[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D.Jackson to 49ers for a 4th rounder

mitpdub

I think these guys are past the point of being a secret.

I think the NFC West and NFC North are well on there way to becoming powerhouse divisions again...

Well the bet is complicated and involves the Bears, it's a doosy for sure :D But I can't wait to be right :D

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're bagging on Alex Smith and saying the Jake Dellhome led panthers are a playoff team?

49ers Line>Carolina's line... I think Jordan Gross is average at best

Frank Gore> DeShaun Foster and DeAngelo Williams

Niners WR's<Carolina's receivers

Vernon Davis>Whoever lines up as TE

9ers D Line < Panthers D Line

9ers LB's > Panthers DB's

9ers CB's> Panthers DB's

I think Dellhomme is spare.

Alex Smith is still 23 years old and improving.

Alex Smith played really well at times. He's still two years removed from a shotgun offense, so there is a learning curve for sure. With there additions through Free Agency and the draft, there is no reason to beleive they won't be in the playoffs. I think they have more talent than the hawks today.

:D Pure Comedy. They got lucky and beat the Hawks 2x last yeat , wow - will not happen again.

I am curious? Exacty what position or unit do the Niners have more talent than Seattle?

this should be good...

I disagree with you there...

Its Frank Gore that will lead them there. They will take the crown though.

y'all are outta yer minds. The Niners will take a step or 2 back next year before they move forward. They snuck on people last year...............

Talent deficencies all over the field.........

:D Pure Comedy. They got lucky and beat the Hawks 2x last yeat , wow - will not happen again.

I am curious? Exacty what position or unit do the Niners have more talent than Seattle?

this should be good...

I'll take Gore over Alexander

DJax, A. Battle, and J. Hill over the Hacket, Branch, and Engram

Vernon Davis over Pollard

STL O Line over Seattles O line (nothing impresses me outside of Jones)

Both D Lines are not overly impressive, but I'll give that to Seattle

Moore, Willis and Lawson are closer than you think to the hawks lb's, but I'll give a slight edge to SEA

SF DB's over SEA DB's

y'all are outta yer minds. The Niners will take a step or 2 back next year before they move forward. They snuck on people last year...............

Yeah, alot of deficencies...

Alex Smith progressed big time.

Frank Gore emergered as a top 5 back

The O line improved even more

The Defense added shutdown corner Nate Clements and Michael Lewis to pair up with Keith Lewis, Spencer and Harris

Pat Willis and Bante Cain was added to go with Brian More and Manny Lawson

Where are the deficencies you're seeing?

Whats going on with Seattles O Line aside of Walter Jones?

Whats Hasselbacks injury situation?

Whats Alexanders injury situation?

Has Alexander hit the 30 year/I just got paid a ton of money wall?

What are they going to do with a highly overpaid and overrated wr corps? I like Hacket though.

Is Seattles secondary really that good?

Seattle fans have to wake up and realize they are no longer a power house.

I can't imagine why the niners haven't pulled the trigger on this deal. They've already traded away their first round pick for next year, so they HAVE to do well this year to avoid looking like absolute fools by handing New England a top 10 pick. San Fran has no number 1 receiver whatsoever as it now stands, Jackson passed his physical, and all Seattle wants for him is a 4th round pick, so just pay the guy the money and get it done.

Edited by Crazysight

This whole situation makes me sick. I'm praying that something happens to bomb this deal!

We gave away our first rounder for Branch just to give DJax away to a DIVISION rival for a friggin' 4th rounder???

The Niners are doing everything right IMO. They may have overpaid a bit for Clements, but he's going to pay hugh dividends in that division. I'm getting very nervous as a Seahawks fan, because I think the window is closing.

I still don't understand why the Seahawks would make a deal like this within the division. Pro: They get a fourth-round pick. Cons: They lose DJax's production AND they have to play him twice a year for at least 3-4 more years.

Why would they do that? If the 49ers were really the ONLY suitor, I'd say, "No thanks. We'll keep Darrell around another year."

For this move to have been made my guess is Jackson told the Hawks, with out making it public, that he wasn't going to play next year with out a new contract. This meant it was either release him, or get something for him, no matter how bad the deal might look. Here's to hoping he doesn't lose his tendency to drop important catches.

Also, wonder what the cap implications are?

Edited by NoSupe4You

That sounds more like wishful thinking than reality.

