[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bonds record breaking HR pool

whomper

Im a little drunk so I cant flesh out the particulars but I was thinking tonight maybe we can have a small cash pool guessing the game that Bonds breaks the HR record. We can possibly go price as right style closest guess before the actual game wins or obviously whoever guesses the actual game wins. If he gets hurt and goes on the dl all bets are void..Maybe we limit the pool to 20 people but I have no idea how to decide which 20..Lets kick this around a little bit. Maybe 10 bucks each..I get 1 spot since I initiated the idea..What do you guys think ?

Edited by whomper

Is this to bet on how many steroids he takes prior to that game?

I'm not a Bonds fan by any means, but show me that he has been proven guilty by MLB or FBI or Mr. Mitchell or Mr. Selig--?

I'm not a Bonds fan by any means, but show me that he has been proven guilty by MLB or FBI or Mr. Mitchell or Mr. Selig--?

Have you seen the size of his melon? Maybe not proven, but there really is little doubt.

Again, no proof---big melon yes.

I know you are still going to say no proof but

and as far as the pool I guess we will scrap it..None of us would have had to actually root for bonds to pick the game he possinly hits the HR in but I see your points

I know you are still going to say no proof but

and as far as the pool I guess we will scrap it..None of us would have had to actually root for bonds to pick the game he possinly hits the HR in but I see your points

The older I get, the more muscle I obtain. It's a miracle.

:D

Have you seen the size of his melon? Maybe not proven, but there really is little doubt.

And he's gone up several shoe sizes since he first started playing. I don't know about the rest of you, but my feet stopped growing when I was about 17 or 18.

Again, :D ... it's myopic "baseball fans" like you that will continue to perpetuate the problems with the sport. I have some oceanfront property in Nevada you may be interested in. :tup:

QUOTE(Dbaxx @ 6/1/07 10:34pm)

QUOTE(Puddy @ 6/1/07 10:52pm)

And he's gone up several shoe sizes since he first started playing. I don't know about the rest of you, but my feet stopped growing when I was about 17 or 18.

QUOTE(Dbaxx @ 6/1/07 11:47pm)

Again, ... it's myopic "baseball fans" like you that will continue to perpetuate the problems with the sport. I have some oceanfront property in Nevada you may be interested in.

Exactly. from 1986-1999, Bonds lifetime avg. is .288, HR avg. is 32, slugging avg. is .559. BUT WAIT, we didn't know the best was to come. Athletes IMPROVE when they age. bonds adds another 40 lbs. of "beef" to his frame. And the missing part of the equation; consistent power is added. Yes, I understand he has the hand-eye coordination but he lacked consistent power to produce HRs.

Or is Bonds the first of a new breed of future athletes who don't peak until their mid-30s??

Edited by boat_hacked

Or is Bonds the first of a new breed of future athletes who don't peak until their mid-30s??

Again, no proof but if you want to start looking at the #1 HR king of all time, Hank Aaron in his mid 30's, not to mention his later 30's, he did pretty dang good:

Hanks age, Year and Hr's:

35 Year:1969 44

36 Year:1970 38

37 Year:1971 47

38 Year:1972 34

39 Year:1973 40

40 Year:1974 20 Oh and BTW, a .293 batting average during these years! Not too shabby!

My whole point of this thread is they haven't proven Bonds guilty of roids....

Believe me, I'm not a Bonds fan--he's an arch rival of my hometown MLB team--

And no D, I'm not interested in your property--but thanks for the offer.

Again, no proof but if you want to start looking at the #1 HR king of all time, Hank Aaron in his mid 30's, not to mention his later 30's, he did pretty dang good:

Hanks age, Year and Hr's:

35 Year:1969 44

36 Year:1970 38

37 Year:1971 47

38 Year:1972 34

39 Year:1973 40

40 Year:1974 20 Oh and BTW, a .293 batting average during these years! Not too shabby!

Dbaxx- and my point is athletes don't make vast improvements in the twilight of their careers.

Look at Hank's first 8 years- 253 HRs 31.6 avg HR

last 8 years- 245 HRs 30.6 avg HR

Bond's first 8 years-222 HRs 27.75 avg HR

last 8 years- 323 HRs 40.38 avg HR

You look at hank's numbers you see consistency, Bond's improvement didn't really happen until age 35 and later. Just about the time he started taking flaxseed oil or some other health supplement :D

I hate Bonds as much of the rest of you, but I fail to see why we should let that keep us from mindless gambling. Easy enough. $10 per, you only get one guess. Guess is game and inning (that way we could have 100 participants if that may wanted in). Under beats over, but right day always bets wrong day. So If it happens in the 3rd inning of game X, and nobody guessed the 3rd inning, but someone guessed the 2nd and someone guessed the 4th, then the person guessing the 2nd inning wins. If it happens in the 1st inning of game X, but nobody guess the 1st inning, but someone guessed the 5th inning of game X and someone guessed the 9th inning of game X-1, then the person guessing 5th inning of game X wins. You can guess the 10th inning if you want. You can also guess not this year. Everyone who wants in signs up and pays, then we have a dice roll to select the order of your guess.

That cover it?