[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking For A-Rod Pic

Easy n Dirty

After that episode in the playoffs two or three years ago, when A-Rod was called out for slapping the ball out of the pitcher's glove, there was a PhotoShop pic floating around the web of A-Rod running down the first base line with a pocketbook on his wrist. In light of the incident in last night's game, where it appears that A-Rod may have gone bush league again, I'm looking for a copy of that old PhotoShop pic but cannot locate it anywhere. Any help here?

After that episode in the playoffs two or three years ago, when A-Rod was called out for slapping the ball out of the pitcher's glove, there was a PhotoShop pic floating around the web of A-Rod running down the first base line with a pocketbook on his wrist. In light of the incident in last night's game, where it appears that A-Rod may have gone bush league again, I'm looking for a copy of that old PhotoShop pic but cannot locate it anywhere. Any help here?

http://www.larrythelizard.com/images/sox/ArodPurse.jpg

http://images.google.com is a nice resource.

Also, missed last night's game... he went Bush league AGAIN? I seem to remember he pulled off a pretty Bush league slide into 2nd last week, too.

Yeah there was a pop up to third base that if caught would have been the third out of the inning and the score would've been 6-5 Yanks. However, before anyone could catch the ball A-Rod had rounded 2nd and on the way to third supposedly said I got it as he passed by the infielder and therefore the Blue Jay 3rd baseman/shortstop can't remember who moved out of the way and the ball hit the ground. Matsui scored on the play and then an additional 3 runs scored that inning as well and the game was basically over.

Sorry about not having a pic.

Edited by irish

How is that bush league? Big flippin' deal. Baseball players are a bunch of whining Rosie O'Donnell. I hate baseball, and the Yanks, and A-Rod, but what's wrong with getting the upper hand on your opponents?

Not saying it was or wasn't just filling D3 in. I actually found it pretty funny, just because it reminded me of something you'd see on those blooper tapes. I think I even saw A-Rod crack a smile last night after the incident.

Not saying it was or wasn't just filling D3 in. I actually found it pretty funny, just because it reminded me of something you'd see on those blooper tapes. I think I even saw A-Rod crack a smile last night after the incident.

My post wasn't really directed at anyone. Just heard a lot about it being Bush League on the radio etc, and don't agree.

Yeah there was a pop up to third base that if caught would have been the third out of the inning and the score would've been 6-5 Yanks. However, before anyone could catch the ball A-Rod had rounded 2nd and on the way to third supposedly said I got it as he passed by the infielder and therefore the Blue Jay 3rd baseman/shortstop can't remember who moved out of the way and the ball hit the ground. Matsui scored on the play and then an additional 3 runs scored that inning as well and the game was basically over.

Sorry about not having a pic.

chit, that's not bush league, that's one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Thanks for the pic darin.

I'm really not sure what the protocol is in MLB regarding a play like that, but it seems that pretty much everyone agrees that it would be a bush league play. Certainly the Blue Jays' manager and third baseman thought so, and in his post-game comments A-Rod himself said something along the lines of "No, I didn't say that, I would never do that", more or less acknowledging that to do so would be bush league.

Blue Jays contend that A-Rod screamed "Mine!" as he ran by, while A-Rod says he simply yelled "Ha!". :D

Thanks for the pic darin.

I'm really not sure what the protocol is in MLB regarding a play like that, but it seems that pretty much everyone agrees that it would be a bush league play. Certainly the Blue Jays' manager and third baseman thought so, and in his post-game comments A-Rod himself said something along the lines of "No, I didn't say that, I would never do that", more or less acknowledging that to do so would be bush league.

Blue Jays contend that A-Rod screamed "Mine!" as he ran by, while A-Rod says he simply yelled "Ha!". :D

So what? They are professionals.

And I thought this thread was about the muscle bitches he's been cavorting with.

Edited by godtomsatan

A-Rod commented that guys yell sh*t at him 3 times per game on average, so, even if he's exaggerating, it's probably not that uncommon. The Blue Jays are just p*ssed because they look like a bunch of momos and dropped the ball.

It's not bush league, it's baseball! A-Rod may not be everyone's favorite, even the "purse move" shows he has a drive to win, even with a purse, he still knocked the ball out of the pitchers glove... In the field I was taught and teach my players to "pop" their glove when a line drive goes by, it usually doesn't work, but when it does you can save a base when the runner holds thinking you caught the ball. Is that bush??

