[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Royals will win the World Series this year

Chief Dick

Are you kidding me ? Giving them the championship :D

The goal, my friend, is our 1st .500 or better season since 1992, and even that is a reach. What I've said is that I'm enjoying these moments NOW, because I'm not confident that there will be moments to enjoy Post-May.

:D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not laughing at your prediction, Chief. As of yesterday, the Royals is the only team with FIVE players batting over .500! Plus this pitching you speak of has an era under 1.50!

It will be interesting to see if they can continue this pace over the course of the season. Sure they will have a few down times here and there but all teams do.

The bats are cold in STL. I can't wait until they play the pirates so they can get their groove back.

The Mets are solid this season. :D

The Cardinals offense is still brutal, but, there pitching is going to struggle this year. They have owned the Pirates for several years, but, so had Houston. :tup:

How's that run for the championship working out so far? :D

Pretty good. In fact, thus far, we are out-performing the defending World Champions........

NL Central

1. Pittsburgh 4-3

St. Louis 3-4

At least have the sense to wait until you pass us in the standings before you start talking sh!t :D You and I both know it won't be long until that happens.

Edited by Menudo

Pretty good. In fact, thus far, we are out-performing the defending World Champions........

NL Central

1. Pittsburgh 4-3

St. Louis 3-4

At least have the sense to wait until you pass us in the standings before you start talking sh!t :D You and I both know it won't be long until that happens.

I'll always talk crap...even when the Cards are on the crapper below the lowly Cubs. :D

Anyone want to hop on the Phillies bandwagon with me - appears theres a TON of room now....

Relief pitching - highly overrated as an actual "need"....

Cole Hamels may end up 4-5, 1.89 ERA...with 25 games that had blown saves by the bullpen

Catching the Pit/Stl game on TV right now.

Is it always that packed at the Pirates game? :D

:tup: I'm watching too.

In their defense, I don't think many stadiums are full with the 20 degree weather. However, with the Pirates in the midst of a 15 year sub-.500 streak, people don't flock to them like they do the Steelers and Penguins.

I'm just glad we are hitting so well thus far in this series........ :D

Anyone want to hop on the Phillies bandwagon with me - appears theres a TON of room now....

Relief pitching - highly overrated as an actual "need"....

Cole Hamels may end up 4-5, 1.89 ERA...with 25 games that had blown saves by the bullpen

It is always that packed very early in the season. In years past, as the Pirates fall out of contention (usually by June) the stadium becomes pretty empty. The exception to that are Fireworks nights, bobble head give away nights and games where big name players are playing in town. Also as soon as the Steelers start camp the Pirates are not even much of a thought to most people in Pittsburgh. It is sad that it is that way but it is true.

I am a big time Pirates fan and would love to see constant support of the Pirates. Baseball is a great game and the Pirates are a great franchise, not to mention the ball park is awesome.

It is always that packed very early in the season. In years past, as the Pirates fall out of contention (usually by June) the stadium becomes pretty empty. The exception to that are Fireworks nights, bobble head give away nights and games where big name players are playing in town. Also as soon as the Steelers start camp the Pirates are not even much of a thought to most people in Pittsburgh. It is sad that it is that way but it is true.

I am a big time Pirates fan and would love to see constant support of the Pirates. Baseball is a great game and the Pirates are a great franchise, not to mention the ball park is awesome.

If they start winning, they will fill that stadium............. We have the best ballpark in baseball, but, thus far, we haven't seen any good baseball in it. I will say this, I love the way our young starters at the top of the rotation (Duke, Snell, & Gorzolany) are looking so far.

:doh: I'm watching too.

In their defense, I don't think many stadiums are full with the 20 degree weather. However, with the Pirates in the midst of a 15 year sub-.500 streak, people don't flock to them like they do the Steelers and Penguins.

I'm just glad we are hitting so well thus far in this series........ :tup:

:D That last one by Pooholes would have hurt.

Edit: I mean Spoogio. :D

Edit 2: Whoa, he dropped the ball. That speedster Bennett.:D

Edit 3: Great game! :D

Edited by twiley

Was that not the worst baseball you ever seen?

Bay throws to the wrong base.

Paulino drops the ball.

They walk Duncan in front of Pujols twice.

They try to bunt when there is no room to bunt.

I hate being a Pirates fan. That being said I'll still be listening to tomorrows game.