[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let the Benson Bashing Begin

SpinalTapp

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really need to learn how to read and comprehend, I thought you were better than that.

Only thing you said is:

"He COULDN'T help them."

There were no context clues around your sentence. The only thing it says is Grossman couldn't help his team. I then applied your statement to more than 1 game, in which he has continually not helped his team to victories...unless you count the wins against Detroit as good.

Edited by CD6405

Only thing you said is:

"He COULDN'T help them."

There were no context clues around your sentence. The only thing it says is Grossman couldn't help his team. I then applied your statement to the more than 1 game, which he has continually not helped his team to victories...unless you count the wins against Detroit as good.

My post was in reference to what I said before, which you didn't understand either obviously. My bad. :D

And to think Grossman hasn't helped this team at all is stupid too. He will never be a franchise quarterback where you build a team around, and he isn't asked to be one. But you don't quarterback your team to a Super Bowl and "not help his team to victories."

Edited by Goopster24

My post was in reference to what I said before, which you didn't understand either obviously. My bad. :D

And to think Grossman hasn't helped this team at all is stupid too. He will never be a franchise quarterback where you build a team around, and he isn't asked to be one. But you don't quarterback your team to a Super Bowl and "not help his team to victories."

The Bears could have made it to the Super Bowl with any other QB at the helm. Grossman didn't get them there, the amazing Bears Defense did. Grossman has a lot of physical skills, but Kyle Orton won a ton of games too in 2005.

Grossman will never be a good QB in the NFL because of the system he was in under Spurrier. It has nothing to do with finding the open routes, or figuring out the defense. It is all about timing and quick releases, Grossman never had to learn how to figure out defenses. He had amazing talent around him at Florida with tons of speed that could always get open. All of Spurriers offenses are right when you hit the last step of your drop back, you take that step forward and throw. You can't always do that in the NFL, because defenses are fast.

The Bears could have made it to the Super Bowl with any other QB at the helm. Grossman didn't get them there, the amazing Bears Defense did. Grossman has a lot of physical skills, but Kyle Orton won a ton of games too in 2005.

Grossman will never be a good QB in the NFL because of the system he was in under Spurrier. It has nothing to do with finding the open routes, or figuring out the defense. It is all about timing and quick releases, Grossman never had to learn how to figure out defenses. He had amazing talent around him at Florida with tons of speed that could always get open. All of Spurriers offenses are right when you hit the last step of your drop back, you take that step forward and throw. You can't always do that in the NFL, because defenses are fast.

He already is a "good" QB in the NFL. He is far from a "great" quarterback. To blame it on Spurrier's system is interesting but I don't buy into that line of thinking that much. Grossman has been away from that system long enough and his first couple of years in the NFL, he had to learn several different playbooks. That didn't help him.

It really bothers me because if the offensive line looked like they did on Sunday the rest of the season, Grossman WILL do sh!tty. And people will continue bashing on him, this time which will be very unwarranted. Do I still have confidence in Grossman? No doubt but this offensive line is scaring me with the age.

If he is good, who is fair or bad? :D

Only 1 QB had more INTs than Grossman last year...Jon Kitna

His QB Rating was 73.9, 24th out of 32 QBs. (Amazingly enough, 1 ahead of Brett Favre lol.)

sooo, i guess he's as good as Favre!

Gosh...again....perspective. This is his second full season. What was Peyton doing in his second full season?

As a Benson owner I think most you are over reacting. Benson played one of the top 5 Defenses in the first game of the year. Now if he lays an egg at KC then blow the guy up. With the chicago D creating field position opportunities I have to beleive that Benson will be given more opportunities to prove himself. I see Benson having 4 very good games until their bye week. Against KC 90 yards 1 td 3 receptions for 30. Thats my prediction.

Gosh...again....perspective. This is his second full season. What was Peyton doing in his second full season?

Peyton was more effective as a rookie than Grossman was last year. He got better as the '98 season went on, while Rex actually regressed last year.

Plus, even with the injuries and OC changes, Rex has been in the league long enough (in his FIFTH year now) that he should know how to do basic things at the pro level: like progress through his reads and not throw to his primary target if he's double-covered. And his completion percentage is still hovering in the mid-50's.

This is his make-or-break year. If Rex doesn't cut down his turnovers, he'll be holding a chipboard for the rest of his career.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Peyton was more effective as a rookie than Grossman was last year. He got better as the '98 season went on, while Rex actually regressed last year.

Plus, even with the injuries and OC changes, Rex has been in the league long enough (in his FIFTH year now) that he should know how to do basic things at the pro level: like progress through his reads and not throw to his primary target if he's double-covered. And his completion percentage is still hovering in the mid-50's.

This is his make-or-break year. If Rex doesn't cut down his turnovers, he'll be holding a chipboard for the rest of his career.

You can only progress through reads if you play. He played what....5-6 games in 2005 and 2006 was his full season. My point was that Peyton didn't do so hot his first full year. His second year he improved some. It took him how long to get to the superbowl. My point is Rex is one to two years away from a complete judgement day in my eyes.

But I agree, Rex does need to cut down on his turnovers for sure...and I think he will this year. Last year Rex would have thrown 3 interceptions in a game like San Diego....so I saw marked improvement.

As a Benson owner I think most you are over reacting. Benson played one of the top 5 Defenses in the first game of the year. Now if he lays an egg at KC then blow the guy up. With the chicago D creating field position opportunities I have to beleive that Benson will be given more opportunities to prove himself. I see Benson having 4 very good games until their bye week. Against KC 90 yards 1 td 3 receptions for 30. Thats my prediction.

I agree. last year we heard the same thing about Thomas Jones the 1st 2 games as he did nothing.

Benson will have a nice game against K.C. this week and everyone will move over to someone else to be down on.

That makes too much sense. :D I prefer to hate Benson.

:D And I hope he continues to suck.

You can only progress through reads if you play. He played what....5-6 games in 2005 and 2006 was his full season.

You can progress through plenty of reads in practice and in the pre-season.

My point was that Peyton didn't do so hot his first full year.

He threw 26 TDs and over 3,700 yds as a ROOKIE on a terrible team. He also improved significantly over the course of the season, which is saying a lot because almost nobody plays QB well as a rookie.

Rex, on the other hand, threw for less than 3,200 yds with a stud defense in his FOURTH year in the league.

His second year he improved some.

He cut his INTs almost in half, threw for over 4,100 yds, and made the Pro Bowl. That's a pretty significant improvement.

It took him how long to get to the superbowl.

That has nothing to do with how Peyton played as a QB. Dan Fouts never made it to a SB and few of today's QBs could hold his jock.

My point is Rex is one to two years away from a complete judgement day in my eyes.

That's ridiculous. :D Rex has to play well NOW. I don't care about his injuries, this is his FIFTH year in the league. He's freaking 27 already!