[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Verizon is hands down the most F'd Up company ever

keggerz

:D

this is gonna be a good one once i get off the phone with a supv from residential since the biz office is closed and there isnt a single Fn person that can help a Biz customer out :D

Issue #1 :D

Issue #2 :tup:

Issue #3 :doh:

Issue #4 :D

will be back to fill in the "rants"

Edited by keggerz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we had a family plan with them on our cell phones and they messed up one month and charged us over 400 bucks when we were only supposed to be charged about 160....

we called them up and they refused to cave without giving us reason (this is strange)...it was back around 1999...

needless to say they threw the bill on our credit report and refused to settle a 2300.00 bill....well, they came down to 2000 even when they screwed us to begin with...

this was the most bizarre situation I've ever been involved with and we ended up having to pay 2000.00 for pretty much their screw-up...

I am never getting a cell phone with them ever again...

thanks for posting this and allowing me to :D

earlier this year we moved out of our brooklyn apartment. we had verizon phone and DSL. my sister was moving into our place, so i asked verizon if i could just put our account in my sister's name, saving her from having to pay connection fees, modem fees, etc. they said sure. the rep took my sister's info and said she'd call my sister. my sister never heard from them. the phone gets disconnected, and later, the internet stops working. my sister calls them, tells them verizon was supposed to call her, the rep says, "no, you're mistaken, we NEVER call anyone, you have to call us." then he says my account was canceled. so she sets up a new account, but on her bill they continue charging her for our old account. it took her a half-dozen calls to umpteen different departments over the course of about three months to finally get her money back. they're morons over there.

earlier this year we moved out of our brooklyn apartment. we had verizon phone and DSL. my sister was moving into our place, so i asked verizon if i could just put our account in my sister's name, saving her from having to pay connection fees, modem fees, etc. they said sure. the rep took my sister's info and said she'd call my sister. my sister never heard from them. the phone gets disconnected, and later, the internet stops working. my sister calls them, tells them verizon was supposed to call her, the rep says, "no, you're mistaken, we NEVER call anyone, you have to call us." then he says my account was canceled. so she sets up a new account, but on her bill they continue charging her for our old account. it took her a half-dozen calls to umpteen different departments over the course of about three months to finally get her money back. they're morons over there.

you spelled it wrong.

It'd be hard to frak up a DSL account more than they have for me. They suddenly started charging me about triple my normal bill for all these extra BS services I didn't order (online storage space etc) and they have the phone menu from hell.....then when you finally DO get someone, they can't help you and tell you to call another #.

..|.. to this POS company.

You are only as good as the network you are on...

as an aside... I was forced to drop direct tv - no more sunday ticker :D

I got an hd cable box with dvr, three additional digital cable boxes, 6 cable phone jacks put in my house (unlimited calling/long distance) and cable internet (12.5 mgs/sec) and its costing my $114 a month... $65 savings on average... happy happy happy

You are only as good as the network you are on...

as an aside... I was forced to drop direct tv - no more sunday ticker :D

I got an hd cable box with dvr, three additional digital cable boxes, 6 cable phone jacks put in my house (unlimited calling/long distance) and cable internet (12.5 mgs/sec) and its costing my $114 a month... $65 savings on average... happy happy happy

I live in Philly...so Direct TV is an option...if you don't like sports...

the debil...I mean Comcast is the only option here...

Sorry for your troubles keg.

I've had Verizon for years and never had any problems.

Matter of fact, they took charges off my account right away that they could have stuck me with.

We didn't have texting for my daughter and she ran up 120 extra on a bill' I called to add texting to her line and groused about her and the lady backdated it so I only had to pay the $10 mnthly fee

:tup: I got thru to a live person :doh:

:D but wait she says: "Excuse me Mr. Keg but we are having a fire drill or something I will have to call you back" :D

:tup: I got thru to a live person :doh:

:D but wait she says: "Excuse me Mr. Keg but we are having a fire drill or something I will have to call you back" :D

DOH.... You called NSab didn't you and now look what you have caused.

On an aside, my phone is through Verizon (through my MIL's company). Other than billing errors, which seem to come up a few times a year, I can't complain. Of course, I no longer have to deal with them directly, but so far they have been pretty good with correcting the billing errors.

