[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chambers to SD

LooGie

As a non Charger or Dolphin fan I don't understand. The Phins are going nowhere and need to start a 2-3 year re-building process. You just traded an underachieving, almost 30 year-old WR, the day of the trade deadline, for a 2nd round draft pick. That's a score.

agreed. if Zach and JT could see it as a good thing - them being able to actually win a ring - I would have loved to see them traded as well.... again, so long as they were 100% into it..

no more bandaids. we had a pretty good draft last year (all of our picks made the team)... I am thrilled to see what another year will do... I am tired of being old and under-achieving... I long to be young and over-achieving... let the rebuilding begin!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a long time fan and season ticket holder, I'm glad (and in a lot of ways sad) to see Chambers go. The Dolphins are an old and very bad football team right now. While the Chambers move might be the one we hear about, I wonder how many moves the Dolphins tried to make with other high-priced vets that didn't happen.

It is time to rebuild this team. All these patch works over the past decade has done little to improve the team. The last time in the playoffs was in 2001 and that was an ugly 20-3 loss to the Ravens. The last playoff win was in 2000 against the Colts. It's been a long time to endure such mediocrity in this organization. I would like to see another playoff team before I get too old to tailgate again.

As was said in this thread, a 2nd rounder is a good start but if the organization (Mueller & Cameron) cannot make smart draft choices, it won't even matter. I wouldn't mind a few 4-12 seasons if I knew we were headed in the right direction.

Chambers owned here and to put bluntly, Im very excited. I can see Chambers getting more passes for TDs now than ever. He may not get the yardage but Ill take TD passes over Yards anyday in my league.

Also, Chambers was on a team that he was the only pass threat , so he was treated as such. NOW he is the #1 WR on a team that has a competent QB and other players that will pull double coverage, Gates, LT, Jackson, andat some point that will leave him in a single coverage. On Miami he was the focal point in that offence, on SD he is part of a well oiled machine that will put up more points than ever now. Hopefully points for me in my league :D

Also, I dont understand why ppl are saying that it will take a while for Chambers to learn the new system. Obviously those ppl have no logic about both offences. Cameron and Turner were on the same team with MIA and both worked Chambers.

Edited by RJV

I think both teams win.

Miami gets a 2nd round pick for a player that didnt factor into their plans next year.

SD gets a decent WR to play opposite Jackson and stretch opposing D's a bit more.

Obviously I am a bit biased but Chambers wasnt staying in Miami anyway, why not get something for him rather than lose him altogether?

he will probably start whining soon enough in SD as he will be the 3rd option there at best behhind LT and Gates

The bias in most projections in here is dependent on whether or not you own players on the Dolphins or Chargers. Attempting to maintain objectivity (having Chambers and Gates), I think this helps both of them. Chambers had to be inserted into the line up when I lost AJ, and it’s hit/miss, but mostly miss. With a good team getting better, it’s got to open things up. If Chambers gets any respect from the D, it opens it up for Gates. The only FF player this hurts is Ronnie Brown IMO.

As a Fin homer.....it actually looks like we have had a Hurricane...They are rebuilding...

You will see either Zack or Taylor next, maybe after the season....

As a Brown owner how can that not hurt his value....

I dont think it affects his value that much... whether its Chambers, or Booker or Ginn or whoever they are still going to have to pass the ball.

Brown has been the main playmaker for the last few weeks and he is still doing great, even with being the primary focus of the opposing D.

If anything I would think he may even get more looks in the passing game now.....one of the other WRs will step up and start clicking with Lemon.

Edited by doobwaa

Chambers owned here and to put bluntly, Im very excited. I can see Chambers getting more passes for TDs now than ever. He may not get the yardage but Ill take TD passes over Yards anyday in my league.

Also, Chambers was on a team that he was the only pass threat , so he was treated as such. NOW he is the #1 WR on a team that has a competent QB and other players that will pull double coverage, Gates, LT, Jackson, andat some point that will leave him in a single coverage. On Miami he was the focal point in that offence, on SD he is part of a well oiled machine that will put up more points than ever now. Hopefully points for me in my league :D

I still can't see how any Chambers owner is happy about this. He is going to a new team where he will have to learn a new system and will be the 4th option behind the best RB and best TE in the league. Oh yeah, and it's the beginning of week 7 so it's not like he has all of TC to learn the new system/verbiage etc.... I say no way Chambers is productive this year. Absolutely NO WAY.

