[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D.Jackson to 49ers for a 4th rounder

mitpdub

The greatest aspect of this trade is that it must be driving Lelie absolutely crazy! :D Everytime he thinks he has finally made the move that will feature him as the go-to guy, that team turns around and brings in someone else with real talent to expose him. Priceless!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The greatest aspect of this trade is that it must be driving Lelie absolutely crazy! :D Everytime he thinks he has finally made the move that will feature him as the go-to guy, that team turns around and brings in someone else with real talent to expose him. Priceless!

well sorta. Good news for Lelie, Djax will probably miss 4-6 games. Also with Djax and Lelie, will the niners lead the league in drops next yr, if Smith is even accurate enough to get the ball close to either of them.

Honestly, I want to see what local boy Jason Hill can do during camp and preseason before we pencil Lelie as a starter. Heck, technically Lelie still has to get past A. Battle.

:D

More?? With the exception of the year Dillon toted 300 times, all the Pats did was chunk it...

Not true. They ran a ton this past season and back in '01 - when they had a productive halfback AND a solid defense. The Pats chucked it in '02, '03, and '05 when either Antowain Smith was at the tail end of his career and/or the Pats secondary was getting torched. With the addition of Thomas to an already elite defense and a Maroney entering his prime, I don't see the Pats not being able to run the ball effectively or having to play catch-up in the second half of games.

Seattle's defense isn't that good and their O-line has taken a huge hit with the losses of Hutchinson and Tobeck. I imagine that they'll be throwing the ball a lot more this year than what Brady did in NE during the SB years.

Not true. They ran a ton this past season and back in '01 - when they had a productive halfback AND a solid defense. The Pats chucked it in '02, '03, and '05 when either Antowain Smith was at the tail end of his career and/or the Pats secondary was getting torched. With the addition of Thomas to an already elite defense and a Maroney entering his prime, I don't see the Pats not being able to run the ball effectively or having to play catch-up in the second half of games.

Seattle's defense isn't that good and their O-line has taken a huge hit with the losses of Hutchinson and Tobeck. I imagine that they'll be throwing the ball a lot more this year than what Brady did in NE during the SB years.

:D Not exactly Bill.

In 2002 the Pat's were ranked #9 in the league in pass D. Their run D was ranked 31st in yards, 29th in ypc

In 2003 the pass D was ranked 17th in yards, but #1 in ypa. They had lots of leads so teams threw a lot on them. The run D was ranked 4th in yards and 6th in ypc

In 2005...well, the pass D was not good.

The other two years the pass D was well above average.

Edited by Bring Back Pat!!!

Isn't Holmy in the final year of his extension? It appears there might be an unknown degree of animosity between Holmgren and Ruskell. If Seattle takes another step backwards and everyone gets another year older, is Holmgren going to want to stay?

Is the animosity anymore than what there might be between Head Coach and Quarterback after both gave completely opposing interpretations of the same events on multiple occasions in 2006?

I would hope that Paul Allen would be wise enough to keep an offensive genius and borderline-HOF coach around. If not, I'm sure that several other teams will be lined up for his services.

This will be Holmgren's 9th season in Seattle, he'll be 59 in June. I'm not sure how much longer he wants to stick around anyway.

Is the animosity anymore than what there might be between Head Coach and Quarterback after both gave completely opposing interpretations of the same events on multiple occasions in 2006?

I have no clue. As far as Holgmren's coaching future goes, why would one compare the tenuous relationship between Head Coach and QB in the same breath as the tenuous relationship between Head Coach and President of Football Operations?

Edited by bushwacked

As far as Holgmren's coaching future goes, why would one compare the tenuous relationship between Head Coach and QB in the same breath as the tenuous relationship between Head Coach and President of Football Operations?

I'm not sure it relates to his future, per se. I guess it seems (to me at least) that there is a degree of disconnect between Holmgren and those above him and below him. At least in the way he presents himself publically.

In a round about way, I'm trying to point out that I think this rift issue is a mountain being made out of the proverbial molehill.

Honestly, I want to see what local boy Jason Hill can do during camp and preseason before we pencil Lelie as a starter. Heck, technically Lelie still has to get past A. Battle.

Arnez Battle is a FAR better receiver than Lelie. Better route runner and better hands. Lelie will be used to stretch the field. I see DJax and Jason Hill wide and Battle in the slot. SF did a great job at the draft and "stole" DJax. They are a team to be reckoned with. The NFC West is going to be very much improved this year.

Arnez Battle is a FAR better receiver than Lelie. Better route runner and better hands. Lelie will be used to stretch the field. I see DJax and Jason Hill wide and Battle in the slot. SF did a great job at the draft and "stole" DJax. They are a team to be reckoned with. The NFC West is going to be very much improved this year.

Yup- NFC West will be much much improved, with 4 quality clubs.

Sea - 10 W - if they get to their bye at 5-2, sets up nicely rest of year

STL - 9-10W - easiest sched- could have nice year

AZ - 8-9W -- gets Wash, Cle, GB & TB -

SF - 5-6W - improved club, brutal schedule does them in

This is the way I see it. Only 2 games difference from worst to first.

Seattle - 10-6

SF - 9-7

Arizona 8-8

St. Louis 8-8

Could be the most competitive division in the NFL this year.

