[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Something isn't right....

rocknrobn26

My wife has problem w/ heart burn. She's tried several meds, but they didn't agree w/ her. The last script the DR.gave her was Nexium. For several days she had no energy, diarrhea, and cramps. She stopped taking it and felt better but the heartburn is back bigtime. She decided to try the Nexium again and when she poured the pills out their were 2 that looked nothing like the Nexium! :D Now she's worried that the bottle was tampered with. Walgreens claims they are sealed from the factory. Poison control won't do anything, unless the suspect capsules had lettering. We went thru all our pills and can't find anything that looks like them.

What should we do???? Call the cops? Send them to a lab at our cost? Call a lawyer (I hate that sugg, but.....)?

I really need some help. My wife is in a panic.

Help!!

I would go see a local Pharmacist(Not Walmart/Walgreens/etc) to see if they can identify the pills.

We did. They said it's a factory bottle and they could not have put in the bogus pills.

I have a call into Walgreens Corporate. Waiting for a return call.

I would certainly try to figue out what the other pills are. Maybe a different pharmacy could look at them and tell you what they are?

FWIW - my sister had almost the same reaction to Nexium when she was taking them. She never could get passed it and can't take it. So maybe it is just a natural side effect for some people. :D

I would certainly try to figue out what the other pills are. Maybe a different pharmacy could look at them and tell you what they are?

FWIW - my sister had almost the same reaction to Nexium when she was taking them. She never could get passed it and can't take it. So maybe it is just a natural side effect for some people. :D

Very true, Skip. I had a problem w/ a generic, and went back to Prevacid and all is fine. She may have gotten a reaction to the Nexium also, but what concerns me is what those other pills are and what I should do about it.

The pharmacy can't ID it.

Poison Control said the same.

The hospital said she could do an E-room visit and they would try, but not guarantee an ID.

Walgreens wants to send them back to the manufacturer, but I don't want to lose control of the evidence. (God I hate that word)

:D

Edit for:

Good point on the photos, Fatman! Thanks.

Edited by rocknrobn26

If there are any identifying markings on the tablets, you can identify them. Try rxlist.com. Or just google identifying pills and you'll get a list. Might give her some piece of mind if she knows what she took at least.

Thanks Rez, but there are no marks on the pills, actually capsules! That is why no one can ID them.

I'm real close to calling a lawyer, just to find out what we should do. :D

Thanks Rez, but there are no marks on the pills, actually capsules! That is why no one can ID them.

I'm real close to calling a lawyer, just to find out what we should do. :D

I know you said it wasn't the option you necessarily wanted to take, but in this case, Tom, I think it is most advisable to contact an attorney. Immediately.

:D I'd liketo avoid that, but thanks for your opinion.

doenst sound like you are getting anywhere with walgreens or poison cntrl. the lawyer would give you advise on how to handle, who to call, what info to take down, etc. probably want to get the ball rolling sooner than later if just for safety concerns for your wife and possibly the public. imo

Edited by dmarc117

Did she take one of the pills that didn't look like nexium, or are you guys unsure?

I'd get your personal MD involved, and document everything (obviously) also, I would under no circumstances give those pills back to Walgreens for testing. You'll never see them again IMO.

The wife just called back Walgreens. They want her to bring in ALL the pills and send them back to the manufacturer. Not happening until I talk to someone in the know.

I decided to call a neighbor (left a voice mail at his home) who has a firm that deals w/ medical malpractice, liability, personal injury, etc..

We'll see what happens. Dam, I didn't want to do that, but................. :D

Maybe it is Nexium but wrong capsules were used? I wouldn't over react yet but thats me.

And yes Nexium has those sideaffects (you can google). I am sure the pills your wife did take is Nexium I just wouldnt take those pills. Contact Nexium and explain them you situation.

Thanks, and you maybe right, but I'll wait for a return call from the neighbor.

Did she take one of the pills that didn't look like nexium, or are you guys unsure?

I'd get your personal MD involved, and document everything (obviously) also, I would under no circumstances give those pills back to Walgreens for testing. You'll never see them again IMO.

Unsure.

Agree w/ the rest.

The wife just called back Walgreens. They want her to bring in ALL the pills and send them back to the manufacturer. Not happening until I talk to someone in the know.

I decided to call a neighbor (left a voice mail at his home) who has a firm that deals w/ medical malpractice, liability, personal injury, etc..

We'll see what happens. Dam, I didn't want to do that, but................. :D

I would stop dealing directly with the store in question until you hear back from your neighbor. This is one of those things that simply by telling Walgreens corporate that you'll be 'lawyering up' will get their attention on this matter very swiftly, whether or not you do actually hire one.

Thats exactly what I was going to ask..No doubt this would make anyone anxious RR and my best goes out to you and the Mrs..I think if she didnt take one that didnt look like nexium your worry level should go down..If she did I dont think its catostrophic but you would even more so want to identify that other pill asap. How many hours has it been since she last took any of this stuff? Im wondering the tiem frame it would take for it to pass through her system and her to be out of the woods if it wasnt nexium but another pill packaged by mistake. I think a mistake may have been made more so then tampering..Maybe the plant that packages Nexium packages other medications and there was a mix up. I know that wouldnt be the best news in the world but if that were the case I would think it will pass and she will be fine..I understand your frustrations and you can never be too careful. I truly feel she will be OK though..

Thats exactly what I was going to ask..No doubt this would make anyone anxious RR and my best goes out to you and the Mrs..I think if she didnt take one that didnt look like nexium your worry level should go down..If she did I dont think its catostrophic but you would even more so want to identify that other pill asap. How many hours has it been since she last took any of this stuff? Im wondering the tiem frame it would take for it to pass through her system and her to be out of the woods if it wasnt nexium but another pill packaged by mistake. I think a mistake may have been made more so then tampering..Maybe the plant that packages Nexium packages other medications and there was a mix up. I know that wouldnt be the best news in the world but if that were the case I would think it will pass and she will be fine..I understand your frustrations and you can never be too careful. I truly feel she will be OK though..

Thanks whomp! She stopped taking it 2-3 days ago and was gonna restart today because the heartburn is so bad.

There are a lot of possibilities, I'm just paranoid enough not to trust Walgreens or the manufacturer, and will wait for the call back from the neighbor.