[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dungy not expecting injured players to play

heydave76

Typical. The Colts are ridiculous with injuries. If the guy is even slightly nicked, he doesn't play. If you have Harrison, Addai, or Sanders, better look for a back-up. I can't wait to go to the game and watch Aaron Moorehead, Kenton Keith, and Matt Giordano play. :sigh:

:D

Typical. The Colts are ridiculous with injuries. If the guy is even slightly nicked, he doesn't play. If you have Harrison, Addai, or Sanders, better look for a back-up. I can't wait to go to the game and watch Aaron Moorehead, Kenton Keith, and Matt Giordano play. :sigh:

:D

At least Peyton, Clark and Wayne are playing.

Froms CBS Sportsline...looks like a direct quote from Dungy today, so I am guessing this news is quasi-positive:

CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Notification------------------------------------------------------------ When the Colts went back to work Wednesday, coach Tony Dungywas making contingency plans for the possible absence of running back Joseph Addai, who was hurt in last Sunday's victory over Denver. Addai, last year's top rookie rusher, bruised his right shoulder in the fourth quarter when he wastackled near midfield. After the game, Dungy believed that Addai could have re-entered the game, but the Colts had the win in hand and backup Kenton Keith was running well in Addai's stead. "No one's out, and if they can practice by Friday, it would be a plus, definitely," Dungy said Wednesday of his hurt players, which includes Marvin Harrison and Bob Sanders. "You can sit and wait and hope that they'll come back, but I've never been one to do that. You have to move on."

From Fanball...

Colts: Dungy not expecting injured stars to play

10/03/07 05:00 PM

THE NEWS

Both Joseph Addai and Marvin Harrison will be held out of Wednesday's practice, and Colts coach Tony Dungy indicated the team is prepared to play without them. "I'm not expecting any of them to play," Dungy told the Indianapolis Star of the quintet of injured Colts, including Addai and Harrison. "If they practice by Friday or Saturday and can go [we'll see]. What we've got to do is get our backup guys ready to play." Dungy added that if the injured players were available it would be "a bonus."

Our View

Better get Kenton Keith and Aaron Moorehead warming up in the bullpen. We'll know more on Friday if either Addai or Harrison—or Ben Utecht or Bob Sanders, for that matter; Rob Morris is already done for the year—return to practice. Indy has a bye in week six, so the decision may be to give Joe and Marv an extra week off to rest up for the playoff push.

Bob Sanders is fragile as glass.

WaterMan . . . no disrespect intended here; I don't mean to single you out.

But would anyone seriously bump into Bob Sanders in a bar and go, "Hey yo dude, you're fragile as glass!", and expect to live?

Peace

policy

Actually saw this interview on NFL network and what Dungy said was total coach speak. He said none of them were out but they were planning to play without them. He had this sort of wry smile as if he wasn't terribly concerned. As if he was saying, when a guy isn't at practice, of course you give other guys the reps. This is football.

That said, I have no inside scoop or anything. Just reading a coach's non-verbals. You see it all the time if you watch'em enough.

From Fanball...

Colts: Dungy not expecting injured stars to play

10/03/07 05:00 PM

THE NEWS

Both Joseph Addai and Marvin Harrison will be held out of Wednesday's practice, and Colts coach Tony Dungy indicated the team is prepared to play without them. "I'm not expecting any of them to play," Dungy told the Indianapolis Star of the quintet of injured Colts, including Addai and Harrison. "If they practice by Friday or Saturday and can go [we'll see]. What we've got to do is get our backup guys ready to play." Dungy added that if the injured players were available it would be "a bonus."

note the "will be held out of practice"...not "were held out"....indicating that this quote was prior to today...probably yesterday, since it was in today's newspaper.

His remarks from today as reported by CBS sounded a tad more upbeat, saying "No one is out".

I would think Harrison is a bit more iffy, but if all Addai really has is a shoulder bruise, I expect him to play. Pad it up, test it out, and then rest him if the game is in hand.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Actually saw this interview on NFL network and what Dungy said was total coach speak. (SNIP)

That said, I have no inside scoop or anything. Just reading a coach's non-verbals. You see it all the time if you watch'em enough.

Dude, you want some coach-speak? Check out Rod Marinellli's post-game pressers.

Q: How many carries can we expect from Kevin Jones next week?

RM: I'll have to watch the film. We'll give the ball to whoever gives us the best chance to win.

Q: Do you think you can continue your winning ways?

RM: As long as we have our pad level low and we protect the football, we can compete.

Q: What time is it?

RM: I never look past the next snap.

Q: What did you have for lunch?

RM: I'll have to watch the film on that; I couldn't answer that right now.

Q: Let's say you have a lady friend over during "that time of the month". Would you be able to help her out if she came unprepared?

RM: The first thing I look at is if our pad level is where it needs to be.

Q: Okay so seriously, you walk into a bar and you see Condi Rice and Hillary Clinton making out. What do you say?

RM: I'll have to watch the film on that.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

WaterMan . . . no disrespect intended here; I don't mean to single you out.

But would anyone seriously bump into Bob Sanders in a bar and go, "Hey yo dude, you're fragile as glass!", and expect to live?

Peace

policy

I know his wife does.

Bob Sanders is fragile as glass.

That's cause he has NO fear for what happens to his body. Have you seen him lay someone out? I mean there's a highlight on SportsCenter every week when he does play! It's awesome. I mean it's not good cause he does get injured, but the guy plays with no remorse for his own well being!