[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lost Everything - Flood

MrTed46

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear this. Good luck to you and your family. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Wow.

9" in 10 minutes is pretty insane. That's like a wall of water. :eek:

Recovering economically can be a real PITA. Explore your options with your insurance comapany (and your mom's insurance company). Sometimes there are clauses for "rental insurance" etc within homeowners policies that may cover stuff owned by someone else that was in your moms house (i.e., owned by a renter ... you and/or your sister) -- but you'd probably have to prove that she and/or you were actually paying rent. There may be other parts of your or her insurance that would apply. Read the policies and the fine print, and if you think that some clause may apply, take an attorney to lunch and see what they say. May be worth gettting two opinions.

Once you've figgered out the insurance piece, hopefully you'll be able to apply some sweat and entreprenurialism to your situation and 'create money out of thin air' ...

Regardless, I am sorry for you and your family. Hug each other and then run like crazy until the problems are solved.

You may want to get some legal advice from an expert on this. Your insurance is going to tell you that they will give you the least amount that they can possibly get away with... but that doesn't mean that they might not be legally obligated to give you more. If I were you I would spend A LOT of time pursuing this. Sometimes just a carefully worded letter printed on the stationery of a reputable legal firm is enough to loosen the purse strings.

Sorry for your loss. I'll remember you in my prayers. Good luck rebuilding. :D

Good advice here. Sorry for your situation Ted. I hope everything works out ok. I'm about to spill my guts on a personal problem that came to a head early this week so I know what bummed out feels like.

Im glad you are all OK but so sorry to hear about the damages and loss of your stuff. Prayers sent. Good luck bro . Keep your head up

My moms' house is in Fresh Meadows Queens. We got hit real hard.

My stuff was in her basement waiting for my new house to be done with construction so its all under her home owners insurance. We called our lawyer and their office will write a letter but they said if thats in their policy it will be hard to to retrieve more money. They suggested we gather the neighbors and file a suit against the city which we will. But we wont see any of that money for years.

My 50" plasma looks like sheet so thats going in the garbage. I am hoping I can salvage my home theatre equipment...I will test them when they are 100% dry.

I appreciate all the good vibes and the kind words. Thankfully everyone in my family is ok and everything lost can be purchased.

Once I get on my feet I am going to purchase at least a 51" TV and look in the sky and say try again :D

My moms' house is in Fresh Meadows Queens. We got hit real hard.

My stuff was in her basement waiting for my new house to be done with construction so its all under her home owners insurance. We called our lawyer and their office will write a letter but they said if thats in their policy it will be hard to to retrieve more money. They suggested we gather the neighbors and file a suit against the city which we will. But we wont see any of that money for years.

My 50" plasma looks like sheet so thats going in the garbage. I am hoping I can salvage my home theatre equipment...I will test them when they are 100% dry.

I appreciate all the good vibes and the kind words. Thankfully everyone in my family is ok and everything lost can be purchased.

Once I get on my feet I am going to purchase at least a 51" TV and look in the sky and say try again :D

Get yerself a Costco membership and pick a TV from the dozens of options they have - cheap and you'll get 2% back with an executive membership.

Sorry to hear this. :D I have been through this almost 2 years ago.....I know the emotions and feelings that go along with it, and they are not fun. I wish you strength for your family and do know that you will be stronger in the end. It's very overwhelming to say the least, but you guys will make it! PM me if you feel the need to talk or anything....I can relate bro. Prayers and thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear this. :D I have been through this almost 2 years ago.....I know the emotions and feelings that go along with it, and they are not fun. I wish you strength for your family and do know that you will be stronger in the end. It's very overwhelming to say the least, but you guys will make it! PM me if you feel the need to talk or anything....I can relate bro. Prayers and thoughts are with you.

A basement's as bad as being under sea level. Sorry to hear Mr Ted.