[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Class vs. Classless

Cowboyz1

With 5.53 on the clock in the 4th quarter the Redskins got the ball and had every starter in the game. the last TD scored by a starting player was Cooleys TD.

:D

So you are taking the Redskins to task for having their starters on the field on the losing end of a blow out?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are taking the Redskins to task for having their starters on the field on the losing end of a blow out?

If the game is out of hand..why should only the winning team pull their players?

It is the exact same thing...you don't want to get your players hurt and their is no reason to leave them in there during a blowout.

I mean I would of personally pulled my players sooner if I was the Pats...but if I was the Redskins I would of done the same.

You played in the NFL? Cause I'm talking about professional men here earning a living, not college boys or powder puff.

But I'd be willing to bet and your ilk are more upset this morning about the Patriots "running up the score" than most if not all of the Redskins.

You start off by disclaiming what he's writing because he's not an NFL player, but then you profess to speak for the 'Skins' players two paragraphs later?

Put this under the definition of ironic.

If the game is out of hand..why should only the winning team pull their players?

It is the exact same thing...you don't want to get your players hurt and their is no reason to leave them in there during a blowout.

I mean I would of personally pulled my players sooner if I was the Pats...but if I was the Redskins I would of done the same.

I think one thing you want to do when getting the living tits beaten out of you it is to take something positive from the game. Scoring an offensive TD was that bright spot. Sure, it's not much, but it's something, and it might carry over to next week, and if it does, it's a great play.

I think one thing you want to do when getting the living tits beaten out of you it is to take something positive from the game. Scoring an offensive TD was that bright spot. Sure, it's not much, but it's something, and it might carry over to next week, and if it does, it's a great play.

What was gonna come out of this game that was positive for the Redskins? with a guy like Portis who has had injury problems what was he doing in there with under 5 minutes to go?

Both teams should be talked about here if 1 team is. especially when the Skins were the last team to have their starters on the field.

I don't mean to be too disrespectful, Doc, but Jiminy Christmas, have you ever played a team sport?

It is one of the bastions of any sport that you take your foot off the gas when you have a team beaten to the point to where they not only can't possibly beat you but you've embarasssed them thoroughly, and it's also one of the bastions that you don't quit no matter how badly you're getting waxed.

I don't mean to be too disrespectful, Doc, but Jiminy Christmas, have you ever played a team sport?

It is one of the bastions of any sport that you take your foot off the gas when you have a team beaten to the point to where they not only can't possibly beat you but you've embarasssed them thoroughly, and it's also one of the bastions that you don't quit no matter how badly you're getting waxed.

I have played Baseball ,football and Basketball as well as even Volleyball on teams.

I agree though that both teams should of got their starters out. I am only defending the Patriots because they are the only team being mentioned here. being unbeaten does that I guess.

That NE is unbeaten has nothing to do with the argument and is quite frankly a very poorly constructed straw man.

I see...then why no reference to Gibbs having his starters in? having Portis in who has stayed hurt the last few years.

I am starting to see objectivity has been thrown out of this debate.

I see...then why no reference to Gibbs having his starters in? having Portis in who has stayed hurt the last few years.

Dude, Objectivity was barred at the door. Heck, I think it might even be against Forum Rules. DMD?

Ummmm - Maybe because the situation has to do with that fact that NE was WINNING and WAS was LOSING in the game? What does that have to do with either team's season record?

:D @ the loss of objectivity reference also.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'm amazed at the amount of crying going on over this. People don't run the ball through the middle out of respect when up 28 in the NFL. They do it cause it's usually the smart play as it winds the clock down faster. WIth the pats, the smart play is to keep playing the way you are.

Look, I hate the Pats and Sox for the most part, because as a Philly fan, we entered the 2000's generally even with them - teams that are mostly decent (well, the Phillies were a bit diff., but had their shots) who can't get it over the hump. Now, they are kings of the world in both sports and Philly fans are just more and more bitter.

However, that in no way means a team like the Pats needs to slow down cause their up 4 or 5 scores. Eventually, that may bite them in a "up 28 turns into up 7 due to 2 turnovers and an onside kick" sort of thing, or due to an injury, but this is the pros and if they want to run a flea flicker up 30, just stop it or shut up....

(hating the skins as I do, that was fun to watch actually)

You start off by disclaiming what he's writing because he's not an NFL player, but then you profess to speak for the 'Skins' players two paragraphs later?

Put this under the definition of ironic.

You didn't read far enough back. I was talking about men playing professional football for a living. He asked me if I played "organized" football, which isn't relevant at all to my point.

In any event, I stand by my comment that there's likely less crying and teeth gnashing going in the Redskins locker room (or where ever they are today) than on this board.

The problem of perception in all of this is that the actions of the Patriots towards the end of the game only fed a sentiment that already existed. It is not the first time people have called them out for a lack of sportsmanship, I remember them inserting players like Vrabel and others in blowouts just to run trick plays and give them a touchdown. Didn't they let Flutie kick a field goal for giggles in one game that was well in hand? It is just perceived as disrespect to the opponent and a lack of sportsmanship displayed to all who watch including kids that want to mimic behavior. The Pats are perfectly free to run up scores or just kneel on the ball and in the end all that matters for the game is the win or loss.

But it will come back to haunt them at some later date when they are stuggling again. Unfortunately that may end up to be a burden for some other coach to incur after Belichick leaves. It feels good to fans to see their team roll up big wins which is undeniable. And it is perceived as a lack of sportsmanship and respect by others when they do it. It does not offend my personal sensibilities that they do that though for the "good of the game" it would be preferable that they didn't IMO. And they are just stoking the coals of a fire that will burn later against them.

If Belichick wants to run up the score with his starters in the game, Gibbs can put 11 men on the line and blitz on every single play. That might make Bill rethink his strategy when Brady's eating out of a straw for the next 6 weeks. :D

Until a defense solves this kick-arse offensive line, Brady will have all day to set up....and.won't be eating anything but Gisele.

Enjoy that image for the rest of the day, Brady-haters :D

Until a defense solves this kick-arse offensive line, Brady will have all day to set up....and.won't be eating anything but Gisele.

Enjoy that image for the rest of the day, Brady-haters :D

You dont have to solve anything if you send 11 and hit late.

You dont have to solve anything if you send 11 and hit late.

So now you're advocating flagrantly disregarding the rules and actively trying to injure a player. That's some class right there.