[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO sees no difference between dog fighting and hunting deer

Randall

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mohandas Gandhi

I'm gonna go with Gandhi over Stephon Marbury, Whoopi FatTart and Terrell Headcase.

and as a Knicks Fan i would prefer Gandhi running the offense over Marbury as well :D

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mohandas Gandhi

I'm gonna go with Gandhi over Stephon Marbury, Whoopi FatTart and Terrell Headcase.

Um, so how is that not a condemnation of hunting and a validation of what TO is saying? You think Ghandi would split hairs between one kind of killing and another?

Edited by billay

All my friends who are hunters , eat the meat from the deer they kill ...big difference from dog fighting

In addition after watching specials on tv about dog fighting its a lot worse than I ever imagined and consists of worse actions including stealing dogs ( pets ) from peoples yards and taping their mouths shut. Then throwing the animal into the pit so the fighting dog can get practice killing

Their is very little comparison imho between dog fighting and hunting other than both involve animals ..that's my apples to apples

The quote is valid whether or not one is vegetarian, which Gandhi indeed was. The point is the humane treatment of animals. The quote mentions nations but by extension it also clearly applies to individuals.

Animal farms are humane? Obviously that is a different thread....but I think you can get the gist of my point. And I get yours...I guess we are only squabbling over matters of degree.

Um, so how is that not a condemnation of hunting and a validation of what TO is saying? You think Ghandi would split hairs between one kind of killing and another?

It is not a condemnation, more an observation. For damn sure a line can be drawn between people hunting animals they subsequently eat and dispatching them as fast as possible versus a bunch of drooling cretins standing around a pit in which two dogs are fighting to the death for their pleasure.

Animal farms are humane? Obviously that is a different thread....but I think you can get the gist of my point. And I get yours...I guess we are only squabbling over matters of degree.

The quote says that "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Note the use of the word progress. Progress is being made in all these areas, slowly but surely and it will continue to be made.

It is not a condemnation, more an observation. For damn sure a line can be drawn between people hunting animals they subsequently eat and dispatching them as fast as possible versus a bunch of drooling cretins standing around a pit in which two dogs are fighting to the death for their pleasure.

Somehow, I think Mr. Ghandi's line would find both on the same side...

Now that I've had time to mull this over, it comes down to, other than being illegal, there is nothing wrong with dog fighting or Vick's treatment of his animals.

The bottom line is that dogs and pets are property. And unless an animal is a treat to the public health, then it should be the perogative of the owner how he treats that animal. Its none of the governments business.

Now that I've had time to mull this over, it comes down to, other than being illegal, there is nothing wrong with dog fighting or Vick's treatment of his animals.

The bottom line is that dogs and pets are property. And unless an animal is a treat to the public health, then it should be the perogative of the owner how he treats that animal. Its none of the governments business.

This is utter drivel and can only be a :D expedition.

If you use deer corn and salt licks I don't much care for your hunting tactics.

I'm not opposed to hunting. I'd consider myself a conservationist not an environmentalist and most all of my friends and family hunt. Not a big venison fan, except for the jerky.

:D Hmm, with all your plight I might just have to send you some this fall.

This is utter drivel and can only be a :D expedition.

It might not be the most moral thing...but animals are property....private even. I don't see how his argument can be tainted through a true constitutional argument. This is exactly the reason why we have seperation of church and state. Now if someone else hurts my animal, they violate my property and are generally charged with a misdemeanor. While I find this argument morally flawed...from a purely constitutional standpoint it appears solid.

I love how every hunter out there is a superior marksman. :D

i hope u are a vegetarian??

more deer are killed buy cars than bow and muzzleloader hunters every year ...

and of coarse there are slob hunters... just like there are slob lawyers, cops, politicians, teachers, IT guys, mc d's burger flippers etc.

It might not be the most moral thing...but animals are property....private even. I don't see how his argument can be tainted through a true constitutional argument. This is exactly the reason why we have seperation of church and state. Now if someone else hurts my animal, they violate my property and are generally charged with a misdemeanor. While I find this argument morally flawed...from a purely constitutional standpoint it appears solid.

Exactly. What Vick did is morally bankrupt (in most people's eye), but IMHO, the protection of private propoerty trumps morals, and the state should (but will never) respect that.

Exactly. What Vick did is morally bankrupt (in most people's eye), but IMHO, the protection of private propoerty trumps morals, and the state should (but will never) respect that.

So let me get this straight. You are saying that animals = property, ergo there must never be any protection in place for them because it's unconstitutional?

So I should be able to go up the Animal Refuge Center, buy 50 dogs, cats, etc and spend a happy afternoon stringing them up, torturing and burning them all in my back yard without any fear or consequence, is that it?

Are you f'n insane?