[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apocalypto

Flip_Side

I'm sure theres been a thread on this movie but I wanna hear about it. Thinking about renting it, heard it was good if you can bear with the subtitles. Is it worth spending 5 bucks on to rent?

I just purchased on Blu-ray...I'm a hugh fan of this movie....

you'd be puzzled as to what the plot is like and what they could possibly come up with...

but the way Gibson directed this movie was outstanding....

I won't argue with anyone who wants to boycott his movies due to his asinine remarks, but I won't deprive myself of pure entertainment because someone is a jackarse...

but that's just me...

• 1 year later...

:wacko: I thought this movie was awesome. I caught it on a movie channel yesterday, and my son and I were glued to our seats. I had always wanted to rent it, but just never got around to.

Graphic, intense, brutal, gripping, and raw. Just basic, raw survival. There's really not too many subtitles to follow, so that shouldn't scare folks away. Most likely, the women won't enjoy it, but if you've got the house to yourself for a few hours, it's worth a look.

I will be purchasing this blu-ray.

I think this is an awesome movie and I have seen it no less than 8 times (TV here on my desk while I work).

I totally feel related to Jaguar Paw all except for all the physical activity, living in a forest and fighting Aztec bad guys. I have stood in a river and yelled though.

This movie is so good you don't even realize it's subtitled. I thought it was very good - honestly, no matter what you think of Mel, he's one hell of a movie maker.

Really, if you look at it, his three major films - Braveheart, The Passion of the Christ and Apocalypto are 3 ways of facing aggression - fighting it, surrender, or fleeing.

own it on blu-ray as well. it is just an amazing looking film in high definition. colors are amazing.

mel can grip you, no doubt. there certainly was fleeing in this movie, but the end took things more into rambo territory. great flick.

Really, if you look at it, his three major films - Braveheart, The Passion of the Christ and Apocalypto are 3 ways of facing aggression - fighting it, surrender, or fleeing.

Surely a happy accident rather than any intent.

I'll agree with the sentiments of others here and also say it was a very good movie. I wouldn't watch it with small children though. Very graphic.

I'll agree with the sentiments of others here and also say it was a very good movie. I wouldn't watch it with small children though. Very graphic.

Wife had to leave the room and wouldn't return.

I thought it was ok.

Very interesting point. I guess too when I say Mel is a very good movie maker, these three movies are what I'm referring to. Can't say the Patriot did much for me.

Can't say the Patriot did much for me.

The Patriot wasn't written or directed by him; I don't think he produced it either. Not a "Mel Gibson" movie. Plus it's a total piece of crap.

Mel DID direct the solid Man Without A Face but that doesn't fit into my thesis so I ignored it. :wacko:

The Patriot wasn't written or directed by him; I don't think he produced it either. Not a "Mel Gibson" movie. Plus it's a total piece of crap.

Mel DID direct the solid Man Without A Face but that doesn't fit into my thesis so I ignored it. :wacko:

Agreed, solid flick but not as great as the 'big 3'.

the scene where he leaves his daughter on the beach to return to the fight always chokes me up.

and, uh, heath ledger dies in the flick.