[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rank these 5 QB's

1) V.Young Tenn

2) J.Campbell Wash

3) M.Schaub Houst

4) J.Cuttler Denv

5) T.Romo Dall

How would you rank these 5 QB's and any worth a top 8 QB pick overall. I know it's still early, but the Canadian league starting is getting me ready.......Thanks

1) V.Young Tenn

2) J.Campbell Wash

3) M.Schaub Houst

4) J.Cuttler Denv

5) T.Romo Dall

How would you rank these 5 QB's and any worth a top 8 QB pick overall. I know it's still early, but the Canadian league starting is getting me ready.......Thanks

I think they all about equal and have different upside and downsides. I don't think any are worth 1st round picks. Assuming its a 12 team, redraft (start 1 QB) these guys should all go 6th round or later maybe 10 for Campbell

My rank

1- Cutler- Downside- 2nd season. Upside- seems to be getting the offense down, looked promising in his few starts.

2- Romo- Started very hot then looked so-so otherwise, same as Cutler but has had a couple years to learn the NFL

3- Young- Down- No WRs, Up- Similar to Vick and he has been a good Fantasy QB but incositent week to week

4- Schaub- Down- Hou stinks, he has started very few games. Up- Has A. Johnson

5- Campbell- really needs to step up. I like him but hard to see, he has to play more.

I think they all about equal and have different upside and downsides. I don't think any are worth 1st round picks. Assuming its a 12 team, redraft (start 1 QB) these guys should all go 6th round or later maybe 10 for Campbell

My rank

1- Cutler- Downside- 2nd season. Upside- seems to be getting the offense down, looked promising in his few starts.

2- Romo- Started very hot then looked so-so otherwise, same as Cutler but has had a couple years to learn the NFL

3- Young- Down- No WRs, Up- Similar to Vick and he has been a good Fantasy QB but incositent week to week

5- Campbell- really needs to step up. I like him but hard to see, he has to play more.

This is a very good list.

1. Cutler--played better as the season went on, even though teams had more film on him with which to defend; plays for an offensive guru in Shanahan; has a solid rushing attack to help keep his offense more balanced; should cintinue to improve on last year's learning curve

2. Young--best athlete of the bunch; if you league rewards QBs for rushing stats, he may outperform Cutler; unproven WRs need to step up to help the passing game; should be playing from behind quite often, which may prompt more passing/scrambling from the pocket

3. Romo--opposite of Cutler in that he played worse as the season progressed, and needs to prove he can be the man; new coaching scheme could take some time to digest; TO factor could work in his favor, or as we have seen with To's past Qbs, against him;

4. Schaub--will no doubt be playing from behind in many games, artificially inflating his stats; has a playmaker in AJ on his side; playing a system new to him, which could take some time to digest; may not survive 16 games if OL is anything like prior years

5. Campbell--hard to gauge, based on his so-so performance last season; I rank him 5th, only because he is the one we know least about; plays for a coach who notoriously likes to run the ball, and not likely to air it out; will have to play two potential top-10 defenses twice each in PHL & DAL;

Cutler is the only one I'd be comfortable with as a starting QB in a 12-team league, but I would want as solid of a backup as possible as more than likely he will still be a matchup QB.

If you lose points for turnovers, Young goes way down IMO. If you get generous scoring for QB rushing, then he may be up there with Cutler.

I don't care for Romo, though he has Owens to throw to, and the other two are meh at best. Backups or parts of tandems where you look to play the best matchup each week.

My rank

I agree with this !!!

I actually like Campbell the best. He got better with each start last year, and word is he's had an amazing offseason. Plus they have a great running game.

Chaz I can sense you are a Skins fans by some of your recent posts, however ease up just a tad as Campbell is fighting off Shaub from being last on this list of 5 and dead serious nowhere near the Top of the list.

Cutler, Romo, Young, Campbell, Shaub.

1) V.Young Tenn

2) J.Campbell Wash

3) M.Schaub Houst

4) J.Cuttler Denv

5) T.Romo Dall

In 2007 I don't understand how guys can be so high on Vince Young. He lost his best rusher (Travis Henry) and will have to hope for

underachievers like fat Lendale, Fragile Chris Brown, and an unproven rook in Chris Henry to keep defenses honest. Henry was actually

below average in college. He lost his best WR too and will have to rely on an unproven 3rd year guy in Brandon Jones.

All the WRs on the team are underachievers.