This is the way I see it. Only 2 games difference from worst to first.

Seattle - 10-6

SF - 9-7

Arizona 8-8

St. Louis 8-8

Could be the most competitive division in the NFL this year.

AZ and Stl have decent schedules, I could StL pulling out 10 wins

Please show me 9 wins on the SF schedule- that thing is ugly.....

Edited by wildcat2334

I think the niners win at least 9 games in the division. No one runs away with it, and AZ probably ends up with around 5 wins.

Not sure if you can call it a brutal schedule though, the niners have the 3rd best schedule based on this :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2830466

but the entire nfc west is on the bottom 3rd of SOS rankings :D

AZ and Stl have decent schedules, I could StL pulling out 10 wins

Please show me 9 wins on the SF schedule- that thing is ugly.....

September 10# vs. Arizona 7:15 pm - Win

September 16 @ St. Louis 10:00 am - Win

September 23 @ Pittsburgh 10:00 am - Loss

September 30 vs. Seattle 1:05 pm - Win

October 7 vs. Baltimore 1:15 pm - Loss

October 14 BYE

October 21 @ NY Giants 10:00 am - Win

October 28 vs. New Orleans 1:15 pm - Loss

November 4 @ Atlanta 10:00 am - Loss

November 12#* @ Seattle 5:30 pm - Loss

November 18* vs. St. Louis 1:15 pm - Win

November 25* @ Arizona 1:05 pm - Win December 2* @ Carolina 10:00 am - Loss

December 9* vs. Minnesota 1:05 pm - Win

December 15* vs. Cincinnati 5:15 pm - Loss

December 23* vs. Tampa Bay 5:15 pm - Win

December 30* @ Cleveland 10:00 am - Win

Not sure why you think this is so tough of a schedule?

September 10# vs. Arizona 7:15 pm - Win

September 16 @ St. Louis 10:00 am - Win

September 23 @ Pittsburgh 10:00 am - Loss

September 30 vs. Seattle 1:05 pm - Win

October 7 vs. Baltimore 1:15 pm - Loss

October 14 BYE

October 21 @ NY Giants 10:00 am - Win

October 28 vs. New Orleans 1:15 pm - Loss

November 4 @ Atlanta 10:00 am - Loss

November 12#* @ Seattle 5:30 pm - Loss

November 18* vs. St. Louis 1:15 pm - Win

November 25* @ Arizona 1:05 pm - Win December 2* @ Carolina 10:00 am - Loss

December 9* vs. Minnesota 1:05 pm - Win

December 15* vs. Cincinnati 5:15 pm - Loss

December 23* vs. Tampa Bay 5:15 pm - Win

December 30* @ Cleveland 10:00 am - Win

Not sure why you think this is so tough of a schedule?

well for starters you have them sweeping AZ & STL :D

I have hard time seeing them winning @NYG -

I think the NFC West will be tough- and I think they have a slew of tough non div. games.....

well for starters you have them sweeping AZ & STL :D

I have hard time seeing them winning @NYG -

I'm not saying these wins are in the bag but it isn't like sweeping St L and AZ is such a crazy notion that it warrants the LOL graemlin.

I also think NYG is a very winnable game.

For that matter, I'm not so sure I'd stick ATL, Car, or Balt in the sure-thing loss category. I'm not saying they win all three.

I think they'll be a good team this year. Good teams win games against good teams. That is likely the fundamental difference between your outlook and that of those of us who see them as a much improved team. If you think they're going to lose to every good team on their schedule, you must not think they're a very good team. I think they'll be a good team and, thus, beat a few but not all the good teams they face.

Honestly, there's nobody on that schedule that I think will out-class them so there are potential wins to be found every week. None of those are elite NFL teams. I think that NO, Pitt, Balt, and perhaps Cin and Car are all better teams but not so much that I'd be floored if they beat them. NE, Indy, SD, those are teams that they'd be extremely lucky to beat.

I'm not saying these wins are in the bag but it isn't like sweeping St L and AZ is such a crazy notion that it warrants the LOL graemlin.

I also think NYG is a very winnable game.

For that matter, I'm not so sure I'd stick ATL, Car, or Balt in the sure-thing loss category. I'm not saying they win all three.

I think they'll be a good team this year. Good teams win games against good teams. That is likely the fundamental difference between your outlook and that of those of us who see them as a much improved team. If you think they're going to lose to every good team on their schedule, you must not think they're a very good team. I think they'll be a good team and, thus, beat a few but not all the good teams they face.

Honestly, there's nobody on that schedule that I think will out-class them so there are potential wins to be found every week. None of those are elite NFL teams. I think that NO, Pitt, Balt, and perhaps Cin and Car are all better teams but not so much that I'd be floored if they beat them. NE, Indy, SD, those are teams that they'd be extremely lucky to beat.

thanks for the Gremlin tip Det! - they will not sweep AZ & STL. who knows they may beat Car & Balt, and lose @Cle and TB, life in the NFL. My point is- this team is improving, no doubt. Improving from having some of the worst talent in the NFL to having some good players.

They caught fire last year a bit, and will be improved, I just don't see the playoffs or 9 wins with the improving NFC West and that schedule.