[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Trade Advice

Massamule

To start with I'd like to say that I'm the owner of one dynasty fantasy football team, I've been doing this for over 10 years, yet I still stink at trade offers.

I'm constantly asking for your advice....which I really appreciate and respect all of you opinions.

Now, to the matter at hand - I want to get Lee Evans from a team that is weak at RB.

Here's his team:

QB

Delhomme, J

Pennington, C

Schaub, M

Vick, M

RB

Davis, D

Fargas, J

Gore, F

Green, A

Herron, N

Lundy, W

WR

Boldin, A

Booker, M

Evans, L

Jenkins, M

Owens, T

TE

Daniels, O

McMichael, R

Pope, L

My team is in the sig.

Do you think offering him Dunn and Norwood for Evans is too much or too little?

If its either, do you have a better suggestion?

Well I am definitely not an expert. But I have won 1 championship.. if that matters :D

Anyways, I think if you trade away Dunn, that leaves you in even more trouble at RB. How many RB's do you have to start? Do you have to start a TE? There are a few trades I "might consider", but they dont involve trading away Dunn, IMO.

I would either stay where you're at, or consider other trade options, instead of trading away Dunn and leaving you with 3RB's. RB's are probably the most important position in fantasy in my league, and most. Definitely not worth it to leave yourself short changed if one of your players gets injured. And besides by the looks of your RB's, I would consider starting Dunn quite a few times. LT and Marony is nice though :D

Thats just my 2 cents.

He should be more concerned with his QB's than his RB's. Delhomme could wind up on the bench before long, Schaub is unproven and Vick is facing suspension/jail time. Pennington is the nest of the lot. That would scare me a ton.

Offer Romo and a WR (sorry, can't see your sig line from here) and see what he says.

Agreed with the others as well...it would help to know your starting requirements.

Anyways, I think if you trade away Dunn, that leaves you in even more trouble at RB.

:D

I think the current value of Evans equats to that of Benson.

:D

ADP Benson: 26

ADP Evans: 37

ADP Norwood: 66

ADP Dunn: 92

If you want Evans that badly, I'd start with the offer of Norwood & Dunn for Evans & see if he bites. You may have to sweeten your end of the deal with a WR - I'd start with adding horn to the deal, then go to Brown. Norwood, Dunn, & Branch would be a bit too rich for my taste to offer for Evans.

Anyways, I think if you trade away Dunn, that leaves you in even more trouble at RB. How many RB's do you have to start?

Do you have to start a TE?

I would either stay where you're at, or consider other trade options, instead of trading away Dunn and leaving you with 3RB's. RB's are probably the most important position in fantasy in my league, and most. Definitely not worth it to leave yourself short changed if one of your players gets injured. And besides by the looks of your RB's, I would consider starting Dunn quite a few times. LT and Marony is nice though :D

Trouble at RB? He has 3 legit starters, 2 of whom are pretty much consensus top 10 overall picks? Seems to me he is in pretty good shape at RB, and has a need at WR. UNless, and it is highly unlikely, he is required to start 3 RBs every week, then he certainly has some flexibility in trying to move the Atlanta RBs for a significant improvement at his WR position (and it is no secret I am not the biggest Lee Evans supporter, but with Holt as a primary, Evans is a decent #2 option)

As for TE, he has Tony G. Yes, getting older, but still in the top 3 of fantasy TEs. Not sure why the TE comment though.

Do you really see "quite a few times" where you would start Dunn, who is getting less and less work each year and will be in a new offense with a big question mark, at least as of now, at QB, over two of LT (#1 RB in FF), Maroney (gonna get a lot of opportunity, assuming shoulder heals) and Benson (should be primary ball carrier in a run oriented offense)?

I think BB nailed it - Your opening offer is fair. I disagree with Wolf about offering Romo - QB is far from your strong point, and while ROmo is definitely not high on my list, he is better than your other options at this point (let's see what Green can do in Miami, he certainly has the weapons, let's see if he can get in synch with them).

If he balks, then consider including a pick movement in there, assuming you haven't had your draft yet. Depending on how many rounds you draft is, maybe offer to take his 5th for your 3rd or something along those lines. I would pony up too much as you certainly aren't in desperate need of a QB.

I'd also be careful at how you word your opening offer. If you make it known you are really interested in Evans, than the other owner has all the leverage in the negotiations. Remember, you are the one with strength at the key position in FF, negotiate like it. WHo knows, word your opening offer right, more along the lines of hey, I'm looking to solidify my WR position, looks like you couls use some WR help, maybe something based around that.. who knows, through negotiation you may be able to land Boldin or Owens in a deal based around Benson or something (or even with Dunn and Norwood still in there with a WR or pick movement added in). Keep your options open when you head in, aim high, accept fair if it helps your team.

Trouble at RB? He has 3 legit starters, 2 of whom are pretty much consensus top 10 overall picks? Seems to me he is in pretty good shape at RB, and has a need at WR. UNless, and it is highly unlikely, he is required to start 3 RBs every week, then he certainly has some flexibility in trying to move the Atlanta RBs for a significant improvement at his WR position (and it is no secret I am not the biggest Lee Evans supporter, but with Holt as a primary, Evans is a decent #2 option)

As for TE, he has Tony G. Yes, getting older, but still in the top 3 of fantasy TEs. Not sure why the TE comment though.