In the end, who really cares?? It's the 49ers. I like watching 49er fans becoming excited. Poor guys.

Well I would think you would care considering all the crow you would have to eat from a previous thread about Jackson being traded.

Do the Seahawks have cap problems that would cause them to get rid of anyone?? No. Do the Seahawks have an excess of talent at WR?? No. Could the Seahawks gain any help by selling Jackson at a low price?? No. Is Jackson a threat to the locker room atmostphere?? No. Does the re-signing of a cheap #3 receiver mean that the team's #1 reciever is "the odd man out"?? No. Get a clue.

I'm sorry, but you can't tell me Branch, Hackett, Engram & Burleson looks like an impressive receiving corps on paper. Furthermore, Burleson won't be cut until after the 3rd year of his contract. He is too cheap to cut until then for as valuable as he is to the return game. You guys don't understand. They aren't shopping Jackson. Teams are making inquiries, but there isn't anything the Seahawks can do. They aren't gonna take a 3rd rounder for him. Like I have said many times, if Branch had shown us anything at all, I agree that Jackson would probably be gone. However, Branch didn't show a thing. The bottom line is that the Seahawks can't afford to get rid of Jackson. I like how the writers keep suggesting that this could be the end of Jackson, while nothing of substance has been brought up to prove this theory. Every time Ruskell is asked, he strongly denies that the team is looking to move Jackson. It won't happen. It would piss off Holmgren too much.

Who again has a generous contract?? Darrell is not unhappy with his contract at all, never has been. Heck, he just signed it two years ago. This receiving corps without him is only stacked for talent when being compared to teams like Tennessee and New England. Again, if Branch had shown anything at all, this scenario may be different. They won't shop Jackson, they can't shop Jackson. They can't afford at this point to go into a season that finds their division still being "down", with four #3 WR's. Won't happen. Sorry.

Jackson is not unhappy with his current contract, he is unhappy that he was never paid his bonus from three years ago.

Engram got a small contract, Burleson got a small contract.

Again, do the Hawks have any cap problems that would lead to them having to get rid of Jackson, no matter how much the other WR's on the roster make??

Is there anybody reading this that would be happy to have Deion Branch as their team's #1 receiver?? Other than New England or Tennessee homers??

I'm done with you man. Wake me up when you're right about something. So far, everything we have argued about I have been right on with, and you are wasting everyone's time predicting things that will never happen.

Again, nice job substituting name-calling for actually being correct about something. Stick to science.

For the last time...DJax's beef is not with his current contract. I don't know how many times I can explain this.

I never threatened anyone. I simply asked if he would like the opportunity to call me all sorts of names to my face.

The beauty of always being right is that you never have to do 180s.

I don't remember posting anything about my job in this thread or boasting...am I mistaken??

My biggest thrill in life is taking "know-it-all" types and proving them wrong...especially when I get to do it over and over again, even more so when after you prove them wrong, they can do nothing but repeatedly call you names...which by the way is a great substitute for actual accuracy.

Clown, I'm done with you!@! Wake up. I've been proven wrong here?? me?? DJax is playin' for who?? Huh?? Those Asante Samuel rumors running rampant these days?? What was the other one we argued about?? There was something else that I was of course right about and you were mistaken. Ah well, who's counting?

:D You mean these?

:D

Listen I took the bet, I am confident as hell Ill win the bet. You dont win games on paper. I dont see them winning the division, and if they dont, they have no shot at the post season imo. In fact it wouldnt surprise me if they went 2-4 in the division next yr. I think they probably beat STL and ARZ once, and get swept by Seattle. If Seattle was healthy all yr last yr, I think they would have went back to the SB. They gave the Bears all they could handle in the playoffs, and that was in the cold on the bears field. BTW, DJ Hackett is a better WR than Djax is right now. Just like NO shipping Stallworth out last yr for Colston, SEA is cutting its loses with an injury plagues player who drops more catchable balls than any WR Ive ever seen. Watch out for this Hackett kid, The QB loves to throw to him, he goes over the middle, and is a big target in the red zone.

:D You mean these?

