[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How long before Lovie pulls Grossman?

PSULions

If he can't pass adequately against the Lions next week, then Lovie will know what we know, that Rex isn't the answer, and isn't anyone's QB of the future. Grossman was just awful...............

As a Cowboys fan, I don't watch many Bears games. Grossman is horrible. I don't know how you Bears fan deal with it. Lovie, while a really good coach, is insane keeping him in there. I felt comfortable in the second half, there was no way Grossman could bring the Bears back after Dallas took the lead. No way.

It's kinda sad to watch that great Bears defense just waste away under the mistakes of their offense.

Here's the thing. It's not all about Rex or Benson. This team operates well when they are running the ball. This OL is not capable of playing smash mouth with any team in the league. They can't consistently open any holes when they need to. It's sad.

I disagree.

It becomes all about Rex when he throws 3 picks in the game. 6 INTs through the first 3 games and an overall QB rating of 45.2.

I don't care who is running the ball or who is on OL or who is running routes... there is no reason they should be sticking with such an ineffecient, inconsistent QB. Rex makes the same mistakes every week. A decent QB will review a little tape and maybe wait a month before reverting back to some bad habits. Rex seems to wallow in them.

The Bears are in trouble. Grossman is horrid and Griese and Orton aren't the answer. Benson hasn't shown he can run the ball like they need. The clock is ticking for the Bears and their window of opportunity is closing. They need to make a move for a QB that can win now and think real hard about drafting a QB this draft, maybe trade to move up to get one. It's a shame that this Defense is being wasted. Only reason they made the Superbowl last year is because the NFC is sorry.

I disagree.

It becomes all about Rex when he throws 3 picks in the game. 6 INTs through the first 3 games and an overall QB rating of 45.2.

I don't care who is running the ball or who is on OL or who is running routes... there is no reason they should be sticking with such an ineffecient, inconsistent QB. Rex makes the same mistakes every week. A decent QB will review a little tape and maybe wait a month before reverting back to some bad habits. Rex seems to wallow in them.

Agreed that Rex should take a ton of heat, but I disagree that it's all on him. Two of those picks came late in the game when they were down by multiple scores and Dallas was running away with it. And one of them was on a sideline comeback route, which Turner had been calling all night. As has been mentioned here before, Turner's play-calling is predictable and it showed last night. I don't think that Rex is good enough to be an NFL starter, but he's not exactly in the ideal NFL offense to succeed. And as gil mentioned last night, the Bears offense is built around the run... and they can't do that AT ALL right now. Not only is Benson soft as a sponge, but their line's run-blocking was just awful last night. They not only need to dump Rex, but also Benson, Turner, and their O-line coach.

Agreed that Rex should take a ton of heat, but I disagree that it's all on him. Two of those picks came late in the game when they were down by multiple scores and Dallas was running away with it. And one of them was on a sideline comeback route, which Turner had been calling all night. As has been mentioned here before, Turner's play-calling is predictable and it showed last night. I don't think that Rex is good enough to be an NFL starter, but he's not exactly in the ideal NFL offense to succeed. And as gil mentioned last night, the Bears offense is built around the run... and they can't do that AT ALL right now. Not only is Benson soft as a sponge, but their line's run-blocking was just awful last night. They not only need to dump Rex, but also Benson, Turner, and their O-line coach.

It's the chicken or the egg argument... you agree that Rex is not good enough to be an NFL starter but from what I've seen from Rex is that all he can throw are come back routes and the deep ball. He doesn't seem comfortable working the middle of the field OR checking it down to RBs.

Of course, Turner has something to do with it too but Rex's limitations as not being a good enough starter has a lot more to do with it. In fact, Rex's limitations may have much to do with what type of game Turner calls.

It's clear that getting rid of Jones is what hurt this team. Benson frankly disappointed me more than Grossman did last night. I don't have a HUGH problem with a QB who needs a running game to keep things honest, that's not so out of the ordinary.

Benson had to step up last night, and the fact that he's walking this morning around saying "the situation called for" Adrian Peterson late in the game last night while he stood on the sideline has me questioning this guy's heart to play the game, and take the hits necessary in order to sustain drives and keep our D fresh.

In very many ways, the Bears and Pack have identical teams except for the QB position: sick D's with no running games. Favre can move the ball and compensate, while Grossman isn't even in the parking lot of that ballpark.

As far as Benson goes, I wonder how long it would take Corey Dillon to get into game shape? On a wild speculation, I picked him up in one league last week. :D

No RB they put back there is gonna do well when teams stack the line on them every down. noone is scared of Grossman or his pass protection. if you was to put LT on the Bears he would be playing the same as...well LT as teams are doing the same thing to the Chargers.

It's the chicken or the egg argument... you agree that Rex is not good enough to be an NFL starter but from what I've seen from Rex is that all he can throw are come back routes and the deep ball. He doesn't seem comfortable working the middle of the field OR checking it down to RBs.

Agreed that Rex doesn't work the middle of the field as much as he should and doesn't check down nearly as much as he needs to. But this offense isn't designed for a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady. It's designed around the run (which is why they drafted Benson at #4 overall with Jones AND Peterson still on their roster) with vertical passing to keep linebackers safeties off of the line. It's designed to LIMIT what the QB needs to do, not to feature it. And when you lose the ability to consistently gain three or four yards on the ground in that offense, it's not going to work.

Of course, Turner has something to do with it too but Rex's limitations as not being a good enough starter has a lot more to do with it. In fact, Rex's limitations may have much to do with what type of game Turner calls.

Outside of lacking scrambling ability, Rex really doesn't really have any physical limitations. So I don't see what Turner is game-planning around. Rex's real limitation is a gunslinger mentality (coupled with a below-average ability to read defenses) that comes out when his team is down in the second half and/or he makes mistakes early in the game. And you can't game-plan around that as an OC.

It's clear that getting rid of Jones is what hurt this team. Benson frankly disappointed me more than Grossman did last night. I don't have a HUGH problem with a QB who needs a running game to keep things honest, that's not so out of the ordinary.

Benson had to step up last night, and the fact that he's walking this morning around saying "the situation called for" Adrian Peterson late in the game last night while he stood on the sideline has me questioning this guy's heart to play the game, and take the hits necessary in order to sustain drives and keep our D fresh.

In very many ways, the Bears and Pack have identical teams except for the QB position: sick D's with no running games. Favre can move the ball and compensate, while Grossman isn't even in the parking lot of that ballpark.

The Vikes are in there as well...

But Tarvaris can't even Valet park the car in the lot Grossman has to park in away from the ballpark Favre plays in...

Rex's real limitation is a gunslinger mentality that he's as thick as a brick (coupled with a below-average ability to read defenses) that comes out when his team is down in the second half and/or he makes mistakes early in the game. And you can't game-plan around that as an OC.

Fixed.