[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Ladder Drafts Starting

Beaumont

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ksu70

That's good stuff. I have seen that type of draft a few times now...lots of backs gone, the #1 spot going LT/WR/WR. I have to say I am surprised at how late the QB's are going this year. In your draft you are about to get to the 5th round and all the studs not named Manning are on the board. They will all be gone in the next few picks I assume. In my first draft I went a bit against my normal tendencies and went for Palmer at the 3.5 thinking I would start that run and push a few players back to me in the fourth and I wasn't even close. It probably will cost me. Thanks for the look.

That's a fall far for Rudi. :D Taking the PPR thing to the extreme, really.

Someone's happy with Rudi falling at this point. I wonder who that is.... :D

Seriously, I think you are getting consistency and unless you think he is due for a major fall this year (which I am not), I think he is worthy of a top 12 pick even in a PPR league this year.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Someone's happy with Rudi falling at this point. I wonder who that is.... :D

Seriously, I think you are getting consistency and unless you think he is due for a major fall this year (which I am not), I think he is worthy of a top 12 pick even in a PPR league this year.

in 8 out of 10 situations i woulda snapped him up at 1.12, but here in this format and against these owners.......if i want to actually compete for the top spot i feel i need a guy with bigger upside than rudi. rudi is the safe pick there, but i went with the guy who could be a big time value instead.

in 8 out of 10 situations i woulda snapped him up at 1.12, but here in this format and against these owners.......if i want to actually compete for the top spot i feel i need a guy with bigger upside than rudi. rudi is the safe pick there, but i went with the guy who could be a big time value instead.

With that same reasoning, you can understand why at the 2.05 pick I snatched him up real quick. I'll hope to get those upside players later in the draft.

Addai and Rudi...Id be pumped if I were you, though I woulda grabbed Jacobs over Deangelo.

In a PPR league I like Williams better, but they're close. Plus, as was stated above by my fellow HoF league member, I wanted some picks to swing for the fences to win this league. I think WIlliams has tremendous upside.

Edited by TDFFFreak

With that same reasoning, you can understand why at the 2.05 pick I snatched him up real quick. I'll hope to get those upside players later in the draft.

agree, for you a great pick at 2.05. i too would take him as my second rb at that spot. i was more or less talking about a first rb at my spot. fwiw, i like your two rb alot.

agree, for you a great pick at 2.05. i too would take him as my second rb at that spot. i was more or less talking about a first rb at my spot. fwiw, i like your two rb alot.

Considering I hate the 8 spot, I'm very happy with them. Now the rest of my team.... meh. A wait and see attitude.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Considering I hate the 8 spot, I'm very happy with them. Now the rest of my team.... meh. A wait and see attitude.

I guess my team is the risky team... TJ and TH are both on new teams, but outta play at least decent. My WRs, Driver, R Brown, and Galloway could be hit or miss. My QB is young (Leinart), but in that offense he should throw for at LEAST 20 TDs.... Heres to a fun season :D

I guess my team is the risky team... TJ and TH are both on new teams, but outta play at least decent. My WRs, Driver, R Brown, and Galloway could be hit or miss. My QB is young (Leinart), but in that offense he should throw for at LEAST 20 TDs.... Heres to a fun season :D

Our teams are kinda similar in the fact that we have a few question marks that could make us good or bust (considering we werre both drafting from the ladder half of the draft order). That said, I feel more comfortable with my starting 2 RBs, but that's it. :D

In the Practice Squad Draft I got LJ at 1.08.

That is the lowest division because they ranked me 43 out of the 48 teams.

Each team was ranked from 1-48 with 12 in each division.

Other divisions

All Pro

Semi {Pro

Those guys in th top division are RB whores. :D

:D Or is it biatches?

Edited by Randall

You look at the different drafts, and you can see the level of competition rise in each of them. There is no way SJ shouldhave gone #4 in the practice squad league, and LJ #8, that is insane. In the All-Pro League maroney fell to 2.12. At the turn at 2.12, the best back left was Magahee, so I elected to go WR/WR and later get Norwood/Dunn and j Jones.

You look at the different drafts, and you can see the level of competition rise in each of them. There is no way SJ shouldhave gone #4 in the practice squad league, and LJ #8, that is insane. In the All-Pro League maroney fell to 2.12. At the turn at 2.12, the best back left was Magahee, so I elected to go WR/WR and later get Norwood/Dunn and j Jones.

I am actually quite surprised that the different levels of draft seem to be working to their supposed level of expertise. Maybe people in the "lower" leagues are just trying different things out? I'm not sure why it's happening as it is. :D

Ronnie Brown ahead of Addai and Parker? I like RB too but I thought he'd be taken at the end of round 1 possibly beginning of round 2.

That's right where I grabbed Brown.

It is a little odd, however, I feel I'm being falsely represented. :D

I am actually quite surprised that the different levels of draft seem to be working to their supposed level of expertise. Maybe people in the "lower" leagues are just trying different things out? I'm not sure why it's happening as it is. :D

Yeah our draft has definitely been a little odd to say the least.

That's right where I grabbed Brown.

It is a little odd, however, I feel I'm being falsely represented. :D

Yeah our draft has definitely been a little odd to say the least.

I concur....

but I don't see how maroney lasted so long in the HoF league...

that's a headscratcher for me for sure...

I just don't see his shoulder as that big a problem come week 1...

I concur....

but I don't see how maroney lasted so long in the HoF league...

that's a headscratcher for me for sure...

I just don't see his shoulder as that big a problem come week 1...

Yeah I agree with that as well. Maybe they were thinking this early in the preseason it's not worth the risk.

Yeah I agree with that as well. Maybe they were thinking this early in the preseason it's not worth the risk.

yeah...I really wanted Parker and :D when you took him...

the only problem I had with taking Maroney is the joke that Belichick calls the injury report...

but he reminds me too much of SJax to overlook him at the 11 spot..