[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

energy drinks

isleseeya

I am good for one a day ..have tried many different ones ...currently I like all the Monster brand ones

Who else drinks them ?

I noticed that drinking too much of them , puts a little more swing in the batter :D , which is one reason my wife hates that I drink them too often

I drank a few Monsters a year or two back when some hottie was giving them away down in Vegas. After drinking them I really did not like the way I felt. I don't know to this day what is in those drinks but that was my one and only time and I don't think I'll give them a second try.

I drank a few Monsters a year or two back when some hottie was giving them away down in Vegas. After drinking them I really did not like the way I felt. I don't know to this day what is in those drinks but that was my one and only time and I don't think I'll give them a second try.

And the mystery ingredients in those last year. :D

My restaurant lives on Red Bull and Diet Red Bull. I pound the latter to the tune of at least 1-2 day.

Some wanker foodie shmuck complained in an on-line food message board about the fact that he could see my line cooks were drinking these "horrid drinks" and he wondered how anyone who would do so could dare be a professional chef. This is where little foodie wanker needs to get his ass kicked. There's like 4 guys cranking out upwards of 180 meals a night, caffeine is pretty much required.

I agree detlef and to try and answer skippy main ingredients in most those drinks that supply the energy are :

Caffeine

Taurine ( red bull has made taurine famous )

Ginseng ( or panax ginseng )

Guarana ( which comes from a plant / fruit )

If you are not used to them they can hit you pretty good especially first time u try one

From the RedBull site:

Red Bull® Energy Drink is a functional drink and not a thirst quencher. Generally, you can compare its digestibility with that of coffee, and this is a good guide to the amount you can drink. It is recommended that the daily consumption including the consumption at one time of Red Bull® Energy Drink should conform to a person's intake of caffeine, and this varies from person to person. The caffeine in one can of Red Bull equals that of one cup of filtered coffee.

Sounds like coffee to me and I don't do well with coffee either.

Has no sugar and no calories. Hmmm.

Is it an unsweetened tea or does the raspberry suffice?

It has sucralose which is like Equal I think. No aspartame, no high fructose corn syrup.

Oh yes, and I have only found it in 7-11 where I usually buy all 8 bottles when they have them restocked.

It has sucralose which is like Equal I think. No aspartame, no high fructose corn syrup.

Oh yes, and I have only found it in 7-11 where I usually buy all 8 bottles when they have them restocked.

Cool, thanks! Will try one next time I remember to stop by a 7-11.

12 pack for under $21 http://bazzatea.elsstore.com/view/product/...36&cid=1173

Course, costs $15 shipping (for my location). Nevermind the link. LOL

Edited by Riffraff

I agree detlef and to try and answer skippy main ingredients in most those drinks that supply the energy are :

Caffeine

Taurine ( red bull has made taurine famous )

Ginseng ( or panax ginseng )

Guarana ( which comes from a plant / fruit )

If you are not used to them they can hit you pretty good especially first time u try one

I had two in one sitting last fall and spent the rest of the evening feeling like i just did a fat rail off the back of a toilet.

I will drink one if absolutely necessary, but there is tons of sugar in there and it kind of grosses me out when I think about it.