[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cleanse For Life Diet

pork chop express

One more thing, last I checked, your mind was part of your body. Let's just say that it is "all in my mind". I suppose it doesn't bother me if a diet makes me feel more alert, only to find it's "all in my mind". I think every time I feel more alert "it's all in my mind"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing, last I checked, your mind was part of your body. Let's just say that it is "all in my mind". I suppose it doesn't bother me if a diet makes me feel more alert, only to find it's "all in my mind". I think every time I feel more alert "it's all in my mind"

Yep a healthy body needs a sound mind to work correctly

You should try the "Cocaine Diet" then.

:D

I never fast for more than two days, but I do like the effects when I do. It can be a nice kick start if I want to get back on the right track.

I typically do the master cleanse which basically amounts to prepping by eating very light, vegetable only diet for about two days and then drinking a ton of water and 4 16oz glasses of water with some maple syrup, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper mixed in. I'm not sure how long you are supposed to go, but I typically stick with two days. It's actually pretty tasty. In fact, we have a cocktail at the restaurant that's based on it, basically all the above mixed with bourbon instead of water. We call it Sweet Heat. At any rate, I digress.

After the cleanse, I have a ton of energy and find that I don't just start eating crap right away because of an overwhelming desire to protect what I just cleaned. I find that I wake up earlier than usual, completely refreshed and show better efforts when I exercise.

One summer when I was in Kauai with my clients, I did such a fast in the middle of 2 week bikram yoga intensive. I practically felt super human by the end of that.

I've known plenty of people who did super long fasts but those guys were all anemic hippies who seemed insanely fragile and I wouldn't ever want to take it that far. Besides, I obviously love food.

That "feeling" you are experiencing is called light headedness due to a lack of vital nutrients to your body. You may feel super human but in reality you lack the strength to squash a fly.

That "feeling" you are experiencing is called light headedness due to a lack of vital nutrients to your body. You may feel super human but in reality you lack the strength to squash a fly.

How the f do you know dipcrack? Go injure yourself "working out" again. Not that I should be surprised to see you flapping your gums about something you know nothing about.

I know you're just trying to be clever. Perhaps you see that a lot of people here share your opinion on this, so maybe, just this once, you won't be the laughing stock of the huddle. Well, fine effort my man. Too bad about 10 different people have said pretty much the same thing in 10 different ways. Back to the ol' drawing board.

Now, as to your specific and highly stupid comment: Yes, I feel "super human" after a fast. In the aforementioned example when I was in Kauai, the day after said cleanse, I did a 2 mile open water swim, 90 minutes of yoga in a 115 degree room, and ran 4 miles in less than 25 minutes. Maybe I was imagining it all, maybe I should have listened to Grits the plumber and remembered that I was supposed to be weak and feeble and just curled up in the corner, but that's not how it happened.

How the f do you know dipcrack? Go injure yourself "working out" again. Not that I should be surprised to see you flapping your gums about something you know nothing about.

I know you're just trying to be clever. Perhaps you see that a lot of people here share your opinion on this, so maybe, just this once, you won't be the laughing stock of the huddle. Well, fine effort my man. Too bad about 10 different people have said pretty much the same thing in 10 different ways. Back to the ol' drawing board.

Now, as to your specific and highly stupid comment: Yes, I feel "super human" after a fast. In the aforementioned example when I was in Kauai, the day after said cleanse, I did a 2 mile open water swim, 90 minutes of yoga in a 115 degree room, and ran 4 miles in less than 25 minutes. Maybe I was imagining it all, maybe I should have listened to Grits the plumber and remembered that I was supposed to be weak and feeble and just curled up in the corner, but that's not how it happened.

Sounds like you need another "cleansing".

Did you know that many men when they are drunk off their ass remember having awesome sexual prowess. In their minds they had and provided the best sex to their partner ever. They should ask their partners about reality.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Did you know that many men when they are drunk off their ass remember having awesome sexual prowess. In their minds they had and provided the best sex to their partner ever. They should ask their partners about reality.

When I'm drunk off my ass, I typically remember farting and nodding off which might be your version of great sex.

Some people report they feel better, "lighter," and more focused and energetic during and after detox diets. This may be due to their belief that they are doing something good for their body. But it may also be due to not eating much — if anything — for more than several days. Calorie restriction can lead to heightened feelings of psychological well-being.

Wow, if that's your idea of irrefutable evidence, then I'm going to quit taking much of what you say seriously.

This may be due...But it may also be due...Calorie restriction can lead to heightened feelings

Anorexics must be exuberant. :D

As for Dr. Love. I'm not giving the fast credit for how I felt weeks later, I'm giving the fast credit for how I felt the second morning and the morning after I ended it. My eyes seem clearer, my skin feels better, my wife mentions that I look better.

Pork chop's post had to do with the weight loss properties of this fad diet, as did most of my response. Fasting is not a healthy or effective way to lose weight and keep it off.

As to how you feel after you do this "cleanse" I'm not going to argue about that. What I will say is that I would bet heavily that the results you claim could not be reproduced in a controlled scientific study. And I will absolutely guarantee that even if this no-eating-drinking-some-hippie-concoction ritual were shown to produce some health benefit, the true mode of effectiveness would have nothing to do with "flushing toxins".

Honestly, I find it humorous how hard you guys are fighting against this. Again, eat 3 freaking pizzas a day for all I care. You're not going to get an argument from me that fasting is better than just eating healthy and working out, 'cause it's not.

Well, I think most of us are "fighting against this" because this fad diet has little data supporting its safety or its efficacy. A sensible diet and exercise regiment has been proven time and time again to be safe and effective - a fact that you are not disputing. Given that this fasting ritual is riskier and less likely to produce lasting weight loss results than the traditional diet and exercise regiment, I think the better question is why are you fighting so hard for fasting?

I think the better question is why are you fighting so hard for fasting?

I didn't come in guns-a-blazing that everyone should do it. Somebody asked about people's experience with a specific cleanse and got a whole lot of negative responses from people who'd read about, but not actually experienced it.

While I did not have specific experience with that cleanse, I have had repeated positive results from another so I chose to share it. I haven't "fought hard for fasting", I've fought hard telling people that I'm likely a better judge as to how I feel than they are. That has been the crux of this argument. Me saying I've done this and like the results and everyone else saying, "You're wrong, it's all a hoax." Then me saying, "How the hell do you know what does and doesn't work for me. All I know is that I do this and then I feel good." Then you guys say, "You're wrong, it's all in your head."

That seems a whole lot less like "fighting so hard for fasting" and more like getting irritated at a bunch of unqualified people who've never even met you telling you what is going on in your own body.

Here's a thought: Just like the Mayo clinic post that Ouija used as the end all be all argument against fasting. You know the one where the guy went out on that limb saying it may be due to this or may be due to that. Why would a doctor go out on a limb and advocate a fast. It may be a fine thing for an otherwise healthy person trying to really clean out. However, if some obese dude with adult onset diabetes gets the wild idea to all of a sudden stop eating and drink nothing but lemon juice and maple syrup, no doctor in the world wants to be the guy who says, "Sounds great, give it a whirl". So, like everyone else, they err on the side of caution. "Eat more veggies and get some exercise". Which, of course, is a fine idea.