[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bottled water now getting banned...

I Like Soup

The newest tactic is being debated here. Chicago Mayor Richard Daley has endorsed a proposal to add a 10-cent tax to each bottle, which would bring the city about $21 million a year.

"It's not a tax on water, it's a tax on plastic," says Alderman George Cardenas, who introduced the measure to help offset revenue declines from the city water system, reduce litter and decrease the amount of oil used to produce and transport bottled water.

This sounds like a state issue and not (yet) a federal issue.

This sounds like a state issue and not (yet) a federal issue.

Seems to me they should tax all plastic containered items then, not just water. While I realize bottled water is a redundant source for water since cities provide it, hell, soda is a replacement for water...that is why they package beer in cans...:D

:D

This is so stupid. Implement a 10 cent deposit like Michigan if you're really interested in saving the environment. You'll have less trash along the roads, and people really recycle to get that dime. A ten cent tax wouldn't do a thing to discourage water bottle use.

they don't sell it in europe either....

pretty soon we'll be catching up with them and stop using plastic bags because they take forever to discintegrate...

Your ignorance is showing here, much like the volcano thing.

They have hugh bottles of water for sale in Europe. Hell, I bought one myself a couple of weeks ago while I was in Austria.

This is so stupid. Implement a 10 cent deposit like Michigan if you're really interested in saving the environment. You'll have less trash along the roads, and people really recycle to get that dime. A ten cent tax wouldn't do a thing to discourage water bottle use.

but it would pad the city coffers. which (shhh) is really the whole point.

Your ignorance is showing here, much like the volcano thing.

They have hugh bottles of water for sale in Europe. Hell, I bought one myself a couple of weeks ago while I was in Austria.

they banned it already....

your childishness is showing here, much like the volcano thing...

also I can't find any articles on this....but I know that europe consumes way more bottled water than anyone else in the world...especially in western europe...

this is why they already talked about banning it....we pretty much got the idea from them as they were the ones saying the plastic contaminates the water and leads to cancer etc. etc.

but I find it odd that we would beat them to the punch at banning bottled water as it is more popular over there and they pretty much came up with the idea to begin with...

who was it...the french?...I forget.....

and the french coming up with this idea is only typical...

they banned it already....

your childishness is showing here, much like the volcano thing...

:stickingtongueout:

:wacko:

EXACTLY....:D

wait....isn't that in New Jersey? :D

Silly orangeman, Austria is near that river denial...:wacko:

So let me get this right...Europe banned bottled water but they still sell it?

I guess I have trouble with a commercially available product is out on the free market and is getting banned because of its' packaging...even though other products have identical packaging? Make sense to me...:kookoo:

:stickingtongueout:

:D

Silly orangeman, Austria is near that river denial...:D

So let me get this right...Europe banned bottled water but they still sell it?

I guess I have trouble with a commercially available product is out on the free market and is getting banned because of its' packaging...even though other products have identical packaging? Make sense to me...:kookoo:

nice....

I am saying that when sold...Europe sold the most bottled water...

and it's spelled the Nile.. ya moran...