[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin Johnson or Roy Williams

astau

I think it will be close. Calvin may surprise and take it. I expect Johnson to get off to a quicker start as he will be singled up on the number 2 corners to start the year, who should be very diminutive and unathletic in comparison to him.

Edited by Crazysight

No brainer. Williams is a proven stud in a Martz offense. CJ hasn't even taken a snap yet, and he's playing a position that has, other than QB, the steepest learning curve in the NFL. Despite his incredible physical ability, he still should struggle at times in his rookie year.

No brainer. Williams is a proven stud in a Martz offense. CJ hasn't even taken a snap yet, and he's playing a position that has, other than QB, the steepest learning curve in the NFL. Despite his incredible physical ability, he still should struggle at times in his rookie year.

I agree...

To expand on what you were saying about the learning curve of WRs... Before Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald was known as the most NFL ready rookie receiver ever... Tell you the truth, I think the whole Calvin Johnson being the most nfl ready wr ever is nonsense... There were times last year when Johnson was shut down by lesser cb's. I think he'll be very good, maybe even great, but I don't buy into the hype.

I also don't think he comes close to putting up 58-780-8 like Fitz did his rookie year.

Just to add to the chorus: Roy will be the man. I expect CJ's stats to disappoint many FFers. Even with Martz calling the shots, the team won't be going long every play. Given that the RB and Furrey will still get a lot of underneath looks, that just limits the number of balls thrown to CJ. He will have enough plays to keep defenses honest, but not enough to be reliable for FF. Bigger NFL impact than fantasy impact.