[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LJ

splotchman

LJ was pretty limited this week both due to Herm, and more importantly, stinky KC offense. LJ faces the Bears, Vikings, and Chargers in the next 3 games, so his production could be pretty brutal. Schedule gets a little easier, but my gut is telling me LJ may not be much better.

I honestly think you have to think you have to demote LJ from the "always start your studs" tier now and consider benching him over the next month for solid RB2's like Henry or A.Peterson. Thoughts?

Unless you're in a keeper/dynasty and owned him, You shouldn't of drafted LJ to begin with if you feared the schedule. I think he fell to 7th or 8th in my redraft on Saturday. I passed him at 6 for Gore myself w/o a 2nd thought.

Downgrade in the line and nothing at the QB position, this had/has disaster written all over it

Given the state of the KC offense and how the both the Bears and Charges played this week I am going to be benching LJ vs CHI and SD but playing him vs MIN.

Benching a consensus top 4 pick for second tier RBs ?

:D

Yup. In this situation just might have to at least for next week. LT had trouble getting things going against the Bears and that was at home plus I don't see Larry Johnson throwing any TD passes anytime soon. :D

Edited by RaiderSteve

KC will be doing well to end up 5-11 ... and, I a KC Homer, have been saying this all offseason (except when I was saying they'd be doing well to end up 6-10).

I'm telling my friends to start watching Louisville's football games so we can get an early glimpse at who'll be QBing us next year.

Benching a consensus top 4 pick for second tier RBs ?

I am well aware of all the risks that LJ had going against him this season. No new news here. The draft is over, and I am well aware that 1 data point does not make a trend. I am just seeing what folks thoughts are now going forward.

I fundamentally agree with Furd it seems crazy to bench LJ, but if the Bears can hold LT to only about 30 yards on like 15 carries, how well is LJ going to do? Might be overthinking this, but I really think you've gotta treat LJ like a matchup guy now until he shows he can produce. THIS season.

I am well aware of all the risks that LJ had going against him this season. No new news here. The draft is over, and I am well aware that 1 data point does not make a trend. I am just seeing what folks thoughts are now going forward.

I fundamentally agree with Furd it seems crazy to bench LJ, but if the Bears can hold LT to only about 30 yards on like 15 carries, how well is LJ going to do? Might be overthinking this, but I really think you've gotta treat LJ like a matchup guy now until he shows he can produce. THIS season.

Agreed,,

The guy had 43 yards on only 10 carries and another 40 or so yards on 7 receptions. That's 15 points in PPR leagues

He is going to get more work next week.

It cracks me up how so many people change their whole outlook of the season after only one game, in this case from top 3 or 4 guy to the bench for stiffs like Benson.

Ya, I was thinking of Benching LJ also. Giving thoughts of putting Benson in his spot at home against the Chiefs instead.

Now, maybe I can see a sneaky play of giving LJ a break vs the Bears, but for Benson?

I'd rather start the guy from Benson than Chicago's Benson!

Isn't he getting a "lightload" in the first few weeks. So after the Chi. game expect LJ to be back in form.

G ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LoST

2005 KAN 16 336 1750 5.2 49 20 97 5 4

2006 KAN 16 416 1789 4.3 47 17 91 2 2

Play a guy with these stats based on matchups? Just wait it out a few weeks...maybe I'm just being optimistic because he's on my team haha.

But yea, I'll probably sit him too this week against Chicageo.

Edited by broncos00

The guy had 43 yards on only 10 carries and another 40 or so yards on 7 receptions. That's 15 points in PPR leagues

He is going to get more work next week.

It cracks me up how so many people change their whole outlook of the season after only one game, in this case from top 3 or 4 guy to the bench for stiffs like Benson.

If I didnt have him in my keeper league, I probably would have avoided drafting him but now would be looking to trade for him on the cheap.

I would not bench him if I would be playing guys like Warrick Dunn,Marion Barber,Julius Jones or Tatum bell. but if I only started 2 backs and had Portis or Benson with a much better matchup I would go that route.

I could of just said "it depends on your backups"I suppose.

Why dont you guys look at what MBIII did in Week 16 last season and decide if benching LJ for MBIII is a good idea.

LJ wont get you ZERO ever unless he gets hurt in warmups.

Wow, I can't believe the amount of owners leaping off the LJ express. I was certainly glad my matchup against the LJ owner was during the first week of the season, when it was very likely that LJ might not be utilized too much. But to own LJ and consider benching him after one week? For Benson? Who had a 2.5 YPC average?

Maybe I'm just old school, but WOW to benching LJ already. :D

The Grey Pilgrim

I would not bench him if I would be playing guys like Warrick Dunn,Marion Barber,Julius Jones or Tatum bell. but if I only started 2 backs and had Portis or Benson with a much better matchup I would go that route.

I could of just said "it depends on your backups"I suppose.

Play 2 have LJ , Henry & AP. might sit LJ if Taylor is out, not sure yet