Do you really see "quite a few times" where you would start Dunn, who is getting less and less work each year and will be in a new offense with a big question mark, at least as of now, at QB, over two of LT (#1 RB in FF), Maroney (gonna get a lot of opportunity, assuming shoulder heals) and Benson (should be primary ball carrier in a run oriented offense)?

I think BB nailed it - Your opening offer is fair. I disagree with Wolf about offering Romo - QB is far from your strong point, and while ROmo is definitely not high on my list, he is better than your other options at this point (let's see what Green can do in Miami, he certainly has the weapons, let's see if he can get in synch with them).

If he balks, then consider including a pick movement in there, assuming you haven't had your draft yet. Depending on how many rounds you draft is, maybe offer to take his 5th for your 3rd or something along those lines. I would pony up too much as you certainly aren't in desperate need of a QB.

I'd also be careful at how you word your opening offer. If you make it known you are really interested in Evans, than the other owner has all the leverage in the negotiations. Remember, you are the one with strength at the key position in FF, negotiate like it. WHo knows, word your opening offer right, more along the lines of hey, I'm looking to solidify my WR position, looks like you couls use some WR help, maybe something based around that.. who knows, through negotiation you may be able to land Boldin or Owens in a deal based around Benson or something (or even with Dunn and Norwood still in there with a WR or pick movement added in). Keep your options open when you head in, aim high, accept fair if it helps your team.

Me Personally I would try to trade him Maroney and Jon Kitna for A. Boldin. With Maroney you have alttle injury risk and he needs a QB BAD plus Boldin is better than Evans. I would start with this and then maybe Dunn for Evans, but I don;'t who would want Dunn he may not even end up being the starter. Juast my thoughts.

Me Personally I would try to trade him Maroney and Jon Kitna for A. Boldin. With Maroney you have alttle injury risk and he needs a QB BAD plus Boldin is better than Evans. I would start with this and then maybe Dunn for Evans, but I don;'t who would want Dunn he may not even end up being the starter. Juast my thoughts.

Please put the gun down and back away, now!! You would give up Kitna, a Top 7 QB, and Maroney, a RB most important position and Top 10, for Boldin who just barely might squeak into the Top 10 at his position. You're nuts!!!

By the way Boldin is not better than Evans, especially if you're playing in a non-PPR league. Last year both players played 16 games, Boldin had 83 rec. 1,203 yds and 4 tds. Evans had 82 rec. 1,292 yds and 8 tds. Uh, I think that favors Evans, plus Leinart likes Fitz more. Evans just might be a better selection after all. :D

Edited by irish

Bolden is not all that, look at his numbers and you will see that Evans has outperformed him by quite a bit as of late. I also think the Cards will pass less with the new coach.

You guys may be forgetting that WR's last much longer than RB's and can be valued higher in a dynasty league. Looking at my DYNASTY cheat sheet, Evans and Benson are both listed at $15.

I own both of these guys in my dynasty league and I think Evans is here to stay while Benson is a coin-flip. Make the trade and don't look back.

Big Country made a good point a few posts earlier. How you approach the other owner may help you out quite a bit. I know it is bad FF protocol to make the other guy offer up the first trade when you approach him, but maybe you can send an e-mail like this...

Hey, I'm getting the itch as the season nears. Should be an interesting season with all the stuff that's happened this off-season (this remark may get him more nervous about Vick, as he already should be). How do you feel about your squad this year? Do you see anyone on my team that interests you? Perhaps we can talk trade. Let me know if you see anything you like.

You don't want to tip your hat that you value Lee Evans, or any player for that matter. Let him make the first offer, as this will let you guage his value of his/your players. For all you know, he may be happy as can be with his QB situation, or he can be worried sick.

Big Country made a good point a few posts earlier. How you approach the other owner may help you out quite a bit. I know it is bad FF protocol to make the other guy offer up the first trade when you approach him, but maybe you can send an e-mail like this...

Hey, I'm getting the itch as the season nears. Should be an interesting season with all the stuff that's happened this off-season (this remark may get him more nervous about Vick, as he already should be). How do you feel about your squad this year? Do you see anyone on my team that interests you? Perhaps we can talk trade. Let me know if you see anything you like

Only a dirty weasel would send a communication like this :D .... it reeks of, "I have an a$$raping in mind for you" :D

I really like your initial offer Mass.

You rid yourself of a comming RBBC situation... plus although I like Norwoods game, his longterm durability concerns me.

In one of my dynasties I was able to aquire Evans and a 3rd round pick for Housh and Witten.

Edited by byron2112

Do you think offering him Dunn and Norwood for Evans is too much or too little?

If its either, do you have a better suggestion?

I think you are offering up to much for Evans. you have to start 2 RB's so if you dump those 2 you have no depth.

I don't suggest trading Norwood and Dunn unless you get a offer you just cannot pass up.

Here is your team..

QB-Romo, Leftwich, Kitna, Green

RB-LT, Maroney, C Benson, Dunn, Norwood

WR-Holt, Horn, Branch, Reg. Brown, Curry, Dem. Williams

TE-Gonzalez, K. Wilson

D-Car, Atl

12 team Dynasty League

I am not even sure Evans is a upgrade over Reggie Brown.I mean I would rather have Evans...but I would not come close to guarenteeing he out performs Brown.you need WR depth which you can get cheaper IMO. myself I would offer Romo around as he seems to be badly overrated this year and get back a Laverneous Coles type.