[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I got Travis Henry in the last pick of the 2nd round

rai

Is there something wrong with this guy that he lasted to 16? I had him listed as top 6 RB.

I usually hate Shanehan RBs (at least lately), I think that may have got people off Henry.

I can't recall who went before him, but Peyton and maybe one or two WRs (but not SS who I got 3.2).

Forgot to say it's a performance + TD league we start 1-qb, 2wr, 2rb, 1te, K and D.

I know 8 teams leagues there is a lot of talent, but here is my first 4 picks:

LT

Henry

SS

McNabb

Edited by rai

Is there something wrong with this guy that he lasted to 16? I had him listed as top 6 RB.

I usually hate Shanehan RBs (at least lately), I think that may have got people off Henry.

I can't recall who went before him, but Peyton and maybe one or two WRs (but not SS who I got 3.2).

Forgot to say it's a performance + TD league we start 1-qb, 2wr, 2rb, 1te, K and D.

I know 8 teams leagues there is a lot of talent, but here is my first 4 picks:

LT

Henry

SS

McNabb

People are worried that having 9 kids will take it's toll on him and come game day he will be very tired from changing all those diapers :D

8 team leagues do not count so I cannot answer the question...

Now let's not say 8 Team Leagues do not count..... I set up a 8 Team League for my 10 year old nephew..... With that much talent it really makes it more fun for the future Huddlers.......

Edited by ghengis_chan

I stopped reading at "8-team league."

Please delete post. :D

8 team leagues just need to be run correctly is all.....nothing wrong with a well run 8 teamer. My long time league (20 years) was an 8 team league. Bet we had more money involved than most of the pansy 12-16 team leagues out there.

That league gave true meaning to "Money League".... believe me.

8 team leagues just need to be run correctly is all.....nothing wrong with a well run 8 teamer. My long time league (20 years) was an 8 team league. Bet we had more money involved than most of the pansy 12-16 team leagues out there.

That league gave true meaning to "Money League".... believe me.

Well, the added money factor is one way to make an 8-team league better. Increasing the number of starters is even better.

I just think an 8-team league with 8 or 9 starters makes the competition a complete crap-shoot. Everyone has good starters and good depth, so the results are based more on luck than skill. :D

Well, the added money factor is one way to make an 8-team league better. Increasing the number of starters is even better.

I just think an 8-team league with 8 or 9 starters makes the competition a complete crap-shoot. Everyone has good starters and good depth, so the results are based more on luck than skill. :D

We had a 14 person lineup:

2 QB

3 RB

3 WR

2 TE

2 K

2 D

No more, no less, at each position.

It's all relative. The PGA doesn't always play with courses set up like the US Open. Just because it's easier to score, doesn't mean the best golfer doesn't win. Yes, everyone should have a relatively better team but that's pretty much it. It does two things. One, it forces you to examine the match-ups because you are more likely to have a good player on the bench. Two, you need to draft differently because there's no way Jerrious Norwood is more valuable than Drew Brees in an 8 team league (though DMD has Norwood about 8 spots ahead of him on the top 120).

It's just a different game.

Yes, adding extra starters is a good way to make it more competitive because it makes a deep team more important.

In response to the OP. I would have been happy to find Henry at 16 but would not rank that as the "steal of the draft". Hell, I was tepid about the notion of R Brown falling to me at 16 of a 8 team draft and DMD has him ranked higher than Henry.

It's all relative. The PGA doesn't always play with courses set up like the US Open. Just because it's easier to score, doesn't mean the best golfer doesn't win. Yes, everyone should have a relatively better team but that's pretty much it. It does two things. One, it forces you to examine the match-ups because you are more likely to have a good player on the bench. Two, you need to draft differently because there's no way Jerrious Norwood is more valuable than Drew Brees in an 8 team league (though DMD has Norwood about 8 spots ahead of him on the top 120).

It's just a different game.

Yes, adding extra starters is a good way to make it more competitive because it makes a deep team more important.

