[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the theory of evolution ...

tonorator

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, this test shows that it's not random at all. Your comment displays a fundamental misunderstanding of what you're arguing against... which undermines your point severely.

i could say the same about you o' confident one. everything that happens within the evolution theory is indeed triggered by many random events that have led to humans being here on earth. bird and bat patterns, the migration of polution, how the wind blew one day, the decision of one species to turn left vs. turning right, etc., have no reason behind them. there is no plan there, it has been completely random. so now we should supposedly have a world completed dominated by natural selection with only the dominant species surviving. instead, we have a world filled with a countless number of living forms, all contributing to the delicate balance that sustains our lives.

goodness man, have you not seen the lion king? do you really not know about the great circle of life?

i could say the same about you o' confident one. everything that happens within the evolution theory is indeed triggered by many random events that have led to humans being here on earth. bird and bat patterns, the migration of polution, how the wind blew one day, the decision of one species to turn left vs. turning right, etc., have no reason behind them. there is no plan there, it has been completely random. so now we should supposedly have a world completed dominated by natural selection with only the dominant species surviving. instead, we have a world filled with a countless number of living forms, all contributing to the delicate balance that sustains our lives.

goodness man, have you not seen the lion king? do you really not know about the great circle of life?

:D

.....it is a theory....

Here is the key to the whole thing. when scientists give their opinions based on the facts they know it is a theory. a scientific theory.

I never see bible thumpers calling what they believe "biblical theories" despite that they are going on less fact then the scientists.

Here is the key to the whole thing. when scientists give their opinions based on the facts they know it is a theory. a scientific theory.

I never see bible thumpers calling what they believe "biblical theories" despite that they are going on less fact then the scientists.

well, one book (the bible) explains it all. the other book (science textbook) looks at the outcome and tries to find the explanation.

well, one book (the bible) explains it all. the other book (science textbook) looks at the outcome and tries to find the explanation.

The bible explains it all?

The only thing I have got out of it a chitload of more questions.

My biggest problem with religion is I have never known a person who actually lived by their religious guidelines. have you?

So everything not covered in the bible is covered in Disney movies?

That make it much easier to follow to be sure.

My biggest problem with religion is I have never known a person who actually lived by their religious guidelines. have you?

you mean giving your live to christ, admitting sin, seeking forgiveness by grace, etc. i know countless of them. pick up 'quiet strength' by tony dungy. it's a great read.

No I mean like all the other little rules you are forgetting. naming 1 off the top of my head .....gambling.

well, i play fantasy football. fantasy football for me is more about comradery and extending the joy of the wonderful game of football. the payouts for any of my leagues are nowhere near worth the time and energy spent on this fun pursuit. gambling, drinking, lusts, pride, vanity, etc. are all watchouts in the bible because they are sins that can consume you. the fact that we sin daily on all levels is just a fact. it's what we do about it and our willingness to humble ourselves in the face of it that is the distinction.

don't expect christ-followers to display perfection. we follow because we knowwe are not.

The Bible does not condem gambling. It condems greed.

Edited by Pirate lookin' at 40

The simple fact - (the 'bottom line' to all of this for me) - is that I prefer to believe there is a better place for us to go to afterwards. This goes not only for my loved ones, but also for those less fortunate who have had horrific lives here on earth, and for myself when I get to death's door.

I'd prefer to believe my rich uncle Bill Gates will show up someday soon and give me $10 million dollars just because of my great smile and winning personality.

Preferring something be true doesn't make it so.

Holy crap is this ever pointless.

It is when it gets to this… cause it always does. God as an entity vs. the non-existence of God is where it should wind up, but defining God always takes over. It’s a leap of faith either way… you believe in divine intervention or you believe in nothing. That’s not sarcastic, but for argument’s sake it is the base of each theory.

It is when it gets to this… cause it always does. God as an entity vs. the non-existence of God is where it should wind up, but defining God always takes over. It’s a leap of faith either way… you believe in divine intervention or you believe in nothing.

It doesn't take a leap of faith to believe in nothing, trust me. It only seems that way to you because it makes so much sense to you to believe. To someone who doesn't feel that pull... it's not effort, it's just nothing.

don't expect christ-followers to display perfection. we follow because we knowwe are not.

I can dig this. nothing wrong with it if it you truly believe.

As I said before...not dogging your religion. not saying I am right and you are wrong. I can't do that and noone else can either because none of us has enough proof of anything. your heart says the bible is the truth and that is great.I just have a different view.

But I will say this. if a man(or woman) lives his(or her) life helping others and doing for those around him (or her) but he is a non believer...it would make no sense for that man to be sent to hell just because he was a non believer. if there is a heaven it takes people with good hearts no matter what there beliefs are. and if it don't take the good people than it has no use.JMO.

It is when it gets to this… cause it always does. God as an entity vs. the non-existence of God is where it should wind up, but defining God always takes over. It’s a leap of faith either way… you believe in divine intervention or you believe in nothing. That’s not sarcastic, but for argument’s sake it is the base of each theory.

:D:D

As I said before...not dogging your religion. not saying I am right and you are wrong. I can't do that and noone else can either because none of us has enough proof of anything. your heart says the bible is the truth and that is great.I just have a different view.

But I will say this. if a man(or woman) lives his(or her) life helping others and doing for those around him (or her) but he is a non believer...it would make no sense for that man to be sent to hell just because he was a non believer. if there is a heaven it takes people with good hearts no matter what there beliefs are. and if it don't take the good people than it has no use.JMO.

...and if my dogs, who are more pure of heart than the kindest person any of us will know are not up there as well...

edit to add: I'm just assuming I out-live them BTW. Thankfully my dogs are still very much alive and did not want to give the impression they weren't.

Edited by detlef

...and if my dogs, who are more pure of heart than the kindest person any of us will know are not up there as well...

edit to add: I'm just assuming I out-live them BTW. Thankfully my dogs are still very much alive and did not want to give the impression they weren't.

All dogs go to heaven. Except Hitler's dog.

Bingo. People who insist that God would be governed by human emotions and need for validation of supremacy over whatever other beliefs are out there is simply ridiculous. I cannot believe that some native in the jungle who who has lived a just and caring life would be ostracised to some hideous hell, simply because they did not swear fealty. That cheapens God to a horrific measure and places Him on the same level as Jupiter or Juno.