[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Visiting the Big Apple in early November

Puddy

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I made a big production in the place too today..Talking about moving tables together and making sure the Rangers werent on every TV..Its good though we should still have a decent sized group..

Ahem...they will still be on somewhere, right Whomp? :D

Ahem...they will still be on somewhere, right Whomp? :D

I made sure of it..If for some bizarre reason they say no the place right next door has the game..we are good either way

Sweeeet....See you shortly. I am out of here at about 6:15/6:30

OK..Call my cell..Im out of my office in about 10 minutes..I have time to kill

Well....we ended up four strong. Our waitress, Elizabeth, seemed a little put out that we didn't take up the entire room that Whomper reserved for the turnout. But the three that did show up to meet me were top notch guys. Wolf, FWmaker, Whomper, my sincere thanks for taking time out of your personal lives to show me a great time tonight. I really enjoyed the conversation, the ribs, the world famous tater tots :D the Sam Adams, and 5 Magic Hats.

Wolf has a very cool wife that loves sports and plays in a FFL with him. He also has an adorable 16 month daughter. He's almost my age but looks ten years younger than me.

FWmaker takes Monday Night Football seriously as he showed up with a football tie on. Fellow beancounter and all around good guy. He inspired me to try and lose some of the extra pounds I'm carrying.

Whomper is the real deal. Super genuine guy that I've been wanting to meet for a few years. Finally got the chance to throw a few back with him.

Hopefully this won't be the last time guys. :D

Hopefully I'll get Nogohawk, Duchess, Wench, Hugh and Isleseeya next time.

Well....we ended up four strong. Our waitress, Elizabeth, seemed a little put out that we didn't take up the entire room that Whomper reserved for the turnout. But the three that did show up to meet me were top notch guys. Wolf, FWmaker, Whomper, my sincere thanks for taking time out of your personal lives to show me a great time tonight. I really enjoyed the conversation, the ribs, the world famous tater tots :D the Sam Adams, and 5 Magic Hats.

Wolf has a very cool wife that loves sports and plays in a FFL with him. He also has an adorable 16 month daughter. He's almost my age but looks ten years younger than me.

FWmaker takes Monday Night Football seriously as he showed up with a football tie on. Fellow beancounter and all around good guy. He inspired me to try and lose some of the extra pounds I'm carrying.

Whomper is the real deal. Super genuine guy that I've been wanting to meet for a few years. Finally got the chance to throw a few back with him.

Hopefully this won't be the last time guys. :D

Hopefully I'll get Nogohawk, Duchess, Wench, Hugh and Isleseeya next time.

Cool. And hopefully you make it out this way again in the future. Sorry, but I ran out of vagisil so I couldn't attend. Having met Whomper and FWMaker previously, I can confirm that you met some top notch dudes! I'll also be heading out to Detroit probably mid December or mid January, so I'll drop you a line then.

A great time was had by all..Sorry we had some last minute cancellations but I am sure we will do this again some time down the line. We ended up with 2 salesman and 2 accountants and FWMaker over paid..Advantage salesmen

FWMaker is a great guy. I met him at hughs house a few years ago. He has a great sense of humor with great timing on his jokes. He slips them in out of nowhere and the 2 times I have hung out with him he had my laughing.

The Wolf is a very personable guy. I am glad you decided to jump in and join us. As you said last night was your first time meeting any huddlers. I hope we didnt scare you off for future engagements..You seem like a good family man and it was a pleasure meeting you. I enjoyed our conversations.

Puddy to me always came off as a great guy by his posts and the way he handles himself on the boards and that absolutely holds true in person. Very laid back and easy to talk too and funny as hell. I have been looking forward to getting together with you for a while and I am glad we finally got the chance to say hello in person . If I wasnt headed out to disney today we could have hooked up again before you left..Im sure there will be more opportunities in the future.

Thanks for a great time fellas. Lets get together again soon..

Wolf did drink you under the table .... right? He has a reputation to maintain.

I held my own, BC :D ...of course, I left before Puddy and Whomp did (with about 10 minutes left in the game) and I have no idea how much they drank after that!