In response to the OP. I would have been happy to find Henry at 16 but would not rank that as the "steal of the draft". Hell, I was tepid about the notion of R Brown falling to me at 16 of a 8 team draft and DMD has him ranked higher than Henry.

Yea, I kind of drafted Henry b/c he was rated high but I'm not a big fan either. I had T Bell last year and didn't like Shanny and was really not happy about Henry / Denver but he could be a full time back.

We were going to be 10x2 (20 teams) but 4 people backed out on the day of the draft. I don't like 8-team, but the alternative 16 in one draft (?) would have been impossible since we were not scheduled at the same time..

Even for a 8 team league there has to be some bad drafting going on for you to end up with LT,Henry AND Smith.

Also got: Gonzo, TJ Housh, Driver, ward, Jamal and Caddilac, Hasselbeck + Pats D and Keading so I'm fairly happy. But 8-team so everyone has good players.

Even for a 8 team league there has to be some bad drafting going on for you to end up with LT,Henry AND Smith.

Well, he got to pick back to back with the Henry/Smith pick. It just takes one guy to pick Manning (which you can pretty much count on in a smaller league), someone to pick CJ and or TO instead of Smith as WR #1 and there's Smith assuming the rest are RBs. I actually had Smith as my #3 WR behind CJ and TO, so that part doesn't really surprise me.

Again, I wouldn't expect Henry to last until 16 but I had him at 12 overall, so it's not like he plummeted.

Also got: Gonzo, TJ Housh, Driver, ward, Jamal and Caddilac, Hasselbeck + Pats D and Keading so I'm fairly happy. But 8-team so everyone has good players.

That batch doesn't really knock me out. Hasselbeck at QB1 is not so hot in a small league. I'm not sure which two of those picks you took at 32/33, but I didn't have any ranked in my top 30.

Well, he got to pick back to back with the Henry/Smith pick. It just takes one guy to pick Manning (which you can pretty much count on in a smaller league), someone to pick CJ and or TO instead of Smith as WR #1 and there's Smith assuming the rest are RBs. I actually had Smith as my #3 WR behind CJ and TO, so that part doesn't really surprise me.

Again, I wouldn't expect Henry to last until 16 but I had him at 12 overall, so it's not like he plummeted.

I agree Henry was no plummett.

And me and you just see majorly different at the WR spot as I have Steve Smith as the hands down number 1 WR. IMO not only is he the best WR in football but he has the easiest schedule of any WR this year. the only that can stop him in my eyes is a injury.

I agree Henry was no plummett.

And me and you just see majorly different at the WR spot as I have Steve Smith as the hands down number 1 WR. IMO not only is he the best WR in football but he has the easiest schedule of any WR this year. the only that can stop him in my eyes is a injury.

Carolina averaged less than 17 pts a game last year. That's less than 2 TDs when you consider FGs. I live in NC and have been hearing nothing but grumbling this summer about the offense not only from the media but the team itself. Maybe they've got great poker faces, who knows. The guy with the inside track on the #2 WR is none of the above so he's not getting any help in terms of keeping Ds honest because the O-line is having a hell of a time establishing either Foster or Williams. Smith would basically have to score half the total TDs for the team to finish tops in that category for WRs. That seems like asking a lot.

Carolina averaged less than 17 pts a game last year. That's less than 2 TDs when you consider FGs. I live in NC and have been hearing nothing but grumbling this summer about the offense not only from the media but the team itself. Maybe they've got great poker faces, who knows. The guy with the inside track on the #2 WR is none of the above so he's not getting any help in terms of keeping Ds honest because the O-line is having a hell of a time establishing either Foster or Williams. Smith would basically have to score half the total TDs for the team to finish tops in that category for WRs. That seems like asking a lot.

I hear what you are saying and understand where you are coming from.but...When has Smith not had double teams?

As far as the offense goes. as I said before...they got the schedule to put up nice passing stats this year and the best WR in the league should benefit the most I would think.JMO.