The list has to be like this:

1. Tony Romo: Has the most weapons and you have to consider last season his rookie year even though it wasn't technically.

How many QBs in NFL history have been successful in their first year as the starter? Very few but Romo managed to make the Pro Bowl.

2. J. Cutler: A true 2nd year guy who also has some very good options and a running game that should keep Ds honest.

3. Jason Campbell: Last year was really his rookie season even though like Romo it wasn't technically. He showed great signs of poise in the pocket and talent to get the ball where it needs to be. He has a speedy WR1 and a great running game to keep Ds honest.

4. Matt Schaub: No O-line and only one receiving option. I look at that team and I see no other viable WR but AJ. David Carr was pretty mobile but still got sacked more than any other QB in 2005 and was in the top 10 last year. No reason to think that Schaub won't get killed too. At 6'5" I don't know how mobile he can be.

5. Vince Young: Even if he had good options, I'd still rank him here because he probably would pass less and run more a la Mike Vick. Like I said in the beginning he has no one to throw to and no one to run the ball really. I guess Chris Brown could be the sleeper there but when was the last time he played all 16 games in a season (zero) and let's not forget about Madden which claimed one of the best players in NFL history last seson...

Edited by Asskickas

Thanks for the input on these five guys. I have a tendency to wait at QB during the draft and may do the same this year making these guys possible options as a backup if my number one goes down or sucks. LY I took Warner and CPep, thought one would pan out, but ended up scrabling each week trying to find the hot hand, it cost me BIG and I do not want to be in the same spot this year.

As I take my first look at the QB position after the first 7/8 guys the talent looks the same as at the bar at closing time.........

I look at guys like McNabb that have the potential for huge numbers, but will he play more than 10-12 games? How far does Hassel fall? Will Eli continue to under acheive? Garcia or Simms...how much pull does Phil Simms still have?

Campbell's last 5 starts of 2006 by QB rating:

see a pattern here?

In 2006 JC didn't get the snaps with the first team until there were 7 games left when he became the starter. With a full offseason as the starting QB, getting all the 1st string snaps in training camp, I think he will have a really good year as the starter. In contrast Romo's stats got worse as the season progressed. Schaub has little talent around him besides Johnson and a poor O-line. I like Young but again doesn't have a ton to work with. They lost Henry and Bennett in the offseason. Cutler has the most to work with so he has a chance to put up some good numbers.

• 2 weeks later...
In 2007 I don't understand how guys can be so high on Vince Young. He lost his best rusher (Travis Henry) and will have to hope for

underachievers like fat Lendale, Fragile Chris Brown, and an unproven rook in Chris Henry to keep defenses honest. Henry was actually

below average in college. He lost his best WR too and will have to rely on an unproven 3rd year guy in Brandon Jones.

All the WRs on the team are underachievers.

The list has to be like this:

1. Tony Romo: Has the most weapons and you have to consider last season his rookie year even though it wasn't technically.

How many QBs in NFL history have been successful in their first year as the starter? Very few but Romo managed to make the Pro Bowl.

2. J. Cutler: A true 2nd year guy who also has some very good options and a running game that should keep Ds honest.

3. Jason Campbell: Last year was really his rookie season even though like Romo it wasn't technically. He showed great signs of poise in the pocket and talent to get the ball where it needs to be. He has a speedy WR1 and a great running game to keep Ds honest.

4. Matt Schaub: No O-line and only one receiving option. I look at that team and I see no other viable WR but AJ. David Carr was pretty mobile but still got sacked more than any other QB in 2005 and was in the top 10 last year. No reason to think that Schaub won't get killed too. At 6'5" I don't know how mobile he can be.

5. Vince Young: Even if he had good options, I'd still rank him here because he probably would pass less and run more a la Mike Vick. Like I said in the beginning he has no one to throw to and no one to run the ball really. I guess Chris Brown could be the sleeper there but when was the last time he played all 16 games in a season (zero) and let's not forget about Madden which claimed one of the best players in NFL history last seson...

Because your team doesn't have to be full of stars for you to be a fantasy monster. The fact that VY has less play makers around him means he'll have to do even more. They will be playing from behind most games. Yielding more offensive opportunities for Vince, scrambling and throwing. This means many late game (or "garbaj time" to quote Marv Albert) comeback attempts. VY coming from beind, putting up meaningless late game numbers = FANTASY GOLD!!!