[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

Who: Cunning Linguist.  Long suffering BearsWhite Sox, Red Sox fan. I know, weird mix. Bleed for all of them but not in a "Ditka for president" way. Still on a high from last years World Series with the spankees... oh thats right, they played the Cardinals :D  I also laugh when the cubs lose.

What: Art Director, Webmaster. I own a small Ad Agency. It would be a great biz if it wasn't for the clients!

When: The fact that ive had my 20 year HS reunion was a painful enough... the 20 yr College one is around the corner, should tell you something. My wife says i have shoes that are older than most of the guys in my leauges. Since i still have my original Spicoli checkered Vans, i guess shes right.

Where: Southwest lower Michigan, right on the Lake. (and no love for any pro Michigan sports team) Big Blue fan, and of course the alma mater, Ferris State Bulldogs.

Why: Having people work for you leaves alot of time to screw around online and dig into stats. Plus i cant Golf in the winter as much!  I cant get enough of the avatars either. There are some really funny and creative people in here.

Fantasy Bio: Play both baseball & football leauges since about 1990 before it was "cool". Huddler for 4, only on the board since last year but love to lurk. I seem to finish in the top 1-3 in all 3 i play in each year. Ive been told i have a nose for talent. I think its because im a slack at the office and spend way too much time oline.

900876[/snapback]

White Sox and Red Sox Fan ? :D You should be introduced to Bill Swerski.

White Sox and Red Sox Fan ?  :D  You should be introduced to Bill Swerski.

900882[/snapback]

I know, i get that alot. I am one of the lead paint generation. It hasn't been an issue till this year! Anybody from the Chicago area thats around my age remembers Ray Raynor. He had a baseball hat that was 1/2 Sox & 1/2 Cubs that he turned around depending on who won. I need one of those with just Sox.

Swerski frightens me, i dont think he likes clowns. :D

This was just to get a rise out of you!  :D  I know the records of the two programs all too well, my old man is a huge Vandals fan.  On the boards you don't find alot of people from the Idaho/Montana area, so it's fun to throw some smack around.  I was born in Spokane, and lived for awhile in St. Maries, but grew up in Missoula.  Talk more later  :D

894924[/snapback]

Right on, I work with a Griz alum, so the past couple of games have been painful for me. St. Maries is beautiful. We have some friends who live there. Gotta have a boat, or know someone who does. Tough to beat the boating. :D

Who: Cunning Linguist.  Long suffering BearsWhite Sox, Red Sox fan. I know, weird mix. Bleed for all of them but not in a "Ditka for president" way. Still on a high from last years World Series with the spankees... oh thats right, they played the Cardinals :D  I also laugh when the cubs lose.

What: Art Director, Webmaster. I own a small Ad Agency. It would be a great biz if it wasn't for the clients!

When: The fact that ive had my 20 year HS reunion was a painful enough... the 20 yr College one is around the corner, should tell you something. My wife says i have shoes that are older than most of the guys in my leauges. Since i still have my original Spicoli checkered Vans, i guess shes right.

Where: Southwest lower Michigan, right on the Lake. (and no love for any pro Michigan sports team) Big Blue fan, and of course the alma mater, Ferris State Bulldogs.

Why: Having people work for you leaves alot of time to screw around online and dig into stats. Plus i cant Golf in the winter as much!  I cant get enough of the avatars either. There are some really funny and creative people in here.

Fantasy Bio: Play both baseball & football leauges since about 1990 before it was "cool". Huddler for 4, only on the board since last year but love to lurk. I seem to finish in the top 1-3 in all 3 i play in each year. Ive been told i have a nose for talent. I think its because im a slack at the office and spend way too much time oline.

900876[/snapback]

No love for the hometown teams? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Puddy, Furd, Egret, and all of the other Detroit fans are very disappointed. You haven't enjoyed the Stones and Wings titles of the past decade and a half? Or the Tigers in 84 and 68? That has to hurt.

Who: Robash, Giants Homer

What: F-16 Crew Chief in the USAF

When: 27, old enough to go through the good, the bad, and the ugly of NYG football

Where: Kunsan AB, South Korea for the next 9 months

Why: love all things sports, and this is the closest ill probbly ever come to being a general manager

Fantasy Bio: Started in a fraternity league in 96 and been playing ever since.

No love for the hometown teams?  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Puddy, Furd, Egret, and all of the other Detroit fans are very disappointed.    You haven't enjoyed the Stones and Wings titles of the past decade and a half?  Or the Tigers in 84 and 68?    That has to hurt.

901976[/snapback]

Its a proximity thing. Though in Michigan, were only 50 miles from Chicago so all we ever saw or heard on the TV & radio growing up was Chi town teams.

"Unabashed Hatred" is a good way to describe the Piss-tons and Deadwings around here. The Lions and Tigers don't even get the courtesy of a reach-around. Thats what makes sports great though isnt it? Giving your boys the business when your teams beats the crap out of theirs, or getting it just as bad the other way around? You gotta love that!

Who: Hiphopanonamous, Bears fan, have to love a team with such a history of great LBs and RBs

What: Recent college grad so basically unemployed... anyone hiring?

When: 22, ..... they just grow up so quick these days

Where: the town that brought you Ernie Davis( the guy who broke Jim Browns rushing records at Syracuse), Elmira NY

Why: After playing football for 10 years I need this, of course the first time is free, thats how you get hooked, soon one league doesnt do it for you like it use too, what use to be 1 admissions fee has turned into 8. Food and Sleep are after thoughts.... sooo anyway anyone still hiring? cause that would be great.

