[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Yankees

Sleeping King

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as a lifelong Yankee fan, I have to say that this certainly is my favorite thread on The Huddle...

4 behind Boston and that "vaunted" bullpen (Gagne sure has been lights out!)...and tied for the WC lead.

If they are dead, someone forgot to tell them...

What a run. As a Blue Jays fan but Red Sox hater, I love to see this. I put the odds on the Yankees winning the East now at 50/50 at worst. Their starting pitching is totally rejuvenated, and their offense is SICK. Rivera is back to his old self, and even Giambi has homered twice over the weekend. With A-Rod mashing the way he is and all the other weapons they have, I don't see how the Sox can hold them off. They may catch them by the end of August. And I guess all the talk about them being a product of a weak post all star break sched should stop now since they swept the AL Central leaders on the road, in convincing fashion.

Big John, can you change the title of this one to RIP Red Sox?

Their team batting average is up to .293. Has any team in modern history flirted with .300 before?

The 1927 Yankees hit .307. That's not really modern era but gives you some perspective as to how nasty this lineup is. Does Jeter ever not get 2 hits in a game?

What a run. As a Blue Jays fan but Red Sox hater, I love to see this. I put the odds on the Yankees winning the East now at 50/50 at worst. Their starting pitching is totally rejuvenated, and their offense is SICK. Rivera is back to his old self, and even Giambi has homered twice over the weekend. With A-Rod mashing the way he is and all the other weapons they have, I don't see how the Sox can hold them off. They may catch them by the end of August. And I guess all the talk about them being a product of a weak post all star break sched should stop now since they swept the AL Central leaders on the road, in convincing fashion.

Big John, can you change the title of this one to RIP Red Sox?

No, no, no please Big John...we like it just the way it is. No need to jinx us now...!

Yankee fan here have read bits and parts of this thread over the time. Soft schedule and all that shiat.right now no hemming and hawing $50 yanks make the playoffs. any takers?

Once they make the playoffs we will talk about how far they go.

Yankee fan here have read bits and parts of this thread over the time. Soft schedule and all that shiat.right now no hemming and hawing $50 yanks make the playoffs. any takers?

Once they make the playoffs we will talk about how far they go.

I was offering that bet a month ago and no one had the stones to bet me. . .suckers. I'da been paying out the ass. I'm just shocked that teams like Cleveland haven't picked up the slack. Seattle's a suprise too, but in the other direction. I thought they had no shot and they're in the hunt.

It's gonna be awesome when the Sox and Yanks play at the stadium in 2 weeks. . .

I was offering that bet a month ago and no one had the stones to bet me. . .suckers. I'da been paying out the ass. I'm just shocked that teams like Cleveland haven't picked up the slack. Seattle's a suprise too, but in the other direction. I thought they had no shot and they're in the hunt.

It's gonna be awesome when the Sox and Yanks play at the stadium in 2 weeks. . .

You're an idiot. No one trusts you that's why.

Seattle's a suprise too, but in the other direction. I thought they had no shot and they're in the hunt.

I've watched many of their games and am not sure how they are in the race. Just enjoying every bit of it! :D Their lack of solid starting pitching should be their demise, but I thought it would have happened by now. A couple of games ago they had barely scored more runs then they had given up;; season total. The bats have been on tear recently. They have a really good bullpen and the makeup of a good offense, without having an honest to goodness slugger.

Edited by bushwacked

I had other things on my plate a month ago was not paying that much attention. If you were doing it a month ago what's wrong with now or do you not have the stones. :D

I had other things on my plate a month ago was not paying that much attention. If you were doing it a month ago what's wrong with now or do you not have the stones. :D

It ain't the stones that I'm missing, it's the 6 game lead!

Not a betting man. If I had been I wouldn't have paused a second to take your money as anyone can see that the Yankees are not only the best team in the AL East, regardless of current record but one of the best if not THE best in the entire league.

Not a betting man. If I had been I wouldn't have paused a second to take your money as anyone can see that the Yankees are not only the best team in the AL East, regardless of current record but one of the best if not THE best in the entire league.

On the offensive side I think it's unquestioned. The pitching is where I'd disagree. However, so far the Gagne pickup is blowing up in Boston's face. But top to bottom, I'd take the Sox rotation and bullpen over the Yanks, especially if Gagne gets his head screwed on correctly.

I can't believe what a Yankee hater I sound like in this thread. . .I'm actually a lifelong fan from Brooklyn!

Oh, and never bet with me. . .I can't be trusted.

:D

On the offensive side I think it's unquestioned. The pitching is where I'd disagree. However, so far the Gagne pickup is blowing up in Boston's face. But top to bottom, I'd take the Sox rotation and bullpen over the Yanks, especially if Gagne gets his head screwed on correctly.

I can't believe what a Yankee hater I sound like in this thread. . .I'm actually a lifelong fan from Brooklyn!

Oh, and never bet with me. . .I can't be trusted.

:D

The Red Sox are the best team in the majors. That said, I don't see the Yankees missing the playoffs. They're playing much better ball than Detroit/Cleveland right now and, as good a season as that solid/underrated Mariners team is having, the Yankees are vastly more talented.

Now, as for my White Sox... :D

If somehow the Yankees overtake the Red Sox this year, not only in the regular season, but also the post season, it will be as though Babe Ruth and his curse were only taking a nap a few years ago. It will be as if the curse is reborn all over again.

I also suspect that is the only real way miserable Red Sux fans can ever really be happy. :D