[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Dunker Ever

Cyclones

Strong argument there. . . I don't think they included his finest in this film, the between the legs fading away from the basket one he did to clinch the dunk contest. One of the most perfect dunks of all time. He did that one and turned to the camera and said "It's OVER". Of course clearing the French dude in the Olympics (was that LaFrenz?) was also just sick.

Still, I think there are a lot of players who would challenge Vince in a poll. They didn't call Wilkins "The Human Highlight Reel" for nothing. Jordan, Erving, Spud, Kobe amongst others deserve attention.

Personally, the reason I'm a Nets fan was watching Darrell Dawkins when I was about 10 years old. Watching that backboard come down in a million pieces . . .I turned to my dad and said "Whatever team that guy plays for, I want to root for them!"

Gotta give very strong consideration to MJ here . That one slam dunk contest he was in he was literally flying

This is my most memorable

Strong argument there. . . I don't think they included his finest in this film, the between the legs fading away from the basket one he did to clinch the dunk contest. One of the most perfect dunks of all time. He did that one and turned to the camera and said "It's OVER". Of course clearing the French dude in the Olympics (was that LaFrenz?) was also just sick.

Still, I think there are a lot of players who would challenge Vince in a poll. They didn't call Wilkins "The Human Highlight Reel" for nothing. Jordan, Erving, Spud, Kobe amongst others deserve attention.

Personally, the reason I'm a Nets fan was watching Darrell Dawkins when I was about 10 years old. Watching that backboard come down in a million pieces . . .I turned to my dad and said "Whatever team that guy plays for, I want to root for them!"

Good Daryl Dawkins stuff

but oddly it doesnt include the shattering backboard ones Edited by whomper

Awesome stuff there. Vince is no doubt in my top 2, maybe #1, the only competition would be Dominique. MJ had some great dunks but could not do the magical stuff Vince can do in traffic, in the flow of the game, etc... consistantly. Sure he had the Ewing dunk but VC had several of those in this clip. Spud was a great dunker for his size but that's it. JRich is a poor mans VC but has skills.

I think it comes down to VC and Nique.

Edited by chiefjay

Gotta give very strong consideration to MJ here . That one slam dunk contest he was in he was literally flying

This is my most memorable

Yeah whomp, when I think of dunks, this is one I remember watching thinking that Starks switched to his left hand in traffic and dunked.

But...I gotta give the nod to Dominique.

To me dunk contest stuff shouldn't count. Vince does stuff in games that blow my mind...360s are commonplace with him. I think you'd be hard pressed to find 10 other in game dunks that would crack this top 100 from Vince. Some of the things he does seem impossible.

Awesome stuff there. Vince is no doubt in my top 2, maybe #1, the only competition would be Dominique. MJ had some great dunks but could not do the magical stuff Vince can do in traffic, in the flow of the game, etc... consistantly. Sure he had the Ewing dunk but VC had several of those in this clip. Spud was a great dunker for his size but that's it. JRich is a poor mans VC but has skills.

I think it comes down to VC and Nique.

I think you are forgetting early MJ. Sure, he didn't do a lot of that in his championship years. He didn't have to. When it was just Jordan and a bunch of nobodies, he did amazing things with the ball in traffic!!

That Doctor guy was a pretty fair dunker, if I remember. Played with those hosers from Philly after a stint in that funny league.

Yep, Dr J was the bestest. He played with the Virginia Squires before moving to the NBA. It's the reason I'm still a 76ers fan today.

yup

Vinsanity is the best dunker ever IMO- both in game and dunk contest chit.

Also, one of the bigges wastes of talent the NBA has ever seen.

I would say Len Bias did a LOT less with his talent than Vince.

And Ron Artest too.

yup

Vinsanity is the best dunker ever IMO- both in game and dunk contest chit.

Also, one of the bigges wastes of talent the NBA has ever seen.

eh, vince has been a pretty good player for a long enough time that i don't think he's anywhere close to one of the biggest wastes of talent the NBA has ever seen.

eh, vince has been a pretty good player for a long enough time that i don't think he's anywhere close to one of the biggest wastes of talent the NBA has ever seen.

cmon. VC is notorious for being soft and not showing up in big games- or even caring about winning. For a guy with MJ/Kobe type talent, it is a waste IMO-

cmon. VC is notorious for being soft and not showing up in big games- or even caring about winning. For a guy with MJ/Kobe type talent, it is a waste IMO-

+1

add Stephan Marbury to that list...he flat out has stated in interviews that winning is NOT important to his life...

26 ppg in the playoffs for his career, higher than his regular season average. :D maybe he had the talent to be a truly great player, but like i said, even if a disappointment he's been too good for too long to really be one of the NBA's biggest wastes of talent, IMO.