[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D.Jackson to 49ers for a 4th rounder

mitpdub

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with SF is Defense and QB. Willis helps this, but he doesnt play DL. But Norv bolting hurts the Qb. This team wont make the playoffs.

#1) Defense, they really weren't all that bad week in and week out and actually shut teams down when the offense stayed on the field long enough. They did get blown out of a few games, but notice that it wasn't like they were losing 35-47, they were getting shut out. With the FA moves and a more consistent effort from the O, they'll be fine.

#2) QB, guessing you were among those calling for Drew Brees' head in SD after he didn't set the world on fire in his first two years? The list of guys taken #1 over all at that position (ie: got taken by a really bad team) that have progressed faster than Alex Smith is very short. In fact, I can only think of Peyton. I mean, Eli has done well but you can't compare the situation he walked into with what Smith did. Have you actually seen enough Niners games to say this? Or are you just spewing the same knee-jerk BS you usually do?

:D

Still, I'll believe it when it's official. A fourth-rounder AND a trade within the division? That doesn't sound right to me.

NFL Network said DJax is in SF today getting a physical done so I'd think there's truth to this one.

#1) Defense, they really weren't all that bad week in and week out and actually shut teams down when the offense stayed on the field long enough. They did get blown out of a few games, but notice that it wasn't like they were losing 35-47, they were getting shut out. With the FA moves and a more consistent effort from the O, they'll be fine.

#2) QB, guessing you were among those calling for Drew Brees' head in SD after he didn't set the world on fire in his first two years? The list of guys taken #1 over all at that position (ie: got taken by a really bad team) that have progressed faster than Alex Smith is very short. In fact, I can only think of Peyton. I mean, Eli has done well but you can't compare the situation he walked into with what Smith did. Have you actually seen enough Niners games to say this? Or are you just spewing the same knee-jerk BS you usually do?

They gave up the most points in the league, that is that bad. PERIOD.

And who are they going to beat out of the playoffs next yr. I see Carolina as a better chance getting in, than SF, and that would mean 2 of last yrs top 6 dont make it back. i dont see that a bit. Alex Smith is not a quality NFL QB. SF would be closer to the playoffs, if they drafted Brady Quinn and let him develop. Smith simply doesnt have IT. This team is 8-8 next yr at best. And by 08, Arizona and St Louis will be better suited to knock on the door than SF. SF doesnt have playmakers, anywhere. Frank Gore is the closest playmaker they have and even he needs 25-30 times carries to be effective. My bet with Norv gone, Gore also regresses. The 49ers need help all over their OL, their DL, they need playmaker WRs, not broken down ones like Djax, and they need playmakers in their secondary. The CB they brought in is a start, but teams will just throw opposite of him every week, so he is negated. Willis is probably the best player they have on D now. And he was just picked up today. That is sad.

if this does go down- DJax is a great pickup by SF. Sea will miss him for sure, but they will be able to plug Hackett in with Branch and not miss a whole lot........

Let's be real- SF was a nice story last year, and is improving but I don't see them getting in next year.

Sea is still way more talented across the board than SF. St Louis and AZ will be much improved. I think last years late run was a bit of a fluke, b/c they are lacking talent all over the place.

Smith is fine, and the O coordinator won't change things too much using Norvs system. Smith is very bright and knows the system well. With this years FA acquisitions and a solid draft I think the just make it into the playoffs. We're realistically looking at 9-7 +/- 1 win or loss. I think the Rams and Niners will finish 1,2 with the Seahawks continuing to slide, and Ariz anchoring their usual position.

Seeing this & now knowing the Saints, with 3- 4th round picks, passed on DJax makes me think the Saints are planning to take a WR at 1.27. :D

I predict Jarrett or Meachum.

Meachum won't be there at 27 (imo).

:tup::D

:D:D

You continue to amaze me Rajn. As soon as they announced it I thought how does he know this chit!

That said I would still like to see them bring in a vet/mentor type rec to help bring these kids along. Just not sure there is room for that now.

You continue to amaze me Rajn. As soon as they announced it I thought how does he know this chit!

That said I would still like to see them bring in a vet/mentor type rec to help bring these kids along. Just not sure there is room for that now.

:D Well, everybody knew they were looking for a WR, it was just a matter of if one would drop. Of course I had no real idea Meachem in particular would fall to them, but I did think WR was a big possibility if one of the top prospects were there. For a while there when the CBs were dropping I thought they would go that route but then Ross fell off who I thought they really wanted.

McCardell is still available, I wouldn't mind seeing him brought in. :D

Problem with SF is Defense and QB. Willis helps this, but he doesnt play DL. But Norv bolting hurts the Qb. This team wont make the playoffs.