My inclination is to say, "deal with it and make the freaking catch" as well. However, the last batch of talk I heard on it sort of swayed me. For starters, others in the league not involved with the game thought it is rather bush to do that. Apparently Luiz Gonzales said flat out, "It is not at all common."

More importantly, someone brought up a rather interesting angle. Unlike all the other head games this has potentially dangerous consequences, guys call each other off of balls as a matter of safety. Thus, faking that may be crossing the line as it might undermine the effectiveness of that. Thus, it might be a line that most agree not to cross and subject to discipline from other players (read: he gets dotted with a pitch sometime soon).

Assuming that this type of thing isn't all that common, as it has been implied by several big league players, dude has developed a habit of being rather cheap. From the ball swipe in the ALCS, to raising his cleat while trying to break up a double play (or something like that, I forget exactly what happened), to this.

That seems like a sort of lame tactic for an otherwise great talent to take.

More importantly, someone brought up a rather interesting angle. Unlike all the other head games this has potentially dangerous consequences, guys call each other off of balls as a matter of safety. Thus, faking that may be crossing the line as it might undermine the effectiveness of that. Thus, it might be a line that most agree not to cross and subject to discipline from other players (read: he gets dotted with a pitch sometime soon).

Good Lord, these are grown men, professional athletes, and that's a consideration? Way gay. Not directed at you detlef, just my general opinion on the matter.

As much as Arod is a tool. This is no different than the myriad of other mind games that baseball players play on each other. So this particular act, I can't sondemn

The big difference though is that Arod twice now has been shown to have been totally bush league

1) the pocketbook incident

2) the sliding into 2nd last week with a non baseball move

both of these acts infringe the rules of baseball, and are weak.

So for this to now be called against him is no real surprise, and merited from past action rather than for actual infringement.

How can someone that talented have managed to turn the whole country, including Yankee fans, against him?

As much as Arod is a tool. This is no different than the myriad of other mind games that baseball players play on each other. So this particular act, I can't sondemn

The big difference though is that Arod twice now has been shown to have been totally bush league

1) the pocketbook incident

2) the sliding into 2nd last week with a non baseball move

both of these acts infringe the rules of baseball, and are weak.

So for this to now be called against him is no real surprise, and merited from past action rather than for actual infringement.

How can someone that talented have managed to turn the whole country, including Yankee fans, against him?

hey, life is tough when you are The Most Exciting Player In The Game. :D

I played baseball in college and this stuff happens all the time. I find it hard to believe that other players are acting like this. The media is making a big deal out of it, of course, because its A-Rod. If it was anyone else we wouldnt be hearing about this at all.

It happens in other sports all the time as well. In hockey guys yell for passes all the time that arent on your team, basketball as well. The only sport I can think of that has a rule against any verbal fake outs is football, no simulating a hike on the defensive line, but other than that I cant think of any others.

I think it was a good play by an a$$. Thats the story.

I played baseball in college and this stuff happens all the time. I find it hard to believe that other players are acting like this. The media is making a big deal out of it, of course, because its A-Rod. If it was anyone else we wouldnt be hearing about this at all.

It happens in other sports all the time as well. In hockey guys yell for passes all the time that arent on your team, basketball as well. The only sport I can think of that has a rule against any verbal fake outs is football, no simulating a hike on the defensive line, but other than that I cant think of any others.

I think it was a good play by an a$$. Thats the story.

In most if not all pick-up basketball games that I've played in, calling for a pass when the other team has the ball is absolutely bush league.

In most if not all pick-up basketball games that I've played in, calling for a pass when the other team has the ball is absolutely bush league.

Played through high school, and then old man leagues, guys yell for the ball all the time. I dont consider it bush league, it happens. Not sure what pick up games you're in, but it seems a bit sensative to call it bush league. Might just be me.

It may not be very common, but how is that different from the old hidden ball trick after a huddle at the mound, or a middle infielder faking that the ball went over his head and into the outfield on a steal of 2nd base? In each instance, you are trying to fake out your opponent to gain an advantage (an out, an extra base, a run, etc.) I view it as a pretty desperate attempt on A-Rod's part, that just happened to work. It's probably uncommon because most guys realize that they would look/sound like a complete tool if they yelled it and it didn't work.

Sounds as though EnD has had some pretty bad jokes played on him in the past. What A-Rod did was not Bush-League. As many have already stated, stuff like this goes on all time and the BJ's are just pissed cause they lost and looked like a bunch of dopes doing it.

This story should be a non-issue, let's move on. :D