[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Ladder Drafts Starting

Beaumont

yeah...I really wanted Parker and :D when you took him...

the only problem I had with taking Maroney is the joke that Belichick calls the injury report...

but he reminds me too much of SJax to overlook him at the 11 spot..

Get past the dreads and he didnt look much like him to me. I like the prospect of Maroney being a solid back in NE, but my reasons for not taking him:

I hate NE with a passion. I hate the Jets too, but I had to go with a RB I KNOW will produce in Thomas Jones. Maroney has a few question marks... Shoulder, theres been a little RBBC talk, then theres always the BB statement made above.

I feel more comfortable with TJ then I would Maroney, and I think thats why he fell... Some of us are looking for something a little more of a sure thing... So you ask why Rudi fell so far? I dunno.... :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get past the dreads and he didnt look much like him to me. I like the prospect of Maroney being a solid back in NE, but my reasons for not taking him:

I hate NE with a passion. I hate the Jets too, but I had to go with a RB I KNOW will produce in Thomas Jones. Maroney has a few question marks... Shoulder, theres been a little RBBC talk, then theres always the BB statement made above.

I feel more comfortable with TJ then I would Maroney, and I think thats why he fell... Some of us are looking for something a little more of a sure thing... So you ask why Rudi fell so far? I dunno.... :D

Thought about taking TJ at 2.05, but like McGahee this year and didn't think he'd be there at 3.08.

I hate any NE players except for Brady, but Maroney was gone so I wasn't tempted. Portis's knee was too risky at that point.

I have no problem with Rudi slipping...

I wanted TJ in the 2nd, but him and Maroney share the same bye week...

I think the Pats have a better offense than the Jets and I have no problem with my RB sharing some because he'll be fresh later in the game...

as long as he gets his touches....I could care less...

Maroney's running style..plus the versatility is what reminds me of SJax....:D

LJ

McGahee

Fitz

I'm aiming for every player with the same bye week. :wacko:

:D Hey you know what I say better to get one bye week out of the way, then to be weaker at different positions for several weeks. So BigMike gets a freebee win for week 8. I was hoping it was me. :D

Ronnie Brown ahead of Addai and Parker? I like RB too but I thought he'd be taken at the end of round 1 possibly beginning of round 2.

Yup...RB ahead of those two. I made the pick and I'll live with it.

New offense, better QB who is going to take what's given to him, and I see a big year for Brown.

Now, Addai can have the biggest year of the three, but I'm not convinced he's a 16 week player. Parker over Brown, maybe, but Parker might have peaked last year.

As far as taking Edge over Maroney....I don't want to deal with the NE injury report week in and week out...and when Kevin Faulk ends up playing more than Maroney by week 10 because Maroney can't learn to avoid contact, I'll be smiling.

Sometimes you have to go against conventional wisdom and take chances.....playing it safe gives you an average chance to have an average team.

Yup...RB ahead of those two. I made the pick and I'll live with it.

DMD has him at #7.

Had to grab Carson Palmer at 4.05. With CincySlammers riight behind me he wouldn't be there later.

I like the Bengals to go far this season. CJ is pumped and Carson is healthy again.

DMD has him at #7.

Had to grab Carson Palmer at 4.05. With CincySlammers riight behind me he wouldn't be there later.

I like the Bengals to go far this season. CJ is pumped and Carson is healthy again.

Didn't want to grab a QB too early, but I am high on Palmer this season.

Didn't want to grab a QB too early, but I am high on Palmer this season.

Me either and so far I haven't given into the temptation. Eventually I may get one.

In the Practice Squad Draft I got LJ at 1.08.

That is the lowest division because they ranked me 43 out of the 48 teams.

Each team was ranked from 1-48 with 12 in each division.

Other divisions

All Pro

Semi {Pro

Those guys in th top division are RB whores. :D

:D Or is it biatches?

The HOF'er took 12 RBs in round 1, 6 in 2nd and 8 in the 3rd.

All Pro'ers took 12 in 1st, 6 in 2nd, and 6 in 3rd.

Semi Pro'ers took 12 in 1st, 7 in 2nd, and 3 in 3rd.

Practice Squad'ers took 11 in 1st (S Smith snuck in at 12th pick), 9 in 2nd, and also dropped off like Semi with 3 in 3rd.

First two rounds the Practice squad were whoring the backs, but then it trailed off.

Picking #1 is paying off

Palmer, Carson CIN QB - 5 4.12

Jordan, Lamont OAK RB - 5 7.01

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB - 10 2.12

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB - 7 1.01

Holt, Torry STL WR - 9 3.01

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR - 5 5.01

Cooley, Chris WAS TE - 4 6.12

Solid team so far. Having Maroney and Holt at the turn was very unexpected . I took Palmer and Hoosh a little earlier then some, but i wanted a top QB this season and i got one!

