[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D.Jackson to 49ers for a 4th rounder

mitpdub

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't really talked about this impact on the Seattle WR's. How do people think Branch will do as the No. 1?

At least as well as he did in NE, and possibly better. I imagine that SEA's offense will be forced to throw the ball more often that NE's did in the SB years.

Branch wont be the #1. If they were smart, they would put Branch in the slot and run him straight down the seam and open up the middle of the field for Alexander. Hackett may very well have the best numbers of any Hawk WR next yr. I see him as their new #1.

Branch wont be the #1. If they were smart, they would put Branch in the slot and run him straight down the seam and open up the middle of the field for Alexander. Hackett may very well have the best numbers of any Hawk WR next yr. I see him as their new #1.

I would agree that Hackett has tons of talent but either way, right now, he is listed as their 4th WR. Branch is their number 1 and no one has really talked about him and what he could be doing fantasy wise this upcoming season.

In the end, who really cares?? It's the 49ers. I like watching 49er fans becoming excited. Poor guys.

LOL at a hawks fan feeling sorry for niners fans. How many titles does Seattle have? How'd we do head to head last year. Funny thing is, I always had family in Seattle so as a kid growing up, I pulled for both teams since they weren't in the same conference. When Sea moved to the NFC West, I had to choose and went with my hometown Niners.

All I'm saying, is that rooting for Seattle was always a tease, they show promise, only to come up short a few years in a row and then drift back to obscurity. I certainly do not need pity considering I got to enjoy the Niners completely dominate the NFL and basically change the way the game is played.

There isn't a fan out there who wouldn't take 5-6 years of mediocrity/being flat out bad for 5 titles and 20 years of dominance.

Thanks anyways, we're all good.

I would agree that Hackett has tons of talent but either way, right now, he is listed as their 4th WR. Branch is their number 1 and no one has really talked about him and what he could be doing fantasy wise this upcoming season.

Not being a 'Hawk fan, but being forced to watch every game last year, has given me a great look at Branch. Unless he was just having an off year I am not impressed. The loss of Jackson is going to hurt Seattle but not as much as it would if Hackett wasn't starting to come into his own. See Hackett starting out as the #2 up here this year but he will quickly become the #1 unless Branch somehow finds that which brought him to the "Hawks. Burelson is a bust except for special teams and Engram, while I like him a lot, is the third down guy. If Alexander doesn't return to stud status it is going to be a long year for Seattle.....no matter who is out there catching the ball.

I think you are pretty spot on Sky. A couple of notes:

1) Where Branch was disappointing from a receiving skill perspective, he brings an winning attitude. At the end of the KC game last year, after Wallace threw an interception, it was Branch who chased down the ball and got it back. That is a play that is made on attitude, and a play the Seahawks don't usually make.

2) I think you shouldn't under value Burelson's impact on special teams. I he ends up being a serviceable receiver and continues to perform on special teams, then I think he lives up to what he got (the true value of the contract, not the over inflated 7 year total.)

2) I think you shouldn't under value Burelson's impact on special teams. I he ends up being a serviceable receiver and continues to perform on special teams, then I think he lives up to what he got (the true value of the contract, not the over inflated 7 year total.)

Josh Wilson looks like he could be the kick returner next season.

Burleson was non-existent in the passing game virtually the entire season. Two WR picked on Day 2? You think they feel comfy there?

Nate might stick around come September, but don't believe his value increases until Branch, Hackett, and Engram get hurt, and even then, make sure Obomanu hasn't passed him up on the depth chart. :D

LOL at a hawks fan feeling sorry for niners fans. How many titles does Seattle have? How'd we do head to head last year. Funny thing is, I always had family in Seattle so as a kid growing up, I pulled for both teams since they weren't in the same conference. When Sea moved to the NFC West, I had to choose and went with my hometown Niners.

All I'm saying, is that rooting for Seattle was always a tease, they show promise, only to come up short a few years in a row and then drift back to obscurity. I certainly do not need pity considering I got to enjoy the Niners completely dominate the NFL and basically change the way the game is played.

There isn't a fan out there who wouldn't take 5-6 years of mediocrity/being flat out bad for 5 titles and 20 years of dominance.

Thanks anyways, we're all good.

my exact senitments.

btw- i didn't know your were a 9er homer.... where are you originally from det? was it east bay/berkeley?

Josh Wilson looks like he could be the kick returner next season.

Burleson was non-existent in the passing game virtually the entire season.

Yea, it seems as picking Josh Wilson further puts Burleson's future contribution to the Hawks in doubt. Burley ended up last on the WR depth chart last year and there is no reason to think he doesn't start out as the #4 behind Branch, Hackett, and Engram.

I'm still trying to figure out how this Djax trade makes a bit of sense. I don't think Djax indicated he would not play this year. I think it was ego vs. ego, and Ruskell's ego outweighed logic.

I don't know much about Ruskell, but I imagine that after this and the Hutchinson incident, he would be on very thin ice. Any rumors about him getting canned?

