[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Gotta' Ask

Easy n Dirty

Imus = Big Jackass.

Sharpton = Big Jackass.

Jackson = Big Jackass.

However, Imus is the smart jackass, because his ratings will go sky high after this, or he'll get fired and go onto Satellite Radio and make even more money.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the three of them cooked this up weeks ago.

Imus gets a vacation and then a much needed ratings spike. Sharpton and Jackson get a chance to shove their gruesome faces in a few cameras for a while.

And the media in general has more filler for their insatiable desire for garbage.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard the clip and i wonder what if anything is happening to his producer since he said something along the lines of dirty ho's and then imus chimed in...and whenever I see jesse jackson i always see eddie murphy doing his bit on if JJ was the president giving his acceptance speach...and as for Sharptooth he just needs to shut up too.

So it is ok for rap artists and black comedians, but not ok for a washed up old shock jock desperately trying to cling to fame?

When talking about the appearance of players on a women's collegiate basketball team, yeah, it's not ok.

One thing that I agreed with what Imus said after the fact in his apology. We make fun of politicians, movie and tv stars and the like because they have chosen to be in the public spot light and they can be made fun of (ie: his comments about Hillary Clinton). These girls did not deserve to be made fun of.

As far as Sharpton and Jackson and their grandstanding, I really don't see where these guys have any say, but just like a message board they can give their opinion, whether we like it or not we must listen to it or ignore it. I have chosen the ignore mode.

I heard on a local talk show yesterday that Sharpton admitted in the past that when he was younger he would spit in people's food if they were white.

I disagree with what Imus said and could go as far as saying he should be fired... but if he is fired and Sharpton did admit to spitting in white people's food and he is calling for Imus to be fired I would have to say that Sharpton should be taken to task and should also be fired.

is Sharpton just the pot calling the kettle black (or should i say white??)

is Sharpton just the pot calling the kettle black (or should i say white??)

Shartpon is a lobbyist masquerading as a "civil rights" leader. You should give his opinion as much weight as spokesperson from the NRA, Planned Parenthood, or Green Peace. (That is to say, while their cause may be just, the spokesperson is about as biased as humanly possible).

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL! I totally, 100% agree that what you say is true. They who don't like it will always call you racist.

April 10, 2007

anonymous is another spain alias???

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL! I totally, 100% agree that what you say is true. They who don't like it will always call you racist.

April 10, 2007

anonymous is another spain alias???

No, but I wish I had said that.

This is such a bunch of bullsh*t. How offended can you honestly get by what someone says on the radio? I think IMUS is a complete d-bag, but talk about making a flipping mountain out of a mole hill. These girls are acting as if they're scarred for life by what some jackass on the radio said.

"I would like to express our team's great hurt, anger and disgust toward the words of Mr. Don Imus," Carson said. "We are highly angered at his remarks but deeply saddened with the racial characterization they entailed."

Imus "has stolen a moment of pure grace from us,"

"Our moment was taken away -- our moment to celebrate our success, our moment to realize how far we had come, both on and off the court, as young women," said sophomore forward Heather Zurich. "We were stripped of this moment by degrading comments made by Mr. Imus last Wednesday. What hurts the most about this situation is that Mr. Imus knows not one of us personally."

"And we'd just like to express our great hurt, the sadness that he has brought to us."

"I would like to speak to him personally and ... ask him, after you've met me personally, do you still feel in this category that I'm still a 'ho' as a woman and as a black, African-American woman at that?" said Kia Vaughn, a sophomore center.

"I achieve a lot, and unless they have given this name of 'ho' a new definition, then that is not what I am."

Carson said, "We haven't personally received an apology. And personally, if someone were to apologize to me, I would feel better if I heard from them themselves. Reading it in a newspaper or watching on television or hearing it on radio doesn't serve any justice to what he said."

Carson said, "We haven't personally received an apology. And personally, if someone were to apologize to me, I would feel better if I heard from them themselves. Reading it in a newspaper or watching on television or hearing it on radio doesn't serve any justice to what he said."

This is an interesting comment. It seems to take with name calling, but Imus apologizing numerous times on Sharpton's radio show and his own doesn't count. :D

This is such a bunch of bullsh*t. How offended can you honestly get by what someone says on the radio? I think IMUS is a complete d-bag, but talk about making a flipping mountain out of a mole hill. These girls are acting as if they're scarred for life by what some jackass on the radio said.

your team wins a national championship and rather than receive national attention for this accomplishment you receive national attention for a barrage of racial slurs by a nationally known radio celebrity? nearly everyone in the freakin' country is now aware that someone who supposedly commands a huge audience of listeners has degraded these girls. i agree with you that his comments should not be worth a hill of beans, but our media has made this a mega story and that has impacted these girls. they are not to blame for that.

I had a similar reaction to Hugh One - if I had just had a great tournament, playing way over my head and taking it all the way to the championship game against all expectations, than I cannot imagine the "moment would be ruined" by the words of some radio DJ I didn't even know. Sure, they have a right to be pissed at Imus, but to position it in words about how he "has stolen a moment of pure grace from us" and "Our moment was taken away -- our moment to celebrate our success, our moment to realize how far we had come, both on and off the court, as young women. We were stripped of this moment by degrading comments made by Mr. Imus last Wednesday". It's just so over the top, at least as I see it.

He's a shock jock, this is what he does, he stepped over the line but it ain't that rare - get over it.

Perfect. Thanks for playing. You are completely blowing it out of proportion yourself.

as i stated earlier, it was more than just nappy headed hos just being one comment that slipped. he also referred to them as a word that rhymes with wigaboos and held a discussion on these points for several minutes with his studio co-hort.

nothing i could do could blow this out of proportion on a national scale. that is what our media is doing and these girls have been put in the center of the firestorm as a result. that is what is taking away from their accomplishments, not the comments themselves.

as i stated earlier, it was more than just nappy headed hos just being one comment that slipped. he also referred to them as a word that rhymes with wigaboos and held a discussion on these points for several minutes with his studio co-hort.

nothing i could do could blow this out of proportion on a national scale. that is what our media is doing and these girls have been put in the center of the firestorm as a result. that is what is taking away from their accomplishments, not the comments themselves.

But they're feeding into it. If they would let it go away, it would. But they're not. And like EnD mentioned, how can their achievement be ruined by what this idiot said? Come on. Get over it. You guys played great, talk about that, not about some idiot craving additional media attention.