Solid team so far. Having Maroney and Holt at the turn was very unexpected . I took Palmer and Hoosh a little earlier then some, but i wanted a top QB this season and i got one!

Yeah I have my doubts about Maroney but that's a big fall considering I took Brandon Jacobs a few picks later in the PS draft. :D

Picking #1 is paying off

Yeah early picks are the best but #1, as I've said before, seems to be yielding a lot of good teams. Even if Maroney and Jordan are flops, and I don't think Maroney will be, LT is like having 2 RBs in one and the rest of your team is so solid I wouldn't worry.

Edited by irish

Picking #1 is paying off

Yea, that looks solid. Housz in the 5th round is most excellent.

I picked in the #1 spot in a different division.

Manning, Peyton IND QB - 6 3.01

Barber, Marion DAL RB - 8 5.01

Green, Ahman HOU RB - 10 4.12

Owens, Terrell DAL WR - 8 2.12

We had different strategies but I like both teams.

Edited by MikesVikes

The HOF'er took 12 RBs in round 1, 6 in 2nd and 8 in the 3rd.

All Pro'ers took 12 in 1st, 6 in 2nd, and 6 in 3rd.

Semi Pro'ers took 12 in 1st, 7 in 2nd, and 3 in 3rd.

Practice Squad'ers took 11 in 1st (S Smith snuck in at 12th pick), 9 in 2nd, and also dropped off like Semi with 3 in 3rd.

First two rounds the Practice squad were whoring the backs, but then it trailed off.

Thews40 started with 2 WR's.

Johnson, Chad CIN WR - 2.01

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 1.12

Here are my thoughts regarding my All-Pro draft thugs far.

Well, I'm generally pleased with the draft so far, though I'm not jumping for joy. I think I have a high risk, high reward team right now. I hated to have to go RB again last round, but, with Portis, LJ, & Kevin Jones, I wanted to add more depth with Fragile Freddy, I figure with 4 risky RB's, hopefully at least 2 work out each week..... :D I'll say this though, if LJ signs, and Kevin Jones starts the season, I'll feel real good about my backs.

Here are my picks and thoughts thus far:

1.4 - Larry Johnson: I'm in the camp that he will sign, as I don't think the Chiefs can survive without him, and I think they know it. I wouldn't have taken him any higher than this spot, but, I couldn't pass him up here.

2.9 - Clinton Portis: I was actually expecting to go WR with this pick, however, when Portis and Maroney were both there, I had to change that plan. It was a tough decision between Portis and Maroney, but, I still worry about Belichick's usage of Maroney, so, I went with Portis and will hope he gets healthy, and at the time, I was hoping I could still grab Betts later.

3.4 - Roy Williams I was thrilled to get Roy Williams here. I think the Lions offense will be solid, and Roy will just continue to get better and better.

4.9 - Tom Brady In all my years of drafting, I can't remember ever taking a QB this early. However, with what was left, I felt it was a move that I had to make. I think their is a big dropoff after the top 4 QB's. Manning & Brees were already gone, so, I had to decide between Brady & Palmer. Personally, I don't think I could go wrong with either, so, I took Brady, because Palmer plays for the Bengals :D

5.4 - Plaxico Burress I was happy that Burress was still there waiting for me with this pick.

6.9 - Kevin Jones Here is where I decided to gamble in two ways. I gambled that Kevin Jones will be starting early enough for this pick to be a steal, and I gambled that Betts would still be there for me in the 7th round.

7.4 - Fred Taylor Well, Betts went one pick before me, but, I'm o.k. with that. I hated to go RB again here, but, with Fred Taylor still there, and being one of the few RB's left that I like, I had to add more depth at the position that always seems to need it most.

Edited by Menudo

DMD has him at #7.

DMD must not of had Ronnie with his first pick like I did last year. :D

Actually I think that he will be better this year. Last year, the qb situation messed the whole team up, imo. He will catch passes, too.

Very solid parity in the HoF division. One thing's for sure, though -- whoever plays Sarge in Week 8 is going to get a free W.

As I said in our HoF draft thread, I think Sarge is the team to beat on paper.

I am counting on D WIlliams to be the pass catching monster many think he could be and for Branch, Addai and either Rivers or Alex Smith to step it up this season. A lot of "ifs", but I like their chances.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Is anyone else in the other leagues sick of hearing the Hall of Fame League pat themselves on the back ? :D

Also, those lowlifes in the other 3 leagues below ours aren't bowing at my feet and making me sammiches, as I believe they should be.........

Is anyone else in the other leagues sick of hearing the Hall of Fame League pat themselves on the back ? :D

Also, those lowlifes in the other 3 leagues below ours aren't bowing at my feet and making me sammiches, as I believe they should be.........

I take comfort in the FACT next season, i will have EARNED my spot in the Hall of Fame division :D

While 4 of you high horse riders, will fall behind me :wacko:

Edited by theeohiostate