Now, Cellular One when they were around is a completely different story. Granted, I put them in their place, but it was because I was persistent and din't hang up when the beeotchy CSR put me on hold for 40 minutes...so then I was beyond livid when I got through to a manager, and in 15 seconds he says, oh look, here in the notes of your account is exactly what you have been telling us all along for the last two hours. I so wanted to strangle someone after that.

Issue #1

I call Verizon Business at the end of April to schedule to have phone service and DSL turned on for the NEW STORE...They proceed to tell me that the earliest they can get it on is May 21st(1st off are you kidding me? 3 Weeks to turn on a phone and DSL)...so the 21st comes and there are 2 techs here to take care of it...after they waste around an hour trying to figure out where the box is for them to do whatever it is they have to do they basically give up and say it must be in that room there and nobody has a key for it....i then ask what is this phone line here that has been cut and is hanging out of a ceiling tile...they check it out and BINGO that is my line :D so then they say ok you are all set...I say wait a minute you guys are supposed to install a jack too...he says NO that isnt on the order....luckily he was a nice enough guy and he installed the jack for me...so that is issue number 1(not so bad just frustrating)

A bit of info prior to getting to Issue #2...When I ordered the new service I asked if it was possible to have my orginal number(STORE #1) transfered to STORE #2 and have the new number transfered to STORE #1....the rep said it could be done(she checked to make sure I could carry the number with me)...but she said you should let the service get up and running and then call back and ask them to do the swap...she said that would be less confusing and they wouldnt screw it up that way....

Issue #2

I call 2 days after my new service is up and running to ask to have the numbers transfered. They say ok no problem the numbers will be transfered(swapped) by tomm at noon...well guess what at 12 noon the next day IT WORKED :clap: but then 2 days later I try to call STORE #1 and get a "Sorry that number has been disconnected" recording...i was like W.T.H. ...i then call one of my employees on their cell phone and ask if they have dial tone...they check and they do...i ask them to call me from the store phone so I can see what comes up on Caller ID...well for some reason STORE #1 now has a DIFFERENT new # again W.T.H.....so I call into the Verizon Business # and after about 20mins get thru to a live person....but that live person puts me on hold after taking all of my info and after about 10-15mins on hold POOF GONE DISCONNECTED....so I call back in and again after about 20mins get to a live person...he then puts me on hold(my phone has an elapsed timer on it for calls...at the 46min mark the hold music is gone...wait 5 more minutes still no hold music...so i then call in on my cell(i didnt hang up from the guy that was helping me(use that word help loosely)....i get to a live person on my cell phone and tell her someone had me on hold and the music went away and I dont know if i am still on hold or not...just as she started to talk he came back on....i excused myself from her and said he is back and hung up the cell phone...just as I did that I said yes sir and POOF GONE DISCONNECTED :D i now have to call back again and it again takes over 20mins to get to a live person...at that point i ask for a supv....of course they dont want to do that but I insist....i get a lady who helps with the issue ...how does she help? She reads the guys notes and says that he was about to tell me he fixed the issue but I hung up on him. :tup: I said I am sorry but i didnt hang up...i heard him and then he was gone....anyway she then goes on to tell me that the problem is that the original NEW NUMBER that they gave me that was then transferred to the old store wasnt a Verizon number and that to fix it the other guy that was helping me had to change that number....I said but thats not correct because that number was 555-2222 when I called in about the problem so how could he have fixed the problem by changing the number to 555-2222 if it had already been changed to that, and I know because I had my store call me and the 555-2222 came up on my caller ID...but she insisted that he fixed the problem...well he nor she really fixed the problem they just insisted that I couldnt keep 555-1111 because it wasnt a Verizon number(good thing I hadnt finalized my advertising with that number in it yet)...so I accepted that the new number now had to be 555-2222...wasnt happy that i was being told that i was wrong and stuff but hey the phone is working and I guess thats a good thing

