[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Follow the Run on Qbs

FFGuru

No, but I could deal with a Pennington,Delhomme and a Grossman.Rotating those 3 I bet I could come close to what Manning gets this year.

it's still tough knowing which QB to start which week...and sometimes I can go a month straight starting the wrong guy at QB..

Rotating QBs can be pretty frustrrating. It can work sometimes, but usually it doesn't because there is a reason why you cannot rely on one each week - they just are not that good consistently.

I look at it this way: unless you play with a bunch of morons, you will always have one or two slots in your starting roster where you don't have a "stud" and have to do some thinking to determine who to start. I'd much rather have to make that decision with a QB vs. a RB or WR. Assuming you only start one QB, you'll have plenty of options - even if you have to start somebody new every week. Frustrating? Sometimes. Last season I started 13 different QBs. That's right, 13. But, I won my league by playing the right guys on the right weeks. If I had followed the "QB run" in my league, I wouldn't have landed the talent at the other positions that really won the league for me...

Cheers

I usually choose to spend that 3rd-5th round pick on a TE, or sometimes an extra WR or RB if I can't get a Gates or Gonzo. I even took a Def before a QB.

Last year I drafted Warner and Farve in rounds 9-10. When Warner got benched and there was talk about gettting Rodgers playing time I thought I was in trouble. The only QB I was able to pick up was Andrew Walter, until much later when Garrard became available.

My starting lineup:

LT2

C Taylor

F Taylor

Fitz

D Jax

Colston

Gates

At the end of the regular season, the team outscored eveybody else but more than 250 points, even with a below average QB. To me, a Gates/Farve combo is better than a Romo/randon TE combo.

Have been in this local for 9 years and have the all time highest win percentage. Don't think I've ever taken a QB before round 8. It works in this league and in others.

Like Avernus mentioned, unless a high quality QB slipped a few rounds, like Manning in round 3, I'll happily stick to drafting a QB late. Some times you'll end up with a top 5-10 QB anyway.

my motto is to never take a QB early....currently I am in a draft with WCOFF Rules and 27 QBs are off the board and we are only at pick 13.7

I currently DO NOT have ANY QBS :D we only need to start ONE QB and its a best lineup league so you dont even have to worry about platooning you automatically get the best score available....imo my only misstep was not drafting a QB on my last pass but when you have to start 2RBs 3WRs 1TE and 1 FLEX all with PPR I have no problem with the team I have...especially since there are NO MOVES allowed after the draft...you go to war with the team you drafted

fwiw this one guy started out Gore/Harrison/TO then proceeded to take 5 QBs in his next 6 picks :D

In order(from the 12 hole):

SSmith

ChadJonhson

Thomas Jones

Caddy

MBarber

LColes

Mark Clayton

Vernon Davis

CBrown

Santonio Holmes

SanDiego DEF

NE Pats DEF(this is where I should have passed on both D's to take Campbell/Lefty)

LINK

Edited by keggerz

Isn't the whole Kitna-is-going-to-be-a-monster thing out of the bag already?

No kidding. But last year, most folks were doubters.

You can get a good QB after most everyone has their #1, but you have to be real sure you know which guy will be the one to shine. Some years the gamble pays off more than others.

Try to avoid following a run for the sake of following a run.

Thank them for the healthy choice of WR/RB there.

I wrote something about this last year or two years ago...about how I grabbed RBs and WRs early, but because of the relatifve novice of my office-league mates, it didn't really help my team. In rounds 5, 6, and 7, they all still had plenty of good RB/WR options left for them, but I had no good QB options. My RBs and WRs were a little better than everybody's, but my QBs were MUCH worse.

Sometimes, you simply have to account for how your league members draft.

BJ -- can you find that post I'm talking about? If it helps, I remember it was a reply to someone else's post; not a "new topic" by me. :D

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

I wrote something about this last year or two years ago...about how I grabbed RBs and WRs early, but because of the relatifve novice of my office-league mates, it didn't really help my team. In rounds 5, 6, and 7, they all still had plenty of good RB/WR options left for them, but I had no good QB options. My RBs and WRs were a little better than everybody's, but my QBs were MUCH worse.

BJ -- can you find that post I'm talking about? If it helps, I remember it was a reply to someone else's post; not a "new topic" by me. :D

:Dlast year

What is the scoring? Quarterbacks often go too early but unless they are really more valuable than any other position and they decline quickly in value, then let them take the QBs and know you got a better RB or WR because of it.

Great info here. :D It's DMD, of course it's great info. Now in my TD only league all positions get the same points for TDs as well as bonus points for length of TD. I made the mistake of waiting too long for a QB and it killed me. I was counting on Hasselbeck and another(can't remember) to fall to me as 8 teams picked their QBs. Then when I was setting my sights, two morons picked their backup QBs before I could get to them. I didn't have a horrible year, but not good enough to make the $. By the way, those 2 that grabbed 2 QBs too quick were the sh*t of the league and rightfully so. :D

After writing my post I saw your post, SC. This is exactly what happened to me. Although in a TD only league with TDs the same value for all I should have known better than to wait that long. I won't make that mistake again.