Let it be known, however, that I proposed Jager shots (in light of Whomp's affinity for the sauce) and all politely declined...advantage, TKE!

As Whomp wrote, it was my first time meeting any Huddlers. Had such a good time last night that I hope to have a few drinks with Chargerz this Sunday when I am in SD. "Getting to know someone" in this community by their posts and actually meeting them face-to-face are two incredibly different animals. Posting is great, but meeting over several apricot-flavored beers is another. BTW Puddy, the Brooklyn Ale did NOT taste like it had vinegar in it...!

These are three quality guys, hard working, decent, family men. We spoke a lot of FF but showed pics of the kids, talked a bit about our jobs, WCOFF (I NEED IN ON A TEAM THIS COMING SEASON!), Vegas (Whomp, I may have to start playing 5...). It was a real pleasure to hang out with such individuals and it is even more of a pleasure (nay, honor?) to be a part of a community such as The Huddle. The stories I heard about how this community comes together to help each other out in time of need just blew my mind.

I hope I didn't talk too much...after the third beer I am no longer responsible for the quantity of words that come out of my mouth...!

Mois? :D

I'm more of a Sambuca man myself but figured that if Whomp put this thing together, then I should at least have a shot of his beverage of choice...

:D

They meant Jaeger..

A great time was had by all..Sorry we had some last minute cancellations but I am sure we will do this again some time down the line. We ended up with 2 salesman and 2 accountants and FWMaker over paid..Advantage salesmen

FWMaker is a great guy. I met him at hughs house a few years ago. He has a great sense of humor with great timing on his jokes. He slips them in out of nowhere and the 2 times I have hung out with him he had my laughing.

The Wolf is a very personable guy. I am glad you decided to jump in and join us. As you said last night was your first time meeting any huddlers. I hope we didnt scare you off for future engagements..You seem like a good family man and it was a pleasure meeting you. I enjoyed our conversations.

Puddy to me always came off as a great guy by his posts and the way he handles himself on the boards and that absolutely holds true in person. Very laid back and easy to talk too and funny as hell. I have been looking forward to getting together with you for a while and I am glad we finally got the chance to say hello in person . If I wasnt headed out to disney today we could have hooked up again before you left..Im sure there will be more opportunities in the future.

:D I guess what happens in the Big Apple stays in the Big Apple :D

Had a great time. Was pissed I had to be the first to cut out. Wolf had the advantage over us in that his wife avidly promotes fantasy football and Sunday couch-potatoism. Puddy, I was perplexed the whole night because I was expecting you to look EXACTLY like your avatar. Fascinated that big ED was your company's lawyer. Whomp - typical Whomp with typical whomperisms. I say that with the ultimate respect - it's a compliment. It's pretty cool meetin' fellow Huddlers - the moment you meet it's like a live, fast version of Mystery Huddler.

Hugh, Ilseeya, D-Jack, and (fantasy) Wench, sorry you guys/gal had to bail.

As for overpaying, I thought I might've. I gotten used to shelling out buckaroos to Huddlers due to Moneymaker's events. Call it my penalty for being first to skeedaddle.

FWmaker

Edited by FWmaker

Had a great time. Was p{i][/i]issed I had to be the first to cut out. Wolf had the advantage over us in that his wife avidly promotes fantasy football and Sunday couch-potatoism. Puddy, I was perplexed the whole night because I was expecting you to look EXACTLY like your avatar. Fascinated that big ED was your company's lawyer. Whomp - typical Whomp with typical whomperisms. I say that with the ultimate respect - it's a compliment. It's pretty cool meetin' fellow Huddlers - the moment you meet it's like a live, fast version of Mystery Huddler.

Hugh, Ilseeya, D-Jack, and (fantasy) Wench, sorry you guys/gal had to bail.

As for overpaying, I thought I might've. I gotten used to shelling out buckaroos to Huddlers due to Moneymaker's events. Call it my penalty for being first to skeedaddle.

FWmaker

...and for being the last to arrive... :D