He still has a lot of latitude with the superbowl appearance in 2005. If the Hawks struggle this year, especially in the passing game, that's when the rumors will begin.

Holmgren was asked about the Djax trade in a press conference yesterday. Although the transcript makes him sound supportive of the decision, the pausing and guarded tone made it sound like he was purposely trying not to indicate his true feelings on the deal.

Holmgren was asked about the Djax trade in a press conference yesterday. Although the transcript makes him sound supportive of the decision, the pausing and guarded tone made it sound like he was purposely trying not to indicate his true feelings on the deal.

He knows he is next on the Ruskell trade list. That is why he was so guarded. :D

my exact senitments.

btw- i didn't know your were a 9er homer.... where are you originally from det? was it east bay/berkeley?

Born in the south bay(Sunnyvale), lived there until Jr. High when I moved to Santa Cruz. Went to Berkeley for college and lived in Oakland until early 90s. After brief stints in Sun Valley, ID and NYC, returned to Santa Cruz in 95 and stayed until I moved to NC in 2002.

I remember going to The Stick in the late 70s when they were completely wretched. In fact, my pee wee football team played at half time of a Niners/Rams game in 78.

Once again, I actually always sort of liked the Seahawks as well 'cause I was crazy about football as a kid (not much has changed obviously) and was visiting my uncle and aunt right when the Hawks team was forming. I remember they gave me a t-shirt a year or two before the team started. So, they were sort of "my team" since I followed them from the beginning and I was like 7 or 8 at the time. I basically rooted for them right up until they joined the NFC West. It's funny when you realize that you don't like a team anymore. For no particular reason, I found myself rooting against them during their Super Bowl run which is odd since it's not like the Niners even mattered that year.

I'm still trying to figure out how this Djax trade makes a bit of sense. I don't think Djax indicated he would not play this year. I think it was ego vs. ego, and Ruskell's ego outweighed logic.

Frankly, it doesn't make much sense from the on-field perspective unless Wrotto develops into the starting RG, especially if the Niners win the division next season with Darrell Jackson even getting 600 yards receiving (him being there is going to bolster their depth, whether he's dropping passes or not).

Regardless of the ego's in place, Darrell Jackson has had off-field issues with the front office that involved him missing practice and getting outside medical opinions. He also has missed 13 games the last two seasons, and played ineffectively due to injury concerns in another half-dozen or so.

From a cold-blooded business standpoint, better to trade early while he has some value.

Yea, I think that the 2007 season is the curtain call for Holmy with the Hawks. I sense that these guys have issues with each other.

Holmgren is Paul Allen's guy, and he's not going anywhere....

From a cold-blooded business standpoint, better to trade early while he has some value.

I disagree. We traded for Branch last year because we had a win-now mentality. Now we trade away our leading receiver to a division rival for a back up guard draft pick? The championship window isn't very big and the Hawks probably have one more shot in 2007, I'd rather have Djax one more year and then cut him. The Hawks offense going into 2007 is less dangerous than it was a few days ago.

The only way this makes sense is Djax wasn't going to play as a Seahawk.

Holmgren is Paul Allen's guy, and he's not going anywhere....

Isn't Holmy in the final year of his extension? It appears there might be an unknown degree of animosity between Holmgren and Ruskell. If Seattle takes another step backwards and everyone gets another year older, is Holmgren going to want to stay?

Born in the south bay(Sunnyvale), lived there until Jr. High when I moved to Santa Cruz. Went to Berkeley for college and lived in Oakland until early 90s. After brief stints in Sun Valley, ID and NYC, returned to Santa Cruz in 95 and stayed until I moved to NC in 2002.

I remember going to The Stick in the late 70s when they were completely wretched. In fact, my pee wee football team played at half time of a Niners/Rams game in 78.

Once again, I actually always sort of liked the Seahawks as well 'cause I was crazy about football as a kid (not much has changed obviously) and was visiting my uncle and aunt right when the Hawks team was forming. I remember they gave me a t-shirt a year or two before the team started. So, they were sort of "my team" since I followed them from the beginning and I was like 7 or 8 at the time. I basically rooted for them right up until they joined the NFC West. It's funny when you realize that you don't like a team anymore. For no particular reason, I found myself rooting against them during their Super Bowl run which is odd since it's not like the Niners even mattered that year.

70's were tough times... i also was an early fan of the hawks...loved a lot of their players. rooted for them in the afc.... root for them when the 9ers aren't contending.

very fond memories of capitola.... friend's family would rent a house down there for a month every summer.... block from the beach...... mmmm beach is sounding great right about now!

Isn't Holmy in the final year of his extension? It appears there might be an unknown degree of animosity between Holmgren and Ruskell. If Seattle takes another step backwards and everyone gets another year older, is Holmgren going to want to stay?

I would hope that Paul Allen would be wise enough to keep an offensive genius and borderline-HOF coach around. If not, I'm sure that several other teams will be lined up for his services.