[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another reason for regulating who can be parents

Puddy

Father charged with burning baby in microwave

By Reuters

Friday May 18, 03:11 PM

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A teenage father has been indicted in Texas on charges he burned his 2-month-old daughter in a hotel microwave oven, a prosecutor said on Thursday.

Joshua Mauldin, 19, who was visiting Galveston, Texas, from Arkansas with family members, was indicted by a grand jury on one charge of felony injury to a child, said Assistant District Attorney Xochitl Vandiver.

The charge carries a prison sentence of five to 99 years, Vandiver said. Mauldin was being held in the county jail in Galveston, on $250,000 bond, a jail spokesman said.

The baby girl was hospitalized with burns on her face and one hand, according to television and newspaper reports.

"Her injuries are pretty significant," said Vandiver, who prosecutes child-abuse charges. She called the case, "unusual and horrific. I've never seen anything like it."

Mauldin initially told police the baby was burned when he stumbled and spilled hot water on her, according to the Houston Chronicle. Later, he said he placed the baby into the microwave oven because he was under stress, the newspaper said.

I don't often get really angry reading the news, but stories like this do the job. Any chance we can bring back the gallows for guys like this?

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 :D

I don't often get really angry reading the news, but stories like this do the job. Any chance we can bring back the gallows for guys like this?

There is no rehabilitation for this, there is only retribution. This should be a capital crime, without question, without appeal and without delay.

Later, he said he placed the baby into the microwave oven because he was under stress, the newspaper said.

Everyone has been through stress, what the hell was he going through that made him do this? I don't believe that anything could warrant something this sick and twisted

Everyone has been through stress, what the hell was he going through that made him do this? I don't believe that anything could warrant something this sick and twisted

Yeah..this guy deserves to be put in a giant microwave and showed what the kid went through cept they should let him cook til he is well done.

this guy deserves to be put in a giant microwave and showed what the kid went through cept they should let him cook til he is well done.

Agreed.

That kids brains are SCRAMBLED.

This does happen from time to time however, I have read about it before. Kid was stressin, some liberal judge will give him 90 days and some counseling.

I think we need to being back the noose for crimes against children. If you could hang a guy for stealing a horse, why nor for nukin or rapin a child?

That kids brains are SCRAMBLED.

This does happen from time to time however, I have read about it before. Kid was stressin, some liberal judge will give him 90 days and some counseling.

I think we need to being back the noose for crimes against children. If you could hang a guy for stealing a horse, why nor for nukin or rapin a child?

Jebus, can we have a discussion without some momo bashing liberals???

Jebus, can we have a discussion without some momo bashing liberals???

Uh, did you see who posted it? I'm guessing the answer to yourr Q is 'no'....

They tend to be the root of all that is wrong with the world today.

man that is nuts :D

all that money going into abstinence education is working in TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... i see .

Whatever. The guy is from Arkansas. Rest assured, the guy will get taken care of proper like in Texas.

man that is nuts :D

all that money going into abstinence education is working in TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... i see .

Can't you read? He was from Arkansas, the Microwave was from Texas.....haven't you heard "microwaves don't kill babies, people kill babies"

What the hell is your beef with Texas anyway. You need to come spend a week with me in Austin (maybe we can run down Willie and his bus) I will change your mind, or at least get you to put an *

Can't you read? He was from Arkansas, the Microwave was from Texas.....haven't you heard "microwaves don't kill babies, people kill babies"

What the hell is your beef with Texas anyway. You need to come spend a week with me in Austin (maybe we can run down Willie and his bus) I will change your mind, or at least get you to put an *

Technically Austin is way too cool for the rest of Texas...

They tend to be the root of all that is wrong with the world today.

I really hate the ones that repeatidly violate the drug laws, but the liberal establishment just turns thier head, and lets them keep there mid day M to F talk show