[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Soprano's

isleseeya

Just got the below from a friend ...it appears to be pretty accurate and would make sense ...pretty amazing as well

So I am passing it on :

> He was killed....

>

> in fact, the ending was genius if you've paid attention to the show or

> are just a fan of well developed well thought out plots that all tie

> together and have the memory of a champ to remember it all the ending

> was simple, he got killed, but let me tell yall why and explain in

> detail... There was 3 people in the room total who had a reason to

> kill tony.....

>

> the two black guys, they were paid before to kill tony but he was only

> shot in the ear, this was in one of the earlier seasons, also in the

> earlier seasons, the trucker who was sitting at the bar stool, who the

> camera kept focusing in on, is Nikki leotardo, Phil Leotardos nephew,

> he was in one of the early season episodes where Phil and Tony have a

> sit down....

>

> heres where the genius comes in....

>

> When tonys walking in the diner,you see the camera focus on him, then

> it switches to his perspective, and you see him looking @ the booth

> hes gonna sit at...

>

> then the camera switches back to tonys face, then it once again

> switches to his perspective, and it shows him looking @ the door and

> looking @ the people come in..... Everytime the door opens the Chimes

> sound.......

>

> Carmela walks in, Chimes, AJ walks in Chimes, this when Meadows

> parallel parking, still trying to get inside the restaurant....

>

> at this point the camera switches back to the trucker who goes in the

> bathroom......

>

> Then it goes to a scene where meadow finally parks and starts running

> in the diner....

>

> the doors about to open, Tony looks up....

>

> and No Chimes......................

>

> no Music............

>

> verything just goes black...............

>

> n one of the early episodes of the sopranos, tonys talking with bobby

> bout what it must feel like to die..

>

> Bobby says "at the end, you probably dont hear anything, everything

> just goes black"

>

> part of that was revisited in the second to last episode during the

> last seconds of it, when tonys about to go to sleep and he flashes

> back to the memory of him and bobby on the boat... "You probably dont

> hear anything everything just goes black"

>

> so in the end, the Journey song was playing, the chimes on the door

> sounded but when meadow came in, the guy in the trucker hat came out

> and killed tony...

>

> its the reason you aint hear, or see sh!t when he died.... it was from

> his perspective.... and everything went black, then the credits

rolled.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope nobody TIVO'd it with the intention of watching it tonight (and had deliberately avoided the other Sopranos).

That would stink ..and I did not want to intentionally ruin it for anyone ..my sincerest apology big time if I screwed this up for anybody

That would stink ..and I did not want to intentionally ruin it for anyone ..my sincerest apology big time if I screwed this up for anybody

I'm betting you pissed off the wrong people and now have a "everything just goes black" experience ahead of you. :D

#1 : One of the two black guys hired to kill Tony had a hole blown in his head by his buddy as Tony held him in a headlock.

#2 : Why didn't Tony recognize Phil's cousin if they had interacted in the past?

Pt 1 could be correct

But pt 2 , its possible he did not recognize him as he looked different and it was not like tony was staring intently at him

I passed this on but again nothing definite as u don't see tony get killed ont the screen...I do believe it is interesting

Nope, people are defintely thinking too much about this. Life goes on and that's all there is to it. Sorry for all you folks that wanted Tony to die, but it just didn't happen.

Nope, people are defintely thinking too much about this. Life goes on and that's all there is to it. Sorry for all you folks that wanted Tony to die, but it just didn't happen.

I'm in this camp. If they whacked him they would have made it simple for us simple minds. No way that you would have to fish at the plot like that when it comes to this story. JMHO

I'm in this camp. If they whacked him they would have made it simple for us simple minds. No way that you would have to fish at the plot like that when it comes to this story. JMHO

Yes, the scene was filled with tension as I was on the edge of my seat, expecting the onion rings to get a little movie ketchup splattered all over them. I believe they would have made it all too obvious that he got whacked.

Yes, the scene was filled with tension as I was on the edge of my seat, expecting the onion rings to get a little movie ketchup splattered all over them. I believe they would have made it all too obvious that he got whacked.

