at this time give the WRs there - or a new addition can step up into a legit #2 WR role, I think Schaub is the favorite.

Vick has already proven what he is capable of. He's been in the league 6 years and he has had all the benefits of all the excuses possible. Despite that, the fact remains he hasn't come within 500 yds passing of his 2900+ yd sophomore season since then. He'll never be a great passer. That's something Vicksters are just going to have to come to grips with. As long as he has his legs, he's capable of very good total yardage/TD seasons - but with all the running comes a greater risk of injury.

Carr is the complete unknown. Who knows where he lands? That he has been able to generate the numbers he did in HOU while running for his life most of his career, one can't help but think that if he goes to a team that can buy him an extra second or 2 in the pocket that he'll supercede what he has done in the past. But the 2 teams right now in most dire need of QB help - MIN & OAK - each have their own problems. MIN has the worst WR corps in the league. OAK has worse O-line problems than HOU. If he goes to either of those places, I don't like his chances.