[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D.Jackson to 49ers for a 4th rounder

mitpdub

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Niners are going to be a very good football team this coming season. They're in a very good position to have a solid draft and now this. If D-Jax can shake the injury bug, he has the talent to be a top WR in this league. A healthy Vernon Davis will help. Gore's a stud. Alex Smith is a smart QB with yet another off-season under his belt. Last off-season he improved dramatically. Lelie was a solid add, although he's been wildly inconsistent. The secondary is wayyy improved. Look out Seahags, I think the Whiners are about to surprise in the NFC West.

The Niners are going to be a very good football team this coming season. They're in a very good position to have a solid draft and now this. If D-Jax can shake the injury bug, he has the talent to be a top WR in this league. A healthy Vernon Davis will help. Gore's a stud. Alex Smith is a smart QB with yet another off-season under his belt. Last off-season he improved dramatically. Lelie was a solid add, although he's been wildly inconsistent. The secondary is wayyy improved. Look out Seahags, I think the Whiners are about to surprise in the NFC West.

The Seahawks have to know something the rest of us don't, as a 4th rounder just seems way too cheap to me.

Let me get this straight, the price for a Wide Receiver as talented as Darrell Jackson is a 4th Round pick :D

And people thought the Bears got jacked for moving up from 60 something to #37 for Thomas Jones. We'll know who that player is tomorrow.

Seahawks21: :D

Seeing this & now knowing the Saints, with 3- 4th round picks, passed on DJax makes me think the Saints are planning to take a WR at 1.27. :D

I predict Jarrett or Meachum.

Meachum won't be there at 27 (imo).

Now if they could only do something about Smith's child-sized hands.

It was obvious that the Hawks had backed themselves into a corner as far as having leverage to negotiate a good trade. A high 4th round pick doesn't suprise me, but dealing him within the division does somewhat.

Within the division is what surprises me the most also. They couldn't find a team outside the division(and preferably outside the conference) that would part with a 4th rounder for DJax? Chiefs? Jags? Titans?

No way the Seahawks trade DJax, within the division, for only a 4th rounder. Homgren's smarter than that. They might be airing this just to get another offer.

Not sure how much Holmgren has to say about this. He was reportedly pissed when the front office transition tagged Hutch instead of putting the more restrictive franchise tag. Now Ruskell, has in effect, let the Djax situation deteriorate to a point where they have to trade in their own division for a 4th rounder.

I stopped clamoring to the Ruskell mystique a while ago.