Issue #3

2 days ago(June 6th) an employee from STORE #1 calls my cell phone :clap: I wonder why she isnt calling me on the store phone when she knows that I am at STORE #2....employee "Keg do you know that your store phone is disconnected"...ME :doh: NO I didnt know that...i pick it up and there is dial tone :clap: so I then proceed to call my cell phone to see what the caller ID says...guess what number shows up 555-1111 :D in case that number looks familiar it should since it was the 1st new # that was then transfered to STORE #1 and then mysteriously changed to 555-2222 because 555-1111 wasnt a verizon number....but now my advertising has been distributed and our season is basically off and running....I call in to Verizon Business AGAIN and AGAIN it takes approx 20mins to get to a live person...by the way if you use profanity(i said "horse sh1t") they will disconnect the call...guess what i apologized and didnt say another bad word...but then the call still got disconnected...call back in and finally fight my way thru to a SUPV again..this time she says that there was a disconnect order put in back on 5/30....I was like W.T.H..I didnt ask for a disconnect and she couldnt answer why one was in the system so what did she do(after about an hour of trying to figure out the issue) she puts in a request to "kill" the disconnect order(that shouldnt have been placed in the 1st place)...again she cant tell me why just that it happened....she then said everything should be fine momentarily....well she was right the correct number was up and working at STORE #2(but something deep down inside of my gut said something else was gonna get Fd up)

Issue #4

My gut was right...there was another problem and it reared its ugly head yesterday...I tried to call STORE #1 but to my dismay i hear "we are sorry 555-2222 has been changed to an unpublished number" ....ARE YOU Fn KIDDING ME....I didnt ask for any of my numbers to be changed to an unpublished number...but its like 5 of 5 and by the time i get thru to a live person its after 5(biz office closes at 5)...but I had a live person unfortunately for me they were in residential and somehow my call got routed to them and they said they couldnt help me...asked for a supv...they said they couldnt help me....got told not to use profanity(horse sh1t was the word and only profanity i ever used)again...in the end i IMd SARGE and he gave me a couple of numbers to try....can you believe that a company as large as VERIZON just says everyone go home on the business side if one of our customers has a problem they can call back in th morning?....one got me thru to a lady in BIG BUSINESS....she helped but couldnt fix the problem last nite...she ended up putting in a ticket and said it would be fixed by noon today....guess what it wasnt fixed by NOON...it isnt even fixed at this time as I type....i have been on the phone with Verizon basically since about 11:00 am this morning....when I first called in and got a live person I told her that she couldnt help me and that I needed to speak to not a SUPV, not the DIRECTOR(next level above SUPV), not the DIRECTOR, not the MANAGER(level above the DIRECTOR) but the OPERATIONS MANAGER(supposedly the highest level I could get to)...but I also was able to obtain th PRESIDENTIAL COMPLAINT NUMBER TOO(800-483-7988)...well that 1st live person that I got put me on hold to try and put me in touch with an OPS MANAGER(which she said she didnt know if there was anyone with that title)...after about 10mins on hold she comes back and says...."MR KEG, they are evacuating the building for a fire drill or something what number can I call you back at"....i give her that number....i wait about an hour and no call back...so I call back in....i get a live person and ask how long have they been back from their fire drill...she said about 15minutes...guess I wasnt going to get that call back....anyway i tell this lady that I want an OPS MANAGER and she says just a moment while I transfer you, when I put you thru press #2 in the options...i say ok thanks.....i do that and it disconnects me :D so now I call back in on the PRESIDENTIAL COMPLAINT LINE...i get YOLANDA who I have now been on the phone with for about 2 1/2 hours with...yolanda gave me her 1st and last name as well as her direct phone number as well as her bosses name and direct number as well as her bosses bosses name....yolanda has been the only competent person i have talked to at verizon yet she still doesnt have the issue fixed....she asked to put me on hold and i said OK then about 10mins later my call waiting beeps...i answer and its yolanda....i ask who i am speaking with and she says my name is yolanda from verizon...i say Yolanda its me Keg,....do you still have me on hold on the other line...she says oh my....i say what? she says I just called 555-2222 to see if they have it working at STORE #1 for you yet....but you answered it at STORE #2....so i quickly grab my cell and call the number that was working for STORE #2 at the start of the day and now that number is also disconnected ....now we are in real time and I am still on hold with yolanda(her boss did come on and speak to me for about 20 mins and said they were going to get this fixed)...to be continued(oh and I have not used any profanity(horse sh1t) with Yolanda or her boss

oh and just an extra tidbit for fun....back in sept of 2005 i wound up not being able to access my bill online for viewing or payments....i called numerous times and it was never fixed....in MARCH of 2006 I called in and a person put in a trouble ticket for it....I called back on 7/16/06 and was told it was still not fixed but a supv would return my call....well today is 6/8/07 and still no supv has ever called me back...actually i just asked yolandas boss about that trouble ticket and she looked it up and said it was closed as rectified or whatever term she used

Edited by keggerz