[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft grades.

skylive5

He's putting a grade on something we won't know three years from now. Draft grades this early is like predicting the super bowl in 2010.

I beg to disagree. We will know by the end of training camp if most of the players drafted this last weekend will be viable this coming year and three years from now. He mentions a few "project" players and also mentions "immediate impact" players.

I can tell ya for sure... the Redskins should have received an F+ for their draft. Didn't address crap and took a player with their only decent pick that did not address any of the positions they need to address. I am very disappointed in their draft.

The dolphins have the best KR/PR in the league...

I think he could turn into a worthy pick.

He might turnout to be a good player in the league, but I think we could have found a player with more value for the #9 pick.

I wish Levi would have fell to us!

Edited by Flip_Side

I also noticed that teams that didnt draft "sexy picks" or guys with name recognition got lower grades than those who did.

We bash the likes of Kiper, then praise those teams that took the guys that were the highest on his board.

nonsense.

I didn't link to this guy because I think he is all that special.... I linked to him because it was interesting to me to see just how someone views what each team in addressing now and future needs.

However.... bash at will.

I beg to disagree. We will know by the end of training camp if most of the players drafted this last weekend will be viable this coming year and three years from now. He mentions a few "project" players and also mentions "immediate impact" players.

I can tell ya for sure... the Redskins should have received an F+ for their draft. Didn't address crap and took a player with their only decent pick that did not address any of the positions they need to address. I am very disappointed in their draft.

Yes, but for receivers going over the middle against the 'skins it will be like medieval torture. :D

nuff said. Move on.

This is the 2nd opinion that the Vikes didn't deserve an "A" for not picking Quinn. That's silly.

Seriously. By not picking Quinn, the Vikings had their best draft since Randy Moss. He's got Akili Smith written all over him.

I was more interested in the analysis than the grades. Once I saw the Washington grade I knew the grades were outta line.

Jim Trotter, a San Diego sports writer, gave Washington's draft an "A" based solely on the acquisition of Landry! :D

I beg to disagree. We will know by the end of training camp if most of the players drafted this last weekend will be viable this coming year and three years from now.

Wrong.

Adalius Thomas just signed a hugh contract. He wasn't a starter until recently. Priest Holmes wasn't drafted at all and sat basically as a backup for 3-4 years. Tom Brady was taken very late and only got into the game because of an injury. Hell, the Steelers once thought they had a dud QB and cut him in camp. Colts signed him and now Unitas is a legend.

It takes time. Pros and College are cats and dogs. Who had the best draft, steal of the draft and best trade/move up will not be known for years.

God, I remember some people thought the Falcons where smart for trading up to get Vick. Wonder if they'd rather have Vick or Brees/Tomlinson now?

Seriously. By not picking Quinn, the Vikings had their best draft since Randy Moss. He's got Akili Smith written all over him.

I'm not ready to call him a bust, but the Vikes need help this year and not 3 years from now. We could easily go back to renting a QB for a year with free agency. Not easy to find a RB like Peterson on the waiver wire.

QUOTE(skylive5 @ 4/30/07 1:25pm)

I beg to disagree. We will know by the end of training camp if most of the players drafted this last weekend will be viable this coming year and three years from now.

Wrong.

Adalius Thomas just signed a hugh contract. He wasn't a starter until recently. Priest Holmes wasn't drafted at all and sat basically as a backup for 3-4 years. Tom Brady was taken very late and only got into the game because of an injury. Hell, the Steelers once thought they had a dud QB and cut him in camp. Colts signed him and now Unitas is a legend.

It takes time. Pros and College are cats and dogs. Who had the best draft, steal of the draft and best trade/move up will not be known for years.

God, I remember some people thought the Falcons where smart for trading up to get Vick. Wonder if they'd rather have Vick or Brees/Tomlinson now?

The operative word in my post was "most". Even I know there are those that will or will not play out no matter how long one waits...or doesn't wait. And even if one does not wish to admit it.... there are some teams that go into the draft drafting for now. Not three years down the pike. Washington is one of them. :D

There will be indications on who did well and who didn't by the end of training camp. We won't need to wait three years to say... "oh, yeah, they had a good draft in ought-seven". We will be able to say it for the majority of teams long before three years are up.

There was nothing exciting about Denver's draft.

We only had 4 picks... 3 of them were D-Line.

At first I didn't understand why we kept going for the same positions and ignoring a seeming deficit at DB... but then I remembered Peyton Manning standing there in the pocket, unhurried, untouched, unsacked... picking us apart.

Yup. Makes sense. Not flashy... but if we can knock the breath out of Golgoloth a few times in the playoffs, it'll be worth it.

QUOTE(skylive5 @ 4/30/07 1:25pm)

The operative word in my post was "most". Even I know there are those that will or will not play out no matter how long one waits...or doesn't wait. And even if one does not wish to admit it.... there are some teams that go into the draft drafting for now. Not three years down the pike. Washington is one of them. :D

There will be indications on who did well and who didn't by the end of training camp. We won't need to wait three years to say... "oh, yeah, they had a good draft in ought-seven". We will be able to say it for the majority of teams long before three years are up.

A lot of great lineman in this league are drafted after the 2nd round. These guys usually don't start in there first year, but progress into it. Receivers usually take 2-3 years to figure things out as well. Unless you're Vince Young or Ben Roethlisberger it usually takes 2-3 years at qb as well. I know its not the most fun thing to do, but in order to actually accuratley evalute a draft class, you have to let them develop which takes 2-3 years minimum.

Anything at this time or during training camp is only an indicator, which could be wrong.

The AFC guy is a turd. Jets with a C? LMAO! They got two solid starters, including the best CB in the draft, found an O lineman that outplayed Carricker in the sixth round, and includes Moss in the NE grade, but not T Jones in the Jets grade. TURD!

Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio said that in his opinion the following teams did the best(not in any order):

49ers

Raiders

Colts

Browns

Falcons

Panthers

The teams he thought did the worst:

Cowboys

Eagles

Patriots