[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

skint back

polksalet

This has been a part of quantum theory for some time no? I recall reading something about a subatomic particle generating a pair, at a distance simultaneously, elsewhere. Interesting that they use the same word.

This has been a part of quantum theory for some time no? I recall reading something about a subatomic particle generating a pair, at a distance simultaneously, elsewhere. Interesting that they use the same word.

I think that had to do with particle spin IIRC. If one pair would spin "up" then its pair would also spin "up" regardless of the distance between the two in the universe.

This current experiment sounds different. I think that quantum tunneling has to do with a particle's wave function which allows it to statistically speaking be able to instantaneously appear on the other side of a barrier for example.

If it traveled faster than the speed of light, then didn't it arrive before it left? Wouldn't that mean that the amount of matter in the universe increased slightly? How does this affect Thews theory of God?

It arrive at its destination instantaneously... which at that distance is faster than light could reach it. But that doesn't mean that it would arrive before it left (at least not in this experiment).

As for Thews theory of God... now its just Jazzier!

It arrive at its destination instantaneously... which at that distance is faster than light could reach it. But that doesn't mean that it would arrive before it left (at least not in this experiment).

As for Thews theory of God... now its just Jazzier!

In a scientific terminology way... Is "instantaneously" different from "at the same time"? Does it just mean "very very very infinitely fast" or "at exactly the same moment".

Edited by AtomicCEO

In a scientific terminology way... Is "instantaneously" different from "at the same time"? Does it just mean "very very very infinitely fast" or "at exactly the same moment".

That's what I was thinking. How the f'ck do they know that the photons weren't travelling at 184,000 miles a second. Do they have a radar gun to measure Warp drive yet? :D

If it traveled faster than the speed of light, then didn't it arrive before it left? Wouldn't that mean that the amount of matter in the universe increased slightly? How does this affect Thews theory of God?

It happens all the time. I once flew out of Tallahasse at 10am and arrived in Mobile at...955am!