Hey Sarge. Doc here. Haven't talked to you lately but see you around the boards. I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.Not just because I'm a 9ers fan, well that's part of it, but I think they're having a good draft so far and have done well in FA. Yes they're a young inexperienced team and need improvement on both sides of the ball. I think they are addressing those areas and I firmly believe they WILL make the playoffs this year. Care to make a friendly wager on that? You say they won't make the playoffs and I say they will. Let's do a sigline bet on that then OK? Just let me know if you want to do a sigline bet. The loser would post the sigline in all message board posts and replys from the time the loser is determined up until the 2008 NFL Draft in April. I know you're a bettin' man and wouldn't mind this small wager :D

Hey Sarge. Doc here. Haven't talked to you lately but see you around the boards. I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.Not just because I'm a 9ers fan, well that's part of it, but I think they're having a good draft so far and have done well in FA. Yes they're a young inexperienced team and need improvement on both sides of the ball. I think they are addressing those areas and I firmly believe they WILL make the playoffs this year. Care to make a friendly wager on that? You say they won't make the playoffs and I say they will. Let's do a sigline bet on that then OK? Just let me know if you want to do a sigline bet. The loser would post the sigline in all message board posts and replys from the time the loser is determined up until the 2008 NFL Draft in April. I know you're a bettin' man and wouldn't mind this small wager :D

Hey Doc, longtime no speak. Ill take that bet. There is no way I see this team with Alex Smith going anywhere. Im not a Niner hater by any means, I see they are stockpiling talent, but with Smith at QB, they will be lucky to ever be a playoff team. Dude simply doesnt have it. I see alot of Tim Couch in this guy. The only difference is, Couch didnt have someone like Gore to hand off too, and he was exposed much earlier than Smith will be.

...You say they won't make the playoffs and I say they will. Let's do a sigline bet on that then OK? ... The loser would post the sigline in all message board posts and replys from the time the loser is determined up until the 2008 NFL Draft in April. I know you're a bettin' man and wouldn't mind this small wager :tup:

...Ill take that bet....

This is awesome. :D

I always love bets, and I have a feeling Sgt. Ryan will be on the losing end of this one. :D

Go Niners!

Hey Doc, longtime no speak. Ill take that bet. There is no way I see this team with Alex Smith going anywhere. Im not a Niner hater by any means, I see they are stockpiling talent, but with Smith at QB, they will be lucky to ever be a playoff team. Dude simply doesnt have it. I see alot of Tim Couch in this guy. The only difference is, Couch didnt have someone like Gore to hand off too, and he was exposed much earlier than Smith will be.

I think you took the wrong end of that bet Sarge ...

but with Smith at QB, they will be lucky to ever be a playoff team. Dude simply doesnt have it. I see alot of Tim Couch in this guy. The only difference is, Couch didnt have someone like Gore to hand off too, and he was exposed much earlier than Smith will be.

Alex Smith played really well at times. He's still two years removed from a shotgun offense, so there is a learning curve for sure. With there additions through Free Agency and the draft, there is no reason to beleive they won't be in the playoffs. I think they have more talent than the hawks today.

The Niners are going to be a very good football team this coming season. They're in a very good position to have a solid draft and now this. If D-Jax can shake the injury bug, he has the talent to be a top WR in this league. A healthy Vernon Davis will help. Gore's a stud. Alex Smith is a smart QB with yet another off-season under his belt. Last off-season he improved dramatically. Lelie was a solid add, although he's been wildly inconsistent. The secondary is wayyy improved. Look out Seahags, I think the Whiners are about to surprise in the NFC West.

Shhhhhhh I got a bet on this team :D

I disagree 100% :D

They gave up the most points in the league, that is that bad. PERIOD.

And who are they going to beat out of the playoffs next yr. Well for one they will win there divison I see Carolina as a better chance getting in, than SF, and that would mean 2 of last yrs top 6 dont make it back. i dont see that a bit. Alex Smith is not a quality NFL QB.Are you f'n kidding me? You are dead wrong! SF would be closer to the playoffs, if they drafted Brady Quinn and let him develop. Smith simply doesnt have IT. This team is 8-8 next yr at best. And by 08, Arizona and St Louis will be better suited to knock on the door than SF. SF doesnt have playmakers, anywhere. Frank Gore is the closest playmaker they have and even he needs 25-30 times carries to be effective. My bet with Norv gone, Gore also regresses. The 49ers need help all over their OL, their DL, they need playmaker WRs, not broken down ones like Djax, and they need playmakers in their secondary. The CB they brought in is a start, but teams will just throw opposite of him every week, so he is negated. Willis is probably the best player they have on D now. And he was just picked up today. That is sad.

I completely disagree :D Sorry, but I like what the 49's are doing and I think they are on the rise, PERIOD.