[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

plasma tv ?

dmarc117

so i think im going to buy my first hd tv. looking at a 42 in, 720p panasonic. ive been reading that with anything 42in and smaller, you can not tell the difference between 720 and 1080. but my question is regarding my new dvd player. will a blu-ray or hd-dvd be worthless on a 720p tv? tia

so i think im going to buy my first hd tv. looking at a 42 in, 720p panasonic. ive been reading that with anything 42in and smaller, you can not tell the difference between 720 and 1080. but my question is regarding my new dvd player. will a blu-ray or hd-dvd be worthless on a 720p tv? tia

720p 1080i and 1080p are considered to be high def by todays standards

>480, 480i, 480p are considered SD or standard def

You can def. tell the difference between a 720p and 1080p on a 42 inch but I would agree anything smaller would be hard to tell.

Blueray and HD will still look amazing (will obviously look better on 1080p). I am not sure what type of deal your getting on the plasma or what generation but shop around. Pannys make the best plasmas IMO.

There's no difference between high def and a good toaster. I'd get a toaster.

Not so, previously I only got 1366 X 768 browned nooks by crannies on my English muffin. Now I get 1920 by 1080 on my 1080p high def toaster.

720p 1080i and 1080p are considered to be high def by todays standards

>480, 480i, 480p are considered SD or standard def

You can def. tell the difference between a 720p and 1080p on a 42 inch but I would agree anything smaller would be hard to tell.

Blueray and HD will still look amazing (will obviously look better on 1080p). I am not sure what type of deal your getting on the plasma or what generation but shop around. Pannys make the best plasmas IMO.

all good info......and while Panny makes a great Plasma, no question, I disagree on them making the best plasma............

Pioneer is #1 quite easily.

Go look and buy the TV that your eyes tell you has the best picture that is in your budget.

Good advice, and I'll addthat if this will be a BR TV, don't get DLP! The pic degrades at very minimal angles. Most LCD's and Plasmas don't have that problem.. Not to mention that a wall mount in a BR is probably preferable.

ADVICE- Its almost October.

November 23rd -black Friday

T.Vs will be cheap cheap cheap

Olevia Black 42" 16:9 8ms State-of-the-Art LCD HDTV W/ ATSC Model 542i

cost 799.00 -microcenter had hundreds

newegg link

Olevia Black 32" 16:9 8ms State-of-the-Art LCD HDTV W/ ATSC Tuner Inside Model 532H

cost 350.00 - microcenter had hundreds

newegg link

Its almost a year later and those prices are still cheaper than what they are selling for now.

last year the 542i was originally priced at 1299 and the 532h was 999.00 the 532H makes a great tv/monitor for the office.

ADVICE- Its almost October.

November 23rd -black Friday

T.Vs will be cheap cheap cheap

Olevia Black 42" 16:9 8ms State-of-the-Art LCD HDTV W/ ATSC Model 542i

cost 799.00 -microcenter had hundreds

newegg link

Olevia Black 32" 16:9 8ms State-of-the-Art LCD HDTV W/ ATSC Tuner Inside Model 532H

cost 350.00 - microcenter had hundreds

newegg link

Its almost a year later and those prices are still cheaper than what they are selling for now.

last year the 542i was originally priced at 1299 and the 532h was 999.00 the 532H makes a great tv/monitor for the office.

Olevia is like a Vizio....nothing special...

you can already get a 32" flat panel LCD for under 1000....and that's already a great deal...because 5 or 6 years ago, you couldn't get a name brand 32" tube for under 1000...

Olevia is like a Vizio....nothing special...

you can already get a 32" flat panel LCD for under 1000....and that's already a great deal...because 5 or 6 years ago, you couldn't get a name brand 32" tube for under 1000...

I have a 42" Hitachi plasma in the family room and just recently purchased the Olevia 332H LCD through Newegg for the bedroom. The Olevia is by no means top of the line, but for the price it has an awesome picture. If you search the internet, Olevia has some very good reviews all of which I would agree with.