[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders & Det trade

mitpdub

Russell is the franchise now, but at least now they wont need to rush him to start right away....either McCown or Walter can start until Russell is ready

As for Williams...definitely a reclamation project...but seems to be a throw in player with McCown on this one (Detroit was asking for a 4th for McCown alone anyway).

Kiffen use to coach Williams when he was at USC...if any one can turn Williams around it will be an ex-USC coach. I can see him being used in the slot as a hybrid WR/TE.

I keep hearing Williams is overweight. Why not just make him a TE?

Because he can't block.

I agree plus the fact that they just drafted Zach Miller.

They used the 4th round pick they got from Arizona for moving down from the #33 spot to the #38 spot in the 2nd Round.

Not a bad move if they were targeting TE Zach Miller in the 2nd all along

Honestly, it's not a bad move either way. It's not as if it would be the first time a guy needed a few years to get his act together. As bad as that team is, McNown could step in from day one and start for them. If Williams somehow becomes even half as good as he was predicted to be, they're getting away with murder.

They used the 4th round pick they got from Arizona for moving down from the #33 spot to the #38 spot in the 2nd Round.

Not a bad move if they were targeting TE Zach Miller in the 2nd all along

So for moving down 5 spots in the 2nd round.. they get a decent young vet QB and a gamble on a former first round bust WR? That's pretty good value for just moving down 5 spots.

Russell is the franchise now, but at least now they wont need to rush him to start right away....either McCown or Walter can start until Russell is ready

As for Williams...definitely a reclamation project...but seems to be a throw in player with McCown on this one (Detroit was asking for a 4th for McCown alone anyway).

Kiffen use to coach Williams when he was at USC...if any one can turn Williams around it will be an ex-USC coach. I can see him being used in the slot as a hybrid WR/TE.

That's a hell of a good point there.