:D

I guess someone should go wake him up. :tup:

Listen I took the bet, I am confident as hell Ill win the bet. You dont win games on paper. I dont see them winning the division, and if they dont, they have no shot at the post season imo. In fact it wouldnt surprise me if they went 2-4 in the division next yr. I think they probably beat STL and ARZ once, and get swept by Seattle. If Seattle was healthy all yr last yr, I think they would have went back to the SB. They gave the Bears all they could handle in the playoffs, and that was in the cold on the bears field. BTW, DJ Hackett is a better WR than Djax is right now. Just like NO shipping Stallworth out last yr for Colston, SEA is cutting its loses with an injury plagues player who drops more catchable balls than any WR Ive ever seen. Watch out for this Hackett kid, The QB loves to throw to him, he goes over the middle, and is a big target in the red zone.

solid info here.........

Any football fans who thinks the Niners are more talented or is going to finish with a better recored than the Hawks is outta their minds.

I will gladly take any wagers from 49er fans on who finishes with the better record next year..........

I have a feeling I will have zero takers...............

I love Djax- but with Hackett emerging, and being able to spread it around, he won't be missed that much. Plus he isn't going to thrive in SF like he did in Sea bc he has Alex Smith throwing him the rock. Nice pickup, but he isn't gonna post that good of numbers in that offense.

The Niners aren't gonna make the leap from one of the worst teams in the league to the playoffs within a couple years. Baby steps......... 8-8 would be a nice year, followed by a playoff run in the next 2-3 years.

The Niners aren't gonna make the leap from one of the worst teams in the league to the playoffs within a couple years. Baby steps......... 8-8 would be a nice year, followed by a playoff run in the next 2-3 years.

Weren't they 8-8 in 2006?

Hey Sarge.I didn't think you'd mind a little friendly sig bet.I think the NFC West this year is gonna be tough to win. The Rams have made improvements.The Cards SHOULD be better, of course everyone says that every year. I've got Hasselbeck in several keeper leagues and hoping he returns to form from off-season surgery on his non-throwing shoulder. Every team in the division has a chance to win it,IMO. It'll be a fun division to watch this year. I too think that DJ Hackett will end up being the stud receiver this year for the Seahawks. It'll be nice though to watch D Jax burn his former team twice this year :D I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFC wildcard teams come from the NFC West this year. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but it's a possiblity. As fans, we all got to believe our teams are gonna be successful. I like what the 9ers did during the off-season and I think they're having a solid draft. The NFL must think the 9ers are gonna be good this year. After checking team schedules I see that the 49ers have 2 Monday night games :tup: . The Seahawks and Cardinals only have 1 monday night game each and the Rams have none. The NFL was probably thinking :D when they made the schedule that San Francisco has a good shot at making the playoffs so they wanted to make sure the public knows they're showing playoff bound teams in nationally televised games. Hence,that's why the 9ers have more monday night games than their division opponets. :doh: Yeah I know, a warped way of looking at it's but funny :D

OK, so good luck to you Sarge with the bet. I'll try to come up with a sigline that won't be too embarassing for you to post. You've got a good sense of humor though so I'm sure you won't mind :D

Weren't they 8-8 in 2006?

sold point 8-8. No chit. The West will be tougher- AZ will be improved, STL as well- I think SF caught some teams by surprise last year.

ARI(W) @STL(L) @PIT(L) SEA (L)BAL(W?) BYE @NYG(L) NO(L) @ATL(L) @SEA(L) STL(W),@ARI (L)@CAR(L) MIN(W) CIN(L) TB(W) @CLE(W)

that schedule looks like 6 wins to me - Non division road games @Pit, NYG, ATL, CAR? is there a win there?

not to mention Bal, NO & Cin coming in to the Bay...... brutal

Niners will be OUT of the playoffs by week 7.

Edited by wildcat2334

sold point 8-8. No chit. The West will be tougher- AZ will be improved, STL as well- I think SF caught some teams by surprise last year.

ARI(W) @STL(L) @PIT(L) SEA (L)BAL(W?) BYE @NYG(L) NO(L) @ATL(L) @SEA(L) STL(W),@ARI (L)@CAR(L) MIN(W) CIN(L) TB(W) @CLE(W)

that schedule looks like 6 wins to me - Non division road games @Pit, NYG, ATL, CAR? is there a win there?

not to mention Bal, NO & Cin coming in to the Bay...... brutal

Niners will be OUT of the playoffs by week 7.

:D This is why I took the bet. The schedule. I could see them lose all 7 of those games, though I bet they win one of them at least.