I don't know ..chase is weird that way ,..he has some artsy fartsy in him ...I mean a lot of this stuff does carry some intrigue ..the switching of camera angles to show tony's perspective , the fading to black references in prevoius episodes , etc ..but without seeing him killed on the screen its not possible to say ofcourse ...will be interesting to see if chase ever comments on this

The title of this episode was "Made in the USA" (or possibly "Made in America").

The guy in the booth (Phil's cousin) was wearing a hat that had three letters on it ... U S A ...

Now, if he killed Tony, that'd make him a "made guy".

...food for thought...

The title of this episode was "Made in the USA" (or possibly "Made in America").

The guy in the booth (Phil's cousin) was wearing a hat that had three letters on it ... U S A ...

Now, if he killed Tony, that'd make him a "made guy".

...food for thought...

meh....

The reason that this theory makes sense to me was how shockingly deliberate the fade to black was - tons of people have said that they thought the signal went out. I just can't see another reason why it would be there...

If a movie is made or they finalize a movie that would kill all theories that tony was killed I believe ...if no movie is made , then I believe its a very possible conclusion ( no guarantee ) ..I hope chase discusses or addresses this sometime in the future

If a movie is made or they finalize a movie that would kill all theories that tony was killed I believe ...if no movie is made , then I believe its a very possible conclusion ( no guarantee ) ..I hope chase discusses or addresses this sometime in the future

James Gandolfini has already said that he will not make a movie and will not reprise the role.

the theory that the members only guy was phil's cousin was debunked earlier on deadspin.com. the guy had never acted in his life. he's a pizza maker.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111...07-1360360.html

when the credits started rolling, i was imdb'ing the people in the diner, but i didn't find anyone in the database. i agree with the spirit of it though. i think the sudden blackness, as opposed to simply fading to black, is chase's idea of what the end is like... one minute, you're living your life, and the next minute, what the hell? my cable went out!

I don't watch this show, but I watched that last scene. I liked it. Especially knowing the "it all goes black" conversations, if that isn't bs and it actually happened..

There's a real pavlovian response to the whole thing.

Ding - Tony's perspective shot of wife entering

Ding - Tony's perspective shot of son and members-only guy entering

Ding - Tony's perspective shot of two black guys entering

Ding - Tony's perspective shot of being dead (black)

It leaves it wide open to interpretation, but the fact that it was such a sudden blackout and no sound seems to mean something. If the message was "life goes on", they could have faded out with music, not cut directly to black in a way that makes you jump back.

the theory that the members only guy was phil's cousin was debunked earlier on deadspin.com. the guy had never acted in his life. he's a pizza maker.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111...07-1360360.html

when the credits started rolling, i was imdb'ing the people in the diner, but i didn't find anyone in the database. i agree with the spirit of it though. i think the sudden blackness, as opposed to simply fading to black, is chase's idea of what the end is like... one minute, you're living your life, and the next minute, what the hell? my cable went out!

Well that probably kills the phil cousin theory ...still leaves some doubt with fade to black , and camera angles and flash backs

We may never know unless chase states it ...this pt show and series over , no movie likely so time to move on looks like

Another little thought (or two):

* The band playing was Journey ... Tony was getting ready to go on a journey (afterlife).

* The last words sung by Journey were "don't stop" ... a direct statement to all those who were saying "don't stop the series" ... "well f-u, we're going to stop whenever and however we want to."

* I believe the only time that we heard the chime/bell sound was when a Soprano family member entered the room ... and I believe it rang twice when Tony came in and only once for everyone else.

* The cub scout leader was counting something to his troup of kids ... he stuck up one finger, then another finger, and then, shortly after they panned away, the screen went to black...as if to signify "one, two, three, bang"...

...or maybe not...

Something tells me that David Chase is loving all of this. And, yes, I would like him to comment on what he sees as having been some of the loose ends tied up.

And, the only way a movie comes out is if it is already in the can (or, at a minimum, Gandolfini agreed to shoot whatever his scenes would be in the movie during the shooting for the last season of The Sopranos).