[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jon Kitna was just dropped in my league

stokers

either Matt Hasselbeck or Matt Leinart for him?

Also, I would drop from 5th to 10th on the waiver wire list, which isn't to big of a deal.

Btw, the guy who dropped Kitna picked up Farve for him. Just crazy!!!!

I would take Kitna over Leinart, but not over Hasselbeck. Kitna has been in the league for years, and no coach has made him into a qualified QB in my opinion. I don't know how that would change, even if Joe Montana himself was coaching Kitna. He's serviceable, but Matt (injury or not) has been the better of the two for a few years now, and I don't see that changing.

I would take Kitna over Leinart, but not over Hasselbeck. Kitna has been in the league for years, and no coach has made him into a qualified QB in my opinion. I don't know how that would change, even if Joe Montana himself was coaching Kitna. He's serviceable, but Matt (injury or not) has been the better of the two for a few years now, and I don't see that changing.

Kitna has no running back, no defense, and Mike Martz calling his plays. Hasselbeck theoretically has a running game to hand off too, a reasonable defense capable of limiting scores, and what is ultimately a conservative coach calling his plays.

The only knock on Kitna is INTs and potentially some health issues, and general mediocrity.

Yes... Take Kitna. I think he's going to have a great season. I also think his backfield will work out for FF owners of Kitna... Bell can catch the ball out of the backfield and you know what KJ brings if healthy. I'd drop Hass... Kitna has problems with the INT but lets be honest, Hasselbeck is no gunslinger... I'd take Kitna over Hasselbeck...

I would definitely pick up Kitna!! Looking at who to drop is sort of difficult as I view the 2 players, Hasslebeck and Leinart, as relatively equal. However, I'd drop Hasselbeck as Leinart has the easier schedule, better fantasy playoff schedule as well and better core of WRs to throw too.

Hass

Leinart

A. Johnson

R. Wayne

Colston

Rudi Johnson

Ronnie Brown

Bradon Jacobs

E. James

B. Watson

J. Galloway

Josh Brown

The rest are defensive players that I can't drop

Hasselbeck is still definitely the player you should drop as I said above.

Thank Mr. Hasselback for his time and drop him! Kitna is gonna be the poor man's fantasy stud this year and Leinart is the real deal IMO. Hasselback has absolutely no upside anymore and if you have Kitna you can afford to keep the guy with upside.

Edited by HORRIBLEVICE

Thank Mr. Hasselback for his time and drop him! Kitna is gonna be the poor man's fantasy stud this year and Leinart is the real deal IMO. Hasselback has absolutely no upside anymore and if you have Kitna you can afford to keep the guy with upside.

Drop Leinert he sucks. Will never be that good of an nfl qb

Leinart is the least proven of the 3. I would drop him and take Kitna.
I agree

However you are not getting Peyton or anything those three are about the same +/- either could be better one week worse the other

Hass is not washed up, last year he had one 5-TD game and three 3-TD games. He was hurt last year so he missed 4 and a half games.

I have them Kitna > Hass > Leinart

Leinart had 11 TDs last year Hass 18 TDs in about the same amount of games.

Kitna has the most upside which is why I like him but I don't think he's a top-5 QB.

Edited by rai

I think it's a Coin flip! They are close but I do feel like you should get Kitna I think he is going to have a great year. I agree that Linart has proven the least but has the most upside? But what is that....a shot in the dark a coin flip!

So I would dump him and go with the proven player, that is if I wasn't a gambler; so what I would do is dump Hasselbeck pick up Kitna and run him with Matt. ALL DAY. sir IMO

Edited by MrGameTime

Leinart has better targets to throw to than Hass. Hass proven himself to be a bonifide NFL QB, but I don't think Hass will get any better than he is right now and Leinart is still improving. I think Leinart will throw more. In short, while Hass would be ranked higher preseason, Leinart has more upside.

Since it's your BU QB, I'd be willing to go with the upside and uncertainty and keep Leinart.

Of course if you do. Someone else will be posting on some forum about how some guy just dropped Hasselbeck and should I drop so-and-so to pick him up, etc.

When do waivers process? Maybe, in the meantime, you could trade Hass and Watson for an upgrade at TE?

Thanks to all of you for the input.... however just when I think of dropping Leinart, 3 or 4 in a row said to drop Hass. Ljbrun, I thought of the exact same thing that you suggested, by trying to trade Hass and Watson to upgrade my TE. The only thing with that is that I make the trade, but one of the four guys in front of me take Kitna before I can get him. Remember, I'm 5th on the waiver wire, and I need to decide by late tonight what I'm going to do.