Fantasy Bio: This will be the 5th year, Im in 5 leagues, 3 online and 1 live all 10 team leagues, and then 1 online salary cap leauge.

Who am I: Big Mike is a big teddy bear that lovs to eat about 3 dozen wings and root for his NY Giants on Sundays

What do I do: I am a 4th grade teacher in Newburgh, NY.

When did I get here: Im just a baby, I'm 24 years young.

Where did I come from: Born and raised my entire life in Syracuse, NY (GO ORANGE!) and now I live in Orange County NY (about 40 min from NYC)

Why here: Seems to me like there is some awsome info and some dedicated people here. Had no choice but to join = )

Fantasy Bio: 3rd year

2003 - 2 league, 10 teams each , 2x CHAMPS!!!

2004 - 2 leagues, 10 teams each, 6th place and 9th place.

2005 - 4 leagues, 12 teams each, ???????

Can't wait till September!!

BigMike

Who am I: Big Mike is a big teddy bear that lovs to eat about 3 dozen wings and root for his NY Giants on Sundays

Where did I come from: Born and raised my entire life in Syracuse, NY (GO ORANGE!) and now I live in Orange County NY (about 40 min from NYC)

Why here: Seems to me like there is some awsome info and some dedicated people here.  Had no choice but to join = )

BigMike

914656[/snapback]

Another teacher! :D

Why here: Seems to me like there is some awsome info and some dedicated people here.  Had no choice but to join = )

BigMike

914656[/snapback]

:D Picture??

WHO: Fitzkek is an enormous Philadelphia sports fan. The Eagles are a team I live and die with all year long. I've died about 4 million times already.

WHAT: Teacher (Jack of all trades -- master of none

WHEN: 29 years. I think 30 is going to suck.

WHERE: South Jersey. It should be it's own state, because North Jersey is really a wanna be area of New York. And South Jersey is a wanna be region of Philly. It is a very torn state. :D

WHY: I'v been a member for a few years, but I'm relatively new to the message boards. This site is the best around. I like the fact that you can talk football at all times and get excellent info. from both the site and it's members.

BIO: Nothing to brag about. I'm in 3 leagues. The most competitive league I'm in is with member: MENUDO!! (pittsburg whack job)

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!

WHO: Fitzkek is an enormous Philadelphia sports fan.  The Eagles are a team I live and die with all year long.  I've died about 4 million times already.

WHAT: Teacher  (Jack of all trades -- master of none

WHEN: 29 years.  I think 30 is going to suck.

WHERE:  South Jersey.  It should be it's own state, because North Jersey is really a wanna be area of New York.  And South Jersey is a wanna be region of Philly.  It is a very torn state.  :D

WHY:  I'v been a member for a few years, but I'm relatively new to the message boards.  This site is the best around.  I like the fact that you can talk football at all times and get excellent info. from both the site and it's members.

BIO:  Nothing to brag about.  I'm in 3 leagues.  The most competitive league I'm in is with member: MENUDO!!  (pittsburg whack job)

E-A-G-L-E-S  EAGLES!!!!

914774[/snapback]

And yet another teacher! Woo...HOO! :D

Who: B Man

What: BYU Senior. Brand new to TheHuddle but loving it so far.

When: 23 years old, married, child on the way

Where: From California (no particular favorite NFL team, just a huge fan)

Why: I love Fantasy Football, I LOVE Fantasy Football

Fantasy Bio: 4th year, I usually only have one team in a league of friends but this year I'm in two other public leagues but just for the Fantasy experience. My friend league is still THE league for me. I have always been a fantasy novice (a couple hours a week at the most, low stakes, etc.), but this year I have decided to take it to the next level (from hobby to obsession). I'm excited to get help and tap into the experience of all you Huddler experts.

Who: Andrew -- Big time Bears fan

What: Student and soon to be high school senior

When: 17, I'm young gives me plenty of time to do my research...late nights

Where: Outside suburbs of Chicago

Why: Football is the best professional sport and I want to get involved. Running a team, a league or whatever is a part of me.

Fantasy Bio: I have played for 4 years winning once in a friendly league and coming in third last year in my "important" league getting killed by Drew Bennet last year. You wonder how Drew Bennet can outscore LT and Mcgahee. It hurt really badly

Edited by goldengrhm1

Who: Andrew -- Big time Bears fan

What: Student and soon to be high school senior

When: 17, I'm young gives me plenty of time to do my research...late nights

Where: Outside suburbs of Chicago

Why: Football is the best professional sport and I want to get involved. Running a team, a league or whatever is a part of me.

Fantasy Bio: I have played for 4 years winning once in a friendly league and coming in third last year in my "important" league getting killed by Drew Bennet last year. You wonder how Drew Bennet can outscore LT and Mcgahee. It hurt really badly

918869[/snapback]

I used to teach at COD. What HS?

Yankees cannot call people carpetbaggers.  Besides my mom's side of the family has lived in Texas (the real South) since the 1800s.  :D

919351[/snapback]

Well, you apparently are half a dam yankee. Friggin Half-breed!

Well, you apparently are half a dam yankee.  Friggin Half-breed!

920541[/snapback]

I am all Yankee and Proud! :D