[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN reports Vick offered a 18 to 36 month deal

DMD

Just reported that Vick has been offered a plea deal where he would serve 18 to 36 months in prison but the Vick lawyers are trying to whittle it down to 12 months and they are trying to get an idea from the NFL if that means he is banned for life. The NFL has already said they do not go first in this and that they will respond to what happens, not be a part of the decision making process for Vick.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he admits during the plea to drowning and hanging dogs I say he'll never play again. During the plea before the judge he has to say what he did.

Remember the judge is tough and can give Vick a much larger sentence.

And hopefully he does. Not only do they need to make an example out of him, but they also need to punish him so severely that when he comes out, he will be so scared of dogs that he will never own another one in his life.

Me personally, I think the dude deserves more than just 18-36 months.

And hopefully he does. Not only do they need to make an example out of him, but they also need to punish him so severely that when he comes out, he will be so scared of dogs that he will never own another one in his life.

Me personally, I think the dude deserves more than just 18-36 months.

I think that's what his lawyers are considering.

If Vick lies in court and says he didn't kill dogs the judge may not accept the plea. If he tells the truth I don't think the NFL will let him back in. They may have to go to trial and that could be even worse.

And if Grits is the judge... :D

Assuming it's 36 months that pretty much cans his NFL hopes. Because this is so high profile, you'd have to expect a harsh sentence, but I wonder what sets precedent? I would guess the precedent would be set on Roosters fighting rather than dogs, and a judge may be as harsh as possible to set the precedent based on that. Any legal experts out there that can comment on the sentence being swayed based on the difference in the animal used?

I'm bummed they are offering a plea....so now the whole bunch of them get reduced sentences?

I thought the idea of accepting a plea from one defendant was to use his testimony to convict another.

I'd like to see them say...."Screw you, buddy. You went public and said "I am innocent". Let's see what a jury of your peers thinks"

Since its a federal case, I want my federal tax dollars at work to put the screws to this pathetic person.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

:D

Good luck trying to "whittle" that deal down. Again, these are the Feds he's dealing with, and they are dealing from a position of great strength & leverage - especially with the threat of additional charges tacked on.

Vick needs to come to grips that he will never play in the NFL again and keep his sentence as short as possible, then get on with his life after he gets out of prison. That he's still in denial & thinking he'll play in the NFL again some day only shows how either stupid and/or arrogant he is.

Vick lied to the commissioner straight up and I would bet money that this ends up as a lifetime ban. It has been too high profile and damaged the NFL.

:D

Good luck trying to "whittle" that deal down. Again, these are the Feds he's dealing with, and they are dealing from a position of great strength & leverage - especially with the threat of additional charges tacked on.

Vick needs to come to grips that he will never play in the NFL again and keep his sentence as short as possible, then get on with his life after he gets out of prison. That he's still in denial & thinking he'll play in the NFL again some day only shows how either stupid and/or arrogant he is.

And if he does play in the NFL again, who would the stupid and/or arrogant one be?

From the NFL's perspective, this case has been only about the gambling. Vick is finished. He will never play in the NFL. This has been the most egregious violation of the personal conduct policy to date. In order for the plea to be official, Vick must admit, UNDER OATH, to his crimes. The judge has absolute leeway in sentencing. He could very well give Vick the full 5 years (but i don't think he will)

Vick lied to the commissioner straight up and I would bet money that this ends up as a lifetime ban. It has been too high profile and damaged the NFL.

I don't think the commish will hold that lie against him. What was he supposed to do at the time? Not that it was right, but he didn't have any other option at the time.

Not sure about that, but it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Vick won't wear a Falcons jersey this year and will be suspended for AT LEAST one year AFTER his prison sentence.

I think that Vick goes to the CFL after he gets out. Given how Flutie was able to exploit the larger field (and less-talented defenses) to his benefit via his scrambling, I can see Vick being wildly-successful there.

Not sure about that, but it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Vick won't wear a Falcons jersey this year and will be suspended for AT LEAST one year AFTER his prison sentence.

I think that Vick goes to the CFL after he gets out. Given how Flutie was able to exploit the larger field (and less-talented defenses) to his benefit via his scrambling, I can see Vick being wildly-successful there.

As a convicted felon, I doubt Vick would be given a work permit to play in Canada.

It looks like folks are done trying to make excuses for this guy, which is unusual because the media bends over backwards to give black athletes the benefit of the doubt when they committ their crimes.

Did Rush just say this on his radio show? :D

From the NFL's perspective, this case has been only about the gambling. Vick is finished. He will never play in the NFL. This has been the most egregious violation of the personal conduct policy to date. In order for the plea to be official, Vick must admit, UNDER OATH, to his crimes. The judge has absolute leeway in sentencing. He could very well give Vick the full 5 years (but i don't think he will)

This is an important point. The judge can still give Vick the 5 years, even after he please and admits his wrongdoing. I would not be surprised if the NFL hands down their ruling about 5 minutes after Vick speaks.