[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

North Carolina

cliaz

Well the wife and I spent Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday down in the beautiful state of North Carolina. More specifically Cary, N.C. It’s official. Clan Cliaz will be moving down there.

That area is way beautiful. In fact for the 1st part of the day I was walking around feeling uncomfortable and uneasy for some reason. Then it dawned on me. No trash lining the highways. Up here in my area of Maryland Cigarette butts are the state flower. Also there was nothing but white people walking around. I felt uncomfortable with that. Not used to an area like that.

The parks were gorgeous, the golf courses were insane, the streets were clean, and the shopping area beautiful, the homes were not 6,000 years old and the teenagers were respectable.

For $550k we could buy a way larger more beautiful home in a very upscale area down there instead of some crack house on a street corner like my area.

We’ve nailed 1 year to 18 months before moving.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what are the house prices like in NC?

Lets put it this way. the wife and I own a non-traditional Cap Cod in Bowie maryland. Our house is really nice with a lot of upgrades we did on ourselves (new kitchens and two new bathrooms from the studs up). We bought ours 5 years ago for $200k. A sh1ttier one two streets away sold for $435k.

Now at the current prices that means you can buy a 1700 SQ home in bowie for that price.

Down in Cary the same house cost $170 but its 20 years younger and in an area were there were only 3 rapes last years vs the 257 we have right now in PG county.

We peeped out this one house on a Golf course that sat on .75 ac of land. 3750 sq feet, 5 BR, 3 1/2 bath, In-law room over two car garage, upstairs bonus room with a pool out back and a stone patio overlooking the 7th and 9th hole. Up here that a cool million maybe as low as 899k, down there it was $539k.

It is such a beautiful area that there is no need to look anywhere else.

We peeped out this one house on a Golf course that sat on .75 ac of land. 3750 sq feet, 5 BR, 3 1/2 bath, In-law room over two car garage, upstairs bonus room with a pool out back and a stone patio overlooking the 7th and 9th hole. Up here that a cool million maybe as low as 899k, down there it was $539k.

Call me crazy, but why in the world would anyone with children want to live on a golf-course?

(unless of course you don't like your children and are hoping they "accidentally" get taken out by an errant golf-ball).

Call me crazy, but why in the world would anyone with children want to live on a golf-course?

(unless of course you don't like your children and are hoping they "accidentally" get taken out by an errant golf-ball).

We dont but it was an open house and I had to know what it looked like looking out from the master suite onto the golf course. And yes it is about what you would expect.

and the teenagers were respectable.

Very true. My in-laws met up with some of those respectable teenagers when the wrecked their car coming back from SC a few years ago. They came across them right after it happened, stopped, gave them water, and pretty much looked after them until EMS arrived. The average kid in the same age group around here would have slowed down to stare and clog up traffic at best.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it down there. :D

example - This house would cost around 600k in our area maybe even more with the large lot.

EDIT - though this house is more my wife's speed.

bingo

here is the house I would love to buy:

house

All 3 of those links went to the same Google image search. Was that your intention?

I'd be looking for something around 2000 sq ft, maybe a little less. I don't see any point in anything bigger, it is just space that needs cleaning. Rather spend my cash elsewhere.

ETA: Holy crap, just looked at that listing and you can buy one heck of a house for less than $300k!

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I'd be looking for something around 2000 sq ft, maybe a little less. I don't see any point in anything bigger, it is just space that needs cleaning. Rather spend my cash elsewhere.

ETA: Holy crap, just looked at that listing and you can buy one heck of a house for less than $300k!

Hey if you move down there and I live down there then i can drive by your house and leave anti-smoking stuff on your porch. :D