I still can't see how any Chambers owner is happy about this. He is going to a new team where he will have to learn a new system and will be the 4th option behind the best RB and best TE in the league. Oh yeah, and it's the beginning of week 7 so it's not like he has all of TC to learn the new system/verbiage etc.... I say no way Chambers is productive this year. Absolutely NO WAY.

Actually Chambers is very familiar with Norv's offense. He was the Dolphins OC for 2 years. Chambers led the team in receptions both years and in 2003 had a pretty good year with 64 receptions for 963 yards and 11 TD's. This was with Jay Fiedler at QB too.

I think he'll fit in quite well in SD.

Why would the San Diego brass trade away a 2nd round draft choice to get him then?

Seriously though, perhaps to have a decent WR corps for the next couple of years? Obviously they think he's worth it but from a fantasy perspective I can't see how Chambers will be productive this season. Next season I can see it, but not 2007.

I don't see Lemon as the long term answer...so Beck will play at some point...with the emergence somewhat of Ginn,,,,I see Beck by the end of the season with Ginn as his primary...But teams will beg Lemon to throw it...without a bonifide WR teams will focus more on Brown....

Im a season tickett holder and saw Chambers since he was brought in.......Some games he could not be stopped...but much to often he was invisible...maybe drawing a lot of coverage...but at times he just could not hold the ball when he was thrown to.....very two sided...sometimes he was there and sometimes he wasn't.......he has put up some nice FF #'s...occasionally....

:D

Actually Chambers is very familiar with Norv's offense. He was the Dolphins OC for 2 years. Chambers led the team in receptions both years and in 2003 had a pretty good year with 64 receptions for 963 yards and 11 TD's. This was with Jay Fiedler at QB too.

I think he'll fit in quite well in SD.

Maybe next year. I graduated from college in 2003 as a finance major - if you were to ask me how to figure a P/E ratio right now I would not know. The point is that he has been in a much different system for the past four years so he still has to re-learn some stuff. Besides all of that, he still has to compete with L.T., Gates and VJax for balls - I just don't see productivity this year but that is only MHO

Chambers unfortunately will at the least 4th 0r 5th option

first LT

then LT

then Gates

Then Gates

Then maybe chambers or it could still be vincent jackson

:D:D

seriously from a fantasy perspective if i were a chambers owner i would not be overly thrilled about this trade for sure ..nor if i was a vincent jackson owner

Alot has been posted about Chambers not getting enough touches in this offense with Gates and LT around. Having watched this offense week after week, I disagree. A.J. and Norv have been looking for a WR, ANY WR to step up and take the pressure off of Gates and the running game. Chambers knows Norv's offense. If he can get open (and that's a big if), he will get his chances to produce.

Chambers unfortunately will at the least 4th 0r 5th option

first LT

then LT

then Gates

Then Gates

Then maybe chambers or it could still be vincent jackson

:D:D

seriously from a fantasy perspective if i were a chambers owner i would not be overly thrilled about this trade for sure ..nor if i was a vincent jackson owner

Well as a multiple league Gates owner, I sure hope to see more Gates and Gates. A few TD's would be nice too.

As a non Charger or Dolphin fan I don't understand. The Phins are going nowhere and need to start a 2-3 year re-building process. You just traded an underachieving, almost 30 year-old WR, the day of the trade deadline, for a 2nd round draft pick. That's a score.

I guess I just had high hopes for Chambers over the years. He would tease us with incredible talent some weeks and then not show up at all. I liked him as a player though and wanted him to do well.

I disagree.

Chambers has 31 receptions for 415 yards and no TDs this year - not exactly lighting it up. I think it leads to more receptions for Ronnie and a big upgrade for Ginn.

Lemme guess... you own Brown. The more dimensions an offense has the less predictable it is. Losing a starting WR to "upgrade" the other young WR's doesn't make sense. Miami lost a player and SD gained one. I agree that one shouldn't get their expectations too lofty, but if Chambers stayed with Miami you could expect mediocrity at best. SD is a good team and they just got better. It may take a few weeks to pan out, but I don't see how you can't love this if you own Chambers... it can't get